Logan bands and clubs in the 70s

Posted in the Stollings