Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
127,081 - 127,100 of 200,360 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
Gay Pride

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

Silent Assassinat wrote:
<quoted text>First, proof of your lie, in 2008 Arizona and Florida passed constitutional laws banning perverse gay marriages in 2008.
It's already stated on the list, did you even read it? Only 7 seven states allow gay marriage and it does not include Arizona and Florida.

“Pay the toll”

Since: Jan 10

or meet the troll

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

Silent Assassinat wrote:
<quoted text>First, proof of your lie, in 2008 Arizona and Florida passed constitutional laws banning perverse gay marriages in 2008.
What the states do is immaterial at this point socdoc. It is a federal civil rights issue. Federal law always trumps state law. Otherwise we would still have segregation in Alabama and the like. It simply is not a state issue, it is a federal issue. Abortion is the same deal. In fact personal privacy will determine the outcome as it did Roe vs. Wade.

I love your spineless jellyfish, it suits you to a tee.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
And just wait for the gay boy that will sue the Church for not allowing his ceremony at the Church. The Church will be forced to have gay weddings.
why would a gay guy want to be married in a Christian church in the first place?

“Pay the toll”

or meet the troll

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

Silent Assassinat wrote:
<quoted text>Your BULLCRAP gay bias crap is what does not fly.
Here is the source:http://www.theroadtoemm aus.org/RdLb/22SxSo/PnSx/HSx/S tatsSdmy.htm
Not an anti-gay site, so cram yourself gay ride.
MEN:
- A 1997 study in British Columbia found the life expectancy of men who engage in sodomy to be comparable to that of the average Canadian man in 1871. Researchers estimate that nearly half of the 20 year old men currently engaging in sodomy will not reach their 65th birthday.1
- Ninety-five percent or more of the AIDS infections among gay men result from receptive anal intercourse.2
- The risk of anal cancer "soars" by nearly 4,000% for men who have sex with men. The rate doubles again for those who are HIV positive. A Michigan homosexual newspaper admits there is no such thing as "safe sex" to prevent this "soaring" cancer risk. Condoms offer only limited protection.3
- Homosexual men face a significantly higher risk of HIV/AIDS, hepatitis, anal cancer, gonorrhea and gastrointestinal infections as a result of their sexual practices.4
- Men who engage in sodomy are 860% more likely to contract a sexually transmitted disease (STD), increasing up to 500% their risk of contracting HIV/AIDS. Men who commit acts of sodomy with men have large numbers of anonymous partners, which can result in rapid, extensive transmission of STDs. Control of STDs is a central component of HIV infection prevention in the United States; resurgence of bacterial STDs threatens national HIV infection prevention efforts.5
- Anal Human Papillomavirus (HPV) infection is nearly universal among HIV-positive homosexual or bisexual men and about 60% in HIV-negative men exhibiting the same sexual behavior.6
Your science is crap. Everybody, the nutty socdoc made this nic to be banned, oblige him.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

Silent Assassinat wrote:
Here is the source:http://www.theroadtoemm aus.org/RdLb/22SxSo/PnSx/HSx/S tatsSdmy.htm
You seemed to overlook this from your source link:
Women who engage in receptive anal sex are at a higher risk for contracting anal cancer. In fact, in the U.S. general population, anal cancer is more prevalent among women than men between 1.5 and 2 times more common, perhaps because more women than men engage in receptive anal sex.10

Oh and if ya go to the front page of your website......this is what you will see:
W E L C O M E to ==>>
the Road to Emmaus==>>
a School of Common Sense Judeo-Christian Apologetics

so, yes....it is a biased website......lol!!!

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure there is a big conspiracy from the International Journal of Epidemiology. LOL..
But as the doctor already posted the site with the exact same information you spouted.....it didn't come from the Journal of Epidemiology.....sorry, but if I'm wrong....please provide the link!!!

Thanks

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

Wat the Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>
None of these anti-gay marriage bans should even be on the ballot in the first place. why on earth are people voting on people's civil rights?
Well, I agree with ya.......it's not like we have been able to vote on the right to marry for heterosexuals!!!
Green Fairy

Laguna Niguel, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

Silent Assassinat wrote:
<quoted text>No, I did not. That is the problem that you gays have, Kennedy knows the difference.
Not exactly he ruled on favor of gays many times so...

