First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Boatman

Peterstown, WV

#1 Jul 2, 2012
Just an FYI: Gas stations are being ordered by the state government to not let people fill up boats at the pump to conserve gas for those needing it for vehicles or generators. Rationing to come by tomorrow evening if the situation has not improved.
20 gallon limit
Curious

Huntington, WV

#2 Jul 2, 2012
Is there any place in Summersville that has gas right now?
KCfromOhio

Akron, OH

#3 Jul 2, 2012
Boatman wrote:
Just an FYI: Gas stations are being ordered by the state government to not let people fill up boats at the pump to conserve gas for those needing it for vehicles or generators. Rationing to come by tomorrow evening if the situation has not improved.
20 gallon limit
Thanks Boatman.

(I posted this erlier)
I am planning on bringing my boat to Summersville Lake. I have reservations at the Baymont in Summersville for the 3-4-5 of July. I understand the local residents are being turned away from motels. I certianly do not want to visit the area to have fun while others are suffering. I can not find any information about the lake, boat ramps or the availability of gasoline. I would like some input from Summersville residents as to weather I should postpone my visit or not.
Thank You, Keith Clark. Barberton, Ohio.
Betty

Ranson, WV

#4 Jul 2, 2012
They can't get food, gas, or ice. I would cancel my reservations and stay home.
I suggest

Summersville, WV

#5 Jul 2, 2012
KCfromOhio wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Boatman.
(I posted this erlier)
I am planning on bringing my boat to Summersville Lake. I have reservations at the Baymont in Summersville for the 3-4-5 of July. I understand the local residents are being turned away from motels. I certianly do not want to visit the area to have fun while others are suffering. I can not find any information about the lake, boat ramps or the availability of gasoline. I would like some input from Summersville residents as to weather I should postpone my visit or not.
Thank You, Keith Clark. Barberton, Ohio.
I suggest that you bring your own gasoline if you do come here and also bring a gun lol. Its getting to where its almost dog eat dog around here and no relief is in site. Electricity and gas is sporatic. Problem is that the tankers are un-able to supply the stations quick enough. Some lines to the pump are 3-4 hours long. The generators at the stations have to be shut off occasionally in order to re-power and cool off. They have started using the Summersville dam as a source of electricity for route 19. This is just what I have heard so please don't take it at face value. However, its not looking pretty around here at this time.
1 post removed
joe

Hurricane, WV

#7 Jul 2, 2012
KCfromOhio wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Boatman.
(I posted this erlier)
I am planning on bringing my boat to Summersville Lake. I have reservations at the Baymont in Summersville for the 3-4-5 of July. I understand the local residents are being turned away from motels. I certianly do not want to visit the area to have fun while others are suffering. I can not find any information about the lake, boat ramps or the availability of gasoline. I would like some input from Summersville residents as to weather I should postpone my visit or not.
Thank You, Keith Clark. Barberton, Ohio.
Any other time, its a great place to visit. At this time, however, I myself would leave if i could. No power, very hard to get gas, ppl fighting over ice, its not a pretty sight. I pray that we get our power back on soon.
Fancy man

Birmingham, AL

#8 Jul 2, 2012
It's pandemonium here. People having to wait to fill up their suv. Dogs and cats living together. What's next? Fancy people having to share our power and ac. Summersville has power and water phone and cable service. I called FEMA they said fancy woolen like me didn't have to suffer without internet and cable
freddie

Hurricane, WV

#9 Jul 2, 2012
Fancy man wrote:
It's pandemonium here. People having to wait to fill up their suv. Dogs and cats living together. What's next? Fancy people having to share our power and ac. Summersville has power and water phone and cable service. I called FEMA they said fancy woolen like me didn't have to suffer without internet and cable
They may have water for now; some surrounding areas have had their water shut off because of not being able to treat it. http://wvgazette.com/News/201207020089
Fancy man

Birmingham, AL

#10 Jul 2, 2012
Yes Freddy some places might be out of water but those places don't have our super duper 25 million dollar water plant. Face it you people are not fancy. Summersville city garage is filling up residents cars for free. You must show a sewer bill from the city and bingo. You fill Er up no charge and they check the tires and engine oil while you sit in the ac.
Tomblin

New York, NY

#11 Jul 2, 2012
The dumbest people are on topix.
Hehehe

Chesapeake, VA

#12 Jul 3, 2012
Tomblin wrote:
The dumbest people are on topix.
Guess that includes you! Hehehe

