48 Hour Mysteries the story of Mike Golub

Posted in the Stratton Forum

Mikes big sis

Hattiesburg, MS

#1 Nov 28, 2009
48 hours mysteries will be showing the story of Mike Golub, of Johnson City,Ks. December 5 at 9 pm. Please watch.
a parent

Hugoton, KS

#2 Dec 16, 2009
I watched the show. It proves that Shannon and Chad are guilty.
Diddlysquat

Ulysses, KS

#3 Jan 11, 2010
a parent wrote:
I watched the show. It proves that Shannon and Chad are guilty.
Bill Of Rights
A right to be assumed innocent until proven guilty
A right against unreasonable searches of person and place of residence
A right against arrest without probable cause
A right against unreasonable seizure of personal property
A right against self-incrimination
A right to fair questioning by the police
A right to protection from physical harm throughout the justice process
A right to an attorney
A right to trial by jury
A right to know the charges
A right to cross-examine prosecution witnesses
A right to speak and present witnesses
A right not to be tried twice for the same crime
A right against cruel or unusual punishment
A right to due process
A right to a speedy trial
A right against excessive bail
A right against excessive fines
A right to be treated the same as others, regardless of race, sex, religious preference, and other
personal attributes

"Crime does more than expose
the weakness in social
relationships; it undermines the
social order itself, by destroying
the assumptions on which it is
based."
James Q. Wilson, UCLA
Everyone knows everyone, and is in their business.
Small town attitude. Be careful for what you wish for. This type of mentality has cause a great number of farm kids RUNNING for the city. Then people wonder how a sweet small town vanishes. How 1 family gains so much land and keeps it in the family. How is it a prosperous family, who has the right to defend themselves can be stomped on so hard? They made things well for themselves, jealously causes more problems for everyone involved.
This is my opinion.
jericho from wichita ks

United States

#4 May 23, 2011
I WATCHED THE SHOW I AM 100 %SURE THE COUPLE IS GUILTY THE EVIDENCE IS THERE AND IF THE POLICE LOOKED IN THE WELLS AROUND THE COUPLES HOUSE THEY WOULD PROBABLY HAVE A BODY I CANT BELIEVE THE JURORS COULDNT SEE THAT THEY ARE GUILTY ITS I THINK BECAUSE THEY ALL WORK FOR CHADS FAMILY THEY BELONG IN PRISON FOR WHAT THEY DID AND I HOPE IT DONT TAKE TO LONG THEM STUPID COPS NEED TO CHECK THE WELLS FOR SURE CHAD SAID" HE WOULD THROW MIKE IN A WELL AND WOULDNT GET CAUGHT" DONT LET HIM GET AWAY WITH MURDER JUST BECAUSE OF HIS FAMILIES INFLUENSE....
jericho from wichita ks

United States

#5 May 23, 2011
Mikes big sis wrote:
48 hours mysteries will be showing the story of Mike Golub, of Johnson City,Ks. December 5 at 9 pm. Please watch.
Hi its jericho from wichita ks i just would like to know why the police havent found your brother chad made a comment that he would throw him in a well why havent they searched the wells in the area you should try and get that done sorry for your loss i hope one day soon they pay for their crimes they being shannon and chad......
Melinda from NC

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Nov 26, 2011
I agree. The evidence was there to convict Shannon and Chad for murder. There is technology that they could send down the wells but that doesn't mean his remains would be found but I think they should give it a try. I am a true believer that what goes around comes around. I just hope it's not at the expense of Shannon and chads child.
anonymous

United States

#7 Dec 9, 2011
You know they both live separately in burlington Colorado now?? I personally think she made him do it. He doesn't seem like the kind of person to me to do it. I think she goes by her maiden name of Shannon alters now. Guys of the community beware...
anonymous

United States

#8 Dec 9, 2011
Correction, Shannon albers.
west nebr

Harrisonville, MO

#9 Feb 11, 2012
The fact that Chad and Shannon walked makes me Sick...plz keep looking for him.
jeff

Redondo Beach, CA

#10 Mar 21, 2012
Melinda from NC wrote:
I agree. The evidence was there to convict Shannon and Chad for murder. There is technology that they could send down the wells but that doesn't mean his remains would be found but I think they should give it a try. I am a true believer that what goes around comes around. I just hope it's not at the expense of Shannon and chads child.
what expense would that be??? the kids didn't murder anyone so why would anything be at THEIR expense? I hope you're not suggesting that they should be free whether or not they killed this guy just because they have children...i KNOW you couldn't be that ignorant to think people should be exempt from murder charges because they have kids.
jeff

Redondo Beach, CA

#11 Mar 21, 2012
These are abhorrent excuses for juries. This country's people are so unbelievably ignorant, inept, wimpy, hypocritical, sexist, and severely lacking in common sense. I mean you really don't need an iq much higher than your shoe size to understand these two are guilty. This is the type of stuff that makes me hideously embarrassed to live here. It's certainly no wonder why we've never been visited by "intelligent" life from other planets. I, too, would make the fastest u-turn with my spaceship that you've ever seen.
anonymous