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think blacks are going to vote for Mitt Romney? Seriously?
IOf course not. But this is not about voting for President, it is about support for gay marriage. Obama supporting it does not equate to blacks supporting it. Not by a longshot. Obama will still get support from his black voters, but not for gay marriage.
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
"Many homosexual men are in prison because they raped little children." Really? Did you take a survey while you were in there?
"Many murders that have been linked to necrophilia?" That is just about the stupidest thing I've ever seen on Topix.
"many serial killers & rapists actually ARE homosexual." I'm beginning to see a pattern here.
"How else would you describe the high amount of homosexual & perverse behavior in many prisons" Gee.... other than the fact that they don't keep men and women in the same prison?
It is impossible to "recruit" someone to be a homosexual, you silly boy. How are you ignorant? Well geez.... I don't think you learned any that shit at a University. If you were educated you would know better than to make such ridiculous claims.
"Really? Did you take a survey while you were in there?"
-No, it's a known fact. Female prisons engage in lesbianism & male prisoners do it anally rape their own. Hell, even the Boondocks made an entire episode about homosexual behavior in prison.

"That is just about the stupidest thing I've ever seen on Topix."
-Of course it's stupid to you, you're too retarded to realize perverts are mentally ill. Kenneth Douglas was both a rapist & a serial killer, & he may very will be homosexual due to his twisted perverted mind. Of course, I don't expect your backward-ass Liberal mind to understand.

"I'm beginning to see a pattern here."
-Go watch a TV show that shows what goes on behind prison walls if you don't believe me. You'd be surprise how many gays & lesbos outnumber the straights.

"Gee.... other than the fact that they don't keep men and women in the same prison?"
-Case & point: prisoners engage in homosexual behavior because men & women are not allowed to interact with each other. Ashame it took you this long to figure it out.

"Well geez.... I don't think you learned any that shit at a University. If you were educated you would know better than to make such ridiculous claims."
-What ridiculous claims? That you don't know what you're talking about? How "ridiculous" of me./sarcasm

You seem like the kind of person who gets her news from MTV, lol dumbass
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
The risk of anal cancer "soars" by nearly 4,000% for men who have sex with men. The rate doubles again for those who are HIV positive. A Michigan homosexual newspaper admits there is no such thing as "safe sex" to prevent this "soaring" cancer risk. Condoms offer only limited protection.
- Homosexual men face a significantly higher risk of HIV/AIDS, hepatitis, anal cancer, gonorrhea and gastrointestinal infections as a result of their sexual practices.
- Men who engage in sodomy are 860% more likely to contract a sexually transmitted disease (STD), increasing up to 500% their risk of contracting HIV/AIDS. Men who commit acts of sodomy with men have large numbers of anonymous partners, which can result in rapid, extensive transmission of STDs. Control of STDs is a central component of HIV infection prevention in the United States; resurgence of bacterial STDs threatens national HIV infection prevention efforts.
BINGO!!!

This is precisely why I'm glad sodomites are not allowed to donate blood. Their AIDS/HIV, Herpes B, Syphilis, & Gonorrhea would contaminate our blood that is used to save life. But no thanks to the repelling of DADT, that may all change. Our military will be the first to suffer with the Gay Plague
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they cannot, the law does not recognize animals as having rights. in most jurisdictions they are classified as property.
Hmmm...kind of like children /sarcasm
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

Bill Of Rights wrote:
<quoted text>
Bisexual fool! Now tell us all the circumstances when you came to the realization that you were a heterosexual and "Chose" to go that route,I mean since it's a choice like you said,right? LOL,Even though the vast majority of mental health professionals say you are full of shit! But we'll listen to you because you know more than the experts,right? Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!
I'm sorry but I hate bi people. If you ask me what I hate, I'll say exactly that. They like boys and girls, and it's usually awkward for boys AND for girls- for everyone! It's so sketchy, like pick one: either you're gay or straight, DECIDE! otherwise this just freaks me out, GOD DAMN IT!

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

Rational Adult wrote:
Hi Doc,
Your post comes from a Religious site......with no numbers but lots of percentages, which truly mean nothing.

But you know that and enjoy posting bogus figures anyway!!!

“Pay the toll”

or meet the troll

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

Rational Adult wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry liar, but studies show that gays are promiscuous by nature. The rate of gay men being 80% of the new HIV cases in Canada and 71% in the U.S. is irrefutable.
Here is the link, gay ride: http://www.theroadtoemmaus.org/RdLb/22SxSo/Pn...
Sorry doc, your link is run by Emmaus Ministries, a gay hating fake religious christian site. Your stats are scientifically inept as always, as GodSmacked so eloquently busted you on. So you ran here. Idiot.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

Rational Adult wrote:
<quoted text>No wonder you lie about your child abuse, you lie about all.
This is where they got the information from:
1. International Journal of Epidemiology, Vol 26, 657-661, "Modelling the Impact of HIV Disease on Mortality in Gay and Bisexual Men."
It appears as an article written in 1997 and is used in many sites....mostly Religious or anti-gay sites.