“The doctor is in”

Level 2

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#13 Jul 3, 2012
Fancy man wrote:
Yes Freddy some places might be out of water but those places don't have our super duper 25 million dollar water plant. Face it you people are not fancy. Summersville city garage is filling up residents cars for free. You must show a sewer bill from the city and bingo. You fill Er up no charge and they check the tires and engine oil while you sit in the ac.
Because your JUST so much better then anyone else!!!!!?????Your what's wrong with society today.Selfish people like you make me want to puke all over your "fancy" shoes!You kill the environment with all your wasteful habits and throw away perfectly good food that animals and humans could use!You will have your day.And by the way you better watch how you gloat about having electricity because it can be taken away from you at any given moment!
curious

Charleston, WV

#14 Jul 3, 2012
Black plague Dr wrote:
<quoted text>Because your JUST so much better then anyone else!!!!!?????Your what's wrong with society today.Selfish people like you make me want to puke all over your "fancy" shoes!You kill the environment with all your wasteful habits and throw away perfectly good food that animals and humans could use!You will have your day.And by the way you better watch how you gloat about having electricity because it can be taken away from you at any given moment!
You do realize that guy was being sarcastic, right?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#15 Jul 3, 2012
Black plague Dr wrote:
<quoted text>Because your JUST so much better then anyone else!!!!!?????Your what's wrong with society today.Selfish people like you make me want to puke all over your "fancy" shoes!You kill the environment with all your wasteful habits and throw away perfectly good food that animals and humans could use!You will have your day.And by the way you better watch how you gloat about having electricity because it can be taken away from you at any given moment!
That idiot probably doesn't even live in summersville. He has about as much brain matter as he has manners which is none. People like him usually have a very small penis and a very large ego. He has nothing for anyone to be envious of so he results to cheap shots at people that are suffering. It's ok though because everybody will have power soon and he will still have a microbial penis.:)
scaredpoopless

Myrtle Beach, SC

#16 Jul 3, 2012
It is crazy just a suggestion why don't the people with generators turn them off of the night & help save gas!!! Except people that absolutely need them all the time.
Tomblin

New York, NY

#17 Jul 4, 2012
scaredpoopless wrote:
It is crazy just a suggestion why don't the people with generators turn them off of the night & help save gas!!! Except people that absolutely need them all the time.
People in this country only care about one thing themselves. This country is doomed.

“The doctor is in”

Level 2

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#18 Jul 4, 2012
Tomblin wrote:
<quoted text>
People in this country only care about one thing themselves. This country is doomed.
Your one of those people!!Your no better than Fancy man!!!

“so sayeth the axeman!!”

Level 1

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#19 Jul 4, 2012
scaredpoopless wrote:
It is crazy just a suggestion why don't the people with generators turn them off of the night & help save gas!!! Except people that absolutely need them all the time.
Not being snippy but the FDA advises to keep meat and food stuffs good for human consumption 4 hours is a maximum to go without power to a refrigerator. So yes we could conserve gas by powering down for a couple hours. I understand some people need power for oxygen and such, but most can't stand to be without tv and a/c for that long.
Level 3

Since: Jan 12

Western Hemisphere

#20 Jul 4, 2012
We don't care. We keep 20 of the 5 gallon size tanks of gas in our garage. We started that awhile back because we were afraid there could be a gas shortage. Everyone else should do the same. I have to go now - to get my grill out of the garage and start my July 4 th barbecue. I tell you what, though - this heat has been unbearable - I think I'll just stay where it's a bit cooler and barbecue right in the garage, then we'll have the food indoors when Buffy and Charles get here. Happy 4th to everyone!!!!
scaredpoopless

Myrtle Beach, SC

#21 Jul 4, 2012
Can food, peanut butter,potatoes,apples,etc. We are down & out right now. Most of us done thrown out our keep cold stuff unless we have a cooler and are lucky enough to have ice. To the other reply you are exactly right. How many neighbors you got with a generator that's came over to offer you to cool down or keep some food cold?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
loria hall 22 min lmao at her 3
Brittney C and Jordan D (May '10) 59 min what?? 16
Block Party 1 hr citizen 6
Walmart 5 hr rachael ray 2
Food Lion (Apr '12) 22 hr The Reaper 6
Bad Bosses (Feb '14) Mon jumbo 14
cecalian darby Mon watcher 2
Summersville Dating
Find my Match

Summersville Jobs

Summersville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Summersville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Summersville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]