Aarons Rents charges 20% for 90 Days Same as Cash?

Posted in the Summerville Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 92 Comments Last updated Feb 24, 2011
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Reason

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 8, 2010
 
Aaronís store charges 20% for their 90 days same as cash options. Isnít it bait and switch? Example: if you pay for a product immediately you they will charge $800, but if you chose to go with 90 days same as cash option, you will pay $1,000. Is it fair?
THE EYE

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 9, 2010
 
Reason wrote:
Aaronís store charges 20% for their 90 days same as cash options. Isnít it bait and switch? Example: if you pay for a product immediately you they will charge $800, but if you chose to go with 90 days same as cash option, you will pay $1,000. Is it fair?
Aarons is an all around ripoff just like rent a center and all the other rental and cash stores. High prices, high interest, and shady sales tactics. I've never been in one in my life and I'm gonna keep it that way. I feel bad for the people that have no other option but to use that place. The government should shut all these stores down they only push poor families further into debt and poverty.
Clint

Moulton, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 9, 2010
 
They all prey on people who can't get credit or have bad credit. I see their delivery trucks out all the time. Can't figure out why someone would want to rent a tv, but I guess some have no choice.
Reason

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 9, 2010
 
20% for their 90 days same as cash options:
Is it legal?
What could be done about it?
Clint

Moulton, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 9, 2010
 
I bet that if you could read the fine print on their contract, there would be a clause indicating what the extra charges are for. Most people don't take the time to do that or the salesperson doesn't point it out. The business wouldn't be as widespread as it is if it wasn't legal.
Officer

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 9, 2010
 
It is 207.36% a year!!! Taxpayers support welfare, SSI, food stamps for locals to waste $$$ on Aarons. It would be cheaper for taxpayers to give away their used things to those who donít see a pig behind pigís lipstick.
Glen

Rex, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 14, 2010
 
Reason wrote:
Aaronís store charges 20% for their 90 days same as cash options. Isnít it bait and switch? Example: if you pay for a product immediately you they will charge $800, but if you chose to go with 90 days same as cash option, you will pay $1,000. Is it fair?
Dude,you should know better than going to Aaron.they suck.
duh

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 14, 2010
 
they charge more because their customers don't pay very good so they have to up the price for the bums who want pay like they are supposed to
Leslie Whorewinkle

Chatsworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 14, 2010
 
Reason wrote:
Aaronís store charges 20% for their 90 days same as cash options. Isnít it bait and switch? Example: if you pay for a product immediately you they will charge $800, but if you chose to go with 90 days same as cash option, you will pay $1,000. Is it fair?
Dont go to that crummy crooked store. What About Farmers Furnature? Their products are very expensive and worth bout 1/3 of their cost! Rippoff if U ask me
Leslie Whorewinkle

Chatsworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 14, 2010
 
Just break down and go to Stancell"s
ipod

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 15, 2010
 
i heard they gotta nasty skinny girl working there who is taking money. could it be her that is getting that extra 20%? she is gonna get caught up with sooner or later. she got fired from the prison so what does that tell ya?!
Reason

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 15, 2010
 
ipod wrote:
i heard they gotta nasty skinny girl working there who is taking money. could it be her that is getting that extra 20%? she is gonna get caught up with sooner or later. she got fired from the prison so what does that tell ya?!
Maybe they fired her from prison by mistake. She might sue for wrongful termination.
OIC

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 15, 2010
 
she was in on the escape of 08.
Officer

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 15, 2010
 
OIC wrote:
she was in on the escape of 08.
Sounds strange. How one can get away with such a thing?
JBA

Summerville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 18, 2010
 
check out trion's topix for "6 prison employees fired over Hays State Prison escapes"
http://www.topix.com/forum/prisons/hays-state...
"those people should have been doing their job or they might still be there. what i wonder is how one of them carried in a cell phone (danielle kandcer) and didnt get squat done to her. look at Joann the lady in optics who brought in cell phones. she got arrested. i dont care what the situation was..cell phones shouldnt be brought in by anyone. skank kandcer should be in just as much trouble as joann."
aarons trusts her with money
quitchurbitchin

Chatsworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 18, 2010
 

Judged:

1

if you paid your bills and didn't have shltty credit, you wouldnt be going to aarons in the first place.

who wants to listen to a crybaby who wont pay their bills,(aka trash)

bet you still owe gateway for the computer you used to make this rediculous post.
JBA

Summerville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 18, 2010
 
you sound like aaron's collections employees. it might be hard for you to imagine, but local people are not dogs (aka trash).
quitchurbitchin

Chatsworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 18, 2010
 
the only reason anyone would go to aaron is because they cant get a loan at a furniture store or a bank.

and the reason they cant get that loan is........(wait for it).........
..........
..........
THEY DONT PAY THEIR BILLS!!

aka: Trash
JBA

Summerville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jan 18, 2010
 
quitchurbitchin wrote:
the only reason anyone would go to aaron is because they cant get a loan at a furniture store or a bank.
and the reason they cant get that loan is........(wait for it).........
..........
..........
THEY DONT PAY THEIR BILLS!!
aka: Trash
i don't think your bosses in aarons will like what you say here
quitchurbitchin

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jan 18, 2010
 
don't work at aarons but i do pay my bills.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Summerville Forum right now

Search the Summerville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 9 min Truth Paste 49,818
Chrstie Stevens murder removed (Oct '13) 13 hr American 36
I have not broken any laws so I'm not worried a... 13 hr American 2
2014 NSA Surveillance 18 hr jojo12 1
Human Mind Can Interfere with Quantum Objects Sun jojo12 1
"Passage of Time Just an Illusion?" Jul 25 jojo12 1
Chris Hedges Greatest Speech Ever Made Jul 25 jojo12 1
•••
•••

Summerville News Video

•••
•••

Summerville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Summerville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Summerville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Summerville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••