Figures that you would back peddle......lol!!!

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

Rational Adult wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Black Rose T-H, your information comes from NAMBLA and a child abuse site.
This is where he got his information from and the source of it, gay fool:
1. International Journal of Epidemiology, Vol 26, 657-661, "Modelling the Impact of HIV Disease on Mortality in Gay and Bisexual Men."
Sorry doc......only idiots like yourself bring up NAMBLA.

And you already posted the link to where he got his information........now, your just back peddling because you got your butt handed to ya!!!
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>Soooo..... Infertile couples are not a true marriage... Check...
And consider this. There are are many studies that show that "gayness" is not passed on any more than "heterosexualness" (is that a word?)
What the studies do show is that for the overwhelming number of children in gay households are better attended to than heterosexual couples where many may be "accidental" births because every child has been planned for.
I frankly don't subscribe to the "fear" of homosexuality and you shouldn't either.
Get to know them. There's something to be said about knowing people personally rather than as a number or statistic on paper. I encourage you to have the intelligence and courage to find out for yourself before passing judgement.
Just saying.
Peace
"What the studies do show is that for the overwhelming number of children in gay households are better attended to than heterosexual couples where many may be "accidental" births because every child has been planned for. "
-Probably because gays can't reproduce. No reproducing = no babies = more $$$ to spend for themselves, like recuiting children for molesting. LOL

"I frankly don't subscribe to the "fear" of homosexuality and you shouldn't either."
-LOL I wasn't even aware I had a "fear" of homosexuals. As much as their buttsex & orgies disgust me, I loathe their excuses much more.

"Get to know them."
-I know a few...unfortunately

"There's something to be said about knowing people personally rather than as a number or statistic on paper."
-Yeah, it sure seems like AIDS & STDs no longer becomes a "personal" matter once an epidemic occurs. You can thank the Gay & Sexual Revolution for that!

"I encourage you to have the intelligence and courage to find out for yourself before passing judgement."
-Don't lecture me having intelligence & courage. I happen to be very blunt & if there is something I disagree with, goddammit I will disagree with it! I am entitled to that right & I don't have accept another person's behavior if I don't want to. Most people I know are afraid to say they disagree with homosexuality because they know you freaks will bully them & shun them as "homophobes." And I am one of the very few people who will openly admit he disagrees with homosexuality, pedophilia, & other disgusting/destructive lifestyles. So don't lecture on using courage & intelligence until you have leveled yourself with that criticism first!
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

Rational Adult wrote:
<quoted text>No, bisexuals are at least half normal. Gays are completed screwed and were abused to the max.
If you chart the sexual deviancy brain factor in both homosexuals and pedophiles, you will find no difference.
Seems kind of shady if you ask me. I mean, why can't they just pick a side? They are obviously confused. All the bisexuals I have met were very promiscuous. There are many LUGs (Lesbians-Until-Graduation) & they are all "bi-curious" only for the attention & I can't tell the real bisexuals (which are really closet homos) from the ones that are faking it. Bisexuals are just greedy. Plain & simple. They want to have the cake & eat it too. Bi girls are probably great for threesome, but they aren't wifey material. Personally I prefer straight women because I'm a straight guy. Plus many bisexuals are polygamists, meaning they are all perverts

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

_Reality Speaks_ wrote:
Obama supporting it does not equate to blacks supporting it. Not by a longshot.
But your wrong.

Poll: People of Color More Likely to Support Gay Marriage Than Whites

http://colorlines.com/archives/2012/05/people...

Notably among groups, 59 percent of African-Americans in this survey express support for gay marriage - up from 41 percent in combined ABC/Post polls this spring and last summer. Likewise, 65 percent support Obama's new position on the issue. The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People announced its support for gay marriage last weekend.

Fewer whites, 46 percent, approve of Obama's announcement, and 50 percent support gay marriage - numerically (albeit not statistically significantly) the fewest since 2010.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Studio-City Discussions

Search the Studio-City Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 2 hr Ban Central Station 4,895
Khloe Kardashian Puts Home for Sale (Jan '14) 3 hr a person 4
On the road alone in L.A. (Jun '07) Tue Human at Earth 131
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 28 snodder 2,252
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Jul 27 Twilight sun 7,848
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 27 Facts facts 15,927
Review: American West Appliance Repair (Oct '11) Jun '14 Sue 10
•••
•••

Studio-City News Video

•••
Studio-City Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Studio-City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000