Man Fatally Shot in Stone Mountain

Full story: WXIA Atlanta

Police in DeKalb County are looking for a 17-year-old boy after a man was shot and killed in Stone Mountain Sunday.
Comments
1 - 20 of 34 Comments Last updated Mar 26, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
nan

Macon, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2007

the faces all look the same, deadly
Ricky

Evergreen Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2007

I live in Chicago but the step-father that died was my uncle and I'm pissed off right now. I just lost my uncle over a dumb 17 year old tryna be a gangster. I hope he pay in prison for this. My uncle didn't deserve none of this.
grateful

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2007

It is a crying shame. This guy pulled the trigger without one thought that this man had feelings and was a human being and living, breathing person. He was somebodies husband,father, friend, uncle, cousin etc. No regard for the people that loved him. This kid should get the same respect he gave his step father. Doesn't matter if he is black, white, latin or whatever. HE KILLED SOME ONE.
Jane

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2007

Do we know if it was in self-defense? Was the step father abusing the kid? Was the kid on drugs? Was there an arguement that precipitated the event?

I think we need a bit more information.
Frank

Snellville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2007

Jane wrote:
Do we know if it was in self-defense? Was the step father abusing the kid? Was the kid on drugs? Was there an arguement that precipitated the event?
Jane I have to agree with you on this one. Something obviously set this kid off to do something this violent. Lets get some more information before we judge.
beau

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2007

Same crime, same young thug faces, same mug shots with head turned to the side like rappers. Young thugs getting more time in prison than their age.
beau

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2007

Same crime, same young people , same mug shots with head turned to the side like rappers. Young people getting more time in prison than their age.
EUSU85

Cornelia, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2007

Jane wrote:
I agree to a point but not just this case but several others,where do kids get the idea a gun and death will solve anything..I believe video games and maybe something else, I don't know what, has taken the sting out of death..Way to many teen suicides and prison terms..
AuggieDoo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2007

Why don't kids like this ever smile in pictures?
Ricky

Evergreen Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2007

Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Jane I have to agree with you on this one. Something obviously set this kid off to do something this violent. Lets get some more information before we judge.
My uncle did nothing to the boy. The boy was hanging with the wrong crowd and doing drugs. My uncle did nothing but try to help him but he always got into it with my uncle. My uncle is not an abusive person.
Ricky

Evergreen Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2007

My uncle did nuthin wrong. He never abused him or nuthin. His wife kids were all doin somethin bad. They was doin drugs and in gangs and stuff. My uncle tried to tell him to leave that stuff alone. he ended up killin my uncle over dumb stuff. There's better ways in solving stuff but killin my uncle isn't one of em. I hope he gets a lot of time in jail.
Nelson

Lithonia, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2007

Jane wrote:
Do we know if it was in self-defense? Was the step father abusing the kid? Was the kid on drugs? Was there an argument that precipitated the event?
According to article, man was laying down when shot....doesn't look like self defense to me.

Drugs? I did drugs for over 10 yrs. and never killed anyone.

And even if there was an argument, that didn't give this asshat the right to kill the man.

String him up!

Since: Jul 07

Kennesaw, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2007

Unfortunately, crimes like this will keep occurring because young people today are not taught to resolve issues with words, but with weapons.
Tiffany

Greenwood, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2007

I STAY IN CHICAGO. MY AUNTIE AND MY COUSINS WERE NOT ON DRUGS....IF ANYTHING YO UNCLE WAS ON DRUGS. MY AUNTIE WORKED TWO JOBS TO SUPPORT MY COUSINS AND HIS LAZY A**. HE WOULD SAY ALL TYPES OF CRAZY SHIT TO THEM. HE PUT JAMAL OUT TWO TIMES....JUST BECAUSE HE DIDNT LIKE HIM. I AND GUESS JAMAL JUST GOT TIRED OF THE BULLSHIT. HE WOULD TELL THEM THEY AINT GONE BE SHIT AND THEY GONE END UP DEAD....WHY WOULD YOU TREAT A KID LIKE THAT? I MEAN JAMAL IS A GOOD KID....WE WOULD HAVE NEVER THOUGHT IN A MILLION YEARS JAMAL WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS...I MEAN YOU CAN ONLY TAKE SO MUCH UNTIL YOU SNAP. AND JAMAL JUST COULDN'T TAKE THE ABUSE ANY MORE.... AND TO RICKY..YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE FUCK WAS GOING ON IN ATLANTA....YOU JUST GOING OFF SOME HE SAY SHE SAY BULLSHIT.
Greg

