Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

"...Moreover, she faces a $1,000 fee if she wants to continue performing her good deeds, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer..."

Fox News has been following this story and last Thursday Eric Bolling stated on "The Five" he would send her the $1,000. On Friday he showed the check he was going to send as soon as the show was over.

Those horrible right wingers at FOX were there to help, as the Left wing media sat on their hands. The Left talks a good game but that's all they do.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

When people like you can stop with this right/left mentality, this country will be in a much better place. This story proves nothing about either party. You watch way too much Fox news my friend.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

If you look under the superficial surface, you will see that there ARE other issues to be addressed here from a municipal, health and safety standpoint. But that would require getting your mindset out of the right vs left approach to everything.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

slush wrote:
If you look under the superficial surface, you will see that there ARE other issues to be addressed here from a municipal, health and safety standpoint. But that would require getting your mindset out of the right vs left approach to everything.
You just made our point here. Too many regulations are curbing altruism in favor of government handouts.
lotta

Tunkhannock, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

FWIW, I think slush makes a good point. Instead of using an article from the left coast as a source, take a look at what's being reported more locally in Delaware County...

http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2012/08/19...

" Goodman lives next door to Prattis. He’s a stay-at-home dad, who takes care of four children while his wife works.

“It’s great to get to come outside and mingle with the people,” he said Friday while holding his sleeping 8-month-old daughter, Alia.

“The kids get to eat for free … and it gives me a break from having to prepare meals in the middle of the day. It’s a big help, a great help for people like me.”

***Prattis has no doubt the children she feeds would get fed by their parents if she didn’t’ do it. But since the folks at the Archdiocese are nice enough to pack up lunches and bring them out to her home, she thinks it would be foolish not to gratefully take advantage of their generosity. There is no shortage of volunteers to help her set up the tables and chairs for the daily get together" ****

- sounds to me like these kids wouldn't go hungry if the program were to end but is more of a convenience for "busy" stay at home dads. So much for feeding the needy.

http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2012/08/17...

"They (township officials) also report that they’ve offered Prattis several alternative locations from which to distribute the meals, such as local schools, which she has declined."

Other sources I've seen report she's feeding 60 kids a day, kids Ms. Prattis herself admits would be fed by their parents anyway. Sixty kids a day plus volunteers and parents seems like an awful lot of traffic that no residential community should be forced to deal with. If they are truly hungry then an alternative site not in a residential setting should be acceptable to all. Why is the archdiocese that runs this program not offering it's churches?

Additionally, imho local communities should be able to enact laws in the best interests of all it's citizens. After all, isn't government by local rule exactly what anti federalist Republicans believe in? Whatever the case, there's a lot more here than meets the eye as reported by the La Times.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Stroudsburg Discussions

Search the Stroudsburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 49 min Alan keys 3,550
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 1 hr Senator Casey 51,387
URS closing could be 'devastating' for LCTA rev... 1 hr too bad 1
Karaoke venues Apr 19 Larry 2
HUD wants county to put $10M in loan fund Apr 19 spot on 1
Gas jobs now hiring. Apr 18 Bill 1
Officials: URS will close its doors in June Apr 17 Hannibal Lecter 4
•••

Fire Warning for Monroe County was issued at April 23 at 3:22PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Stroudsburg Jobs