United States

#12 Mar 21, 2012
I am assuming that the fact that 'at the expense of the child ' would mean that the child they share together (on top of Mikey, the child they had no regards to upon murdering his father) would be subjected to losing all life experiences and having a true home life with his parents when the day comes that they (Shannon and chad) are finally brought to justice and incarcerated (as they should have been all along). Who murders the parent of a child?? They do, as sick and twisted individuals as they are with no conscious to do so. I watch 48 hours nightly/daily, record them, along with other said shows.. I have never been as moved as I was watching the episode of theirs, which has finally determined my future as a paralegal to start, then move on accordingly.
anonymous

United States

#13 Mar 22, 2012
I don't care what it takes, I will 'erin brokovich' their ass one day, because that is how compassionately I feel about this case and the obvious circumstances there of. There is no 'justice in the heartland' right now, but mark my words, one day there will be... and it doesn't matter if Shannon albers moves back to Montana, Kansas, Mexico, or timbukto, that woman will be prosecuted.. she is the sick mastermind behind allbof this.. RIP deb golub, your story was amazing and I cannot wait to deliver 'justice'..
Anonymous

Colorado Springs, CO

#14 Mar 22, 2012
Shannon now goes by her maiden name, and lives in Burlington, co. She does not allow mike golub's son mikey to see his grandparents who are back in Kansas. mikey was 5 when Shannon and Chad killed Mike. She and Chad are now divorced. She is dating my friend's cousin. His family knows about how Shannon was accused of kiling Mike. She is manipulative and a mean person. I feel the police should look in all wells close to the old Floyd house and also where Mike's truck was found. There needs to be justice for Mike and his family.
anonymous

Renton, WA

#15 Mar 22, 2012
Wow, I feel awful for your friends cousin. Why would you want to date someone that was accused (totally guilty) of killing their ex?? Do her and chad still talk? I had no idea they divorced. Is he in burlington too? I wish the state would give him immunity to testify against her and what happened that day so the family will finally get some peace. I mean, she's not a floyd anymore, so she doesn't have the name and money to help her now. I do not know her, but she seems like a black widow to me!!
Lillian

Lund, Sweden

#16 Mar 28, 2012
Mikes big sis wrote:
The showed the episod yesterday here in Sweden and I feel sorry for the family - but time will tell, and especially when they said in the end that the couple have moved and they are perhaps not together anymore. That can help if they go out dating and drinking and talk to much, hopefully someone will turn them in. The rich guy that is driving a lorry today has probably realised that he was a marionett - and that can also give an effect some day.

I hope they find your brother - and I hope it will be good for your family so the little guy can see his grandmother again.

Regards from Lillian
Lillian

Lund, Sweden

#17 Mar 28, 2012
reply Diddlysquat:

They found the dna - and not even the owners dna were there - and usually Mike use to pick up and leave his son on neutral places so that dna should not have been there.

It is sad that they did not asked the little boy carefully about what happened that day and the 10 phonecalls in 20 minutes that time and day Mike disappeard.

The only solution is to take a FBI-agent undercover and date Shannon so she talks without thinking about it. She does not seem to be to smart.
Larry from Ohio

Mansfield, OH

#18 May 14, 2013
I watched the 48 hour show and it is clear to me that Mike Golub is no longer on this earth. His ex-wife Shannon and husband Chad clearly killed him. I'm sorry but when chad is openly talking to people about mike being murdered and being thrown in a well and then Mike just so happens never to be seen again that is pretty telling. He had a glock gun that just so happened to disappear and then his lawyers tell him not to answer any questions about it;s dissappearance is highly suspicious. Chad and Shannon had motive and means to kill Mike Golub and the money to get them off. Not only did Shannon kill Mike but she prevented his mother from ever seeing her grandson again. She is one cold and vicious woman. By the way Chad and Shannon's high price attorneys acted like a couple of real dicks. I wouldn't feel safe if I were Chad and Shannon because the police know they did it and if they ever find anymore evidence those two will be spending the rest of there worthless lives in prison. Then, maybe Mike's mom will beable to see her grandkid again!
Larry from Ohio

Mansfield, OH

#19 May 15, 2013
By the way I can't believe that after Shannon killed Mike she would denye his parents from seeing there grandson. I cannot believe she would get away with it. Not only do his parents lose their son but also their grandson. It's like she killed him twice. Only the people in that little redneck town would allow their to be a hung jury. The evidence was their to convict that vicious bitch and her idiot husband!
Dawn from Florida

Sarasota, FL

#20 Mar 1, 2014
What comes around, goes around, and Karma's a BEEyatch.

One day, that little boy, Mikey, is going to grow up. He's going to see stories. He's going to ask questions.

He's going to know that his mother is a murderess.

And she will face a Hell she never expected to see.

I await the day. And so does her son's murdered father.

The day is coming, Shannon, you evil POS. It's coming.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stratton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wondering Sep '14 joe 4
Little bird rides on back of hawk (Jan '10) Jul '14 Ray ONeal 4
PUB142 Palm Harbor village Way. Off old Kings Road Jun '14 Anonymous 2
Superintendents respond to new web site about s... (Dec '11) Dec '11 cgit 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Colorado (... (Oct '10) Nov '10 just another guy 56
Time to say thank you and farewell - Burlington... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Gary Long 1
**Update On Missing Child** (Jun '09) Jun '09 RealityCheck1 1
Stratton Dating
Find my Match

Stratton Jobs

Stratton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Stratton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Stratton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]