Greenwood, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2007

This is my lil cousin and aunt and i can say my lil cousin been a good kid all his life very quiet and stayed to his self.We know that this man was abrusive to my aunt and my lil cuzin he ran my aunt two older son's away cause he didnt like them he is the reason why my lil cuzin jay got killed cause he put him out the house and he came to chicago and got killed!!I blame clark And on top of that At his funeral He said My lil cousin fucked his birthday up because he had to come to the funeral thats some f***ed up S**T to say to the family of someone who died.He use to tell the kids they going to end up just like there brother dead!! And for ricky! G You better stop saying S**T Crazy, thats not true about my peeps!!!!
DCC

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2007

I dont think "Ricky" is real. Just someone who came to start something. You are in Chicago... how old are you? And its odd that you find time to call out people on 11Alive message boards instead of being with your family over the lose of your "uncle". But that's my opinion. Bye Ricky.
Frank

Snellville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2007

DCC wrote:
I dont think "Ricky" is real. Just someone who came to start something. You are in Chicago... how old are you? And its odd that you find time to call out people on 11Alive message boards instead of being with your family over the lose of your "uncle". But that's my opinion. Bye Ricky.
"Ricky" nowhere in my post did I accuse your "Uncle" of anything, in fact I didn't accuse anyone. I stated that we should wait and see what happens in the investigation. To Tiffany and Greg, my condolences to the family, hopefully evrything will work itself out.
FRiEND OF JAMAL

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2007

TO THE PPL THAT ARE POSTING THINGS ABOUT SOMETHING THEY DO NOT KNOW ABOUT, YOU DO NOT KNOW THE THINGS JAMAL GOES THROUGH IN HIS OWN HOUSEHOLD. JAMAL IS A VERY GOOD KID AND DOESNT JUST GOES AROUND SHOOTING PPL THERE HAD TO BE A MOTIVE. NOW IM NOT SAYING HE WAS RIGHT IN THE DECISION HE MADE BUT ITS ONLY SO MUCH ONE PERSON CAN TAKE AND FOR PPL THAT DONT KNOW HIM GOING AROUND JUDGING HIM MAKES IT NO BETTER. ANIMOSITY TAKES UGLY TURNS AS YOU CAN SEE WE ALL KNOW THAT. JAMAL WE ALL &#9829; YOU AND YOU WILL BE OKAY.
NAJJAH

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

JAMAL WAS ONE OF THE MOST SWEETEST PEOPLE I HAVE EVER MET. I WOULD HAVE NEVER PICTURED HIM DOING SOMETHING LIKE THIS! I AM NOT TAKIN SIDES BUT I WILL SAY THAT A PERSON CAN ONLY TAKE SO MUCH. YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT SOMEONE IS GOING THROUGH IF YOU ARENT IN THAT HOUSEHOLD. IT WAS A DEEPER REASON THAN JAMAL JUST NOT LIKING HIS STEPFATHER! AND UNTIL YOU TAKE A WALK THROUGH HIS SHOES YOU WONT KNOW!
NAJJAH

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

beau wrote:
Same crime, same young thug faces, same mug shots with head turned to the side like rappers. Young thugs getting more time in prison than their age.
first of all jamal wasnt even tryin to be a THUG! what is your definition of a thug!? so what do you mean by same thug faces? BLACK YOUNG MALE! WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU ARE BETTER THAN ANYONE! WHAT IF THIS WAS SOMEONE IN YOUR FAMILY OR A CLOSE FRIEND! BEFORE YOU TRY TO POINT YOUR FINGER AT SOMEONE ELSE REALIZE THAT ARROGANCE AND IGNORANCE GO HAND AN HAND!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Stone Mountain Discussions

Search the Stone Mountain Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 3 hr silverfox 50,398
Last crew member of Enola Gay dies in Georgia 7 hr SHlTWORMKOREAHDICAPKMUVAN 15
Review: Precise Tours - Precisetours.com Jul 18 Eduardo 4
Lonlee.Bayb is a fake!!! Jul 17 Lonlee is a fake 2
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 16 what 2,045
ConFunkshun drummer Louis McCall (Jan '07) Jun '14 Kay Perry 27
Laser show music too loud Jun '14 Turn it down 1
•••
•••

Stone Mountain News Video

•••
•••

Stone Mountain Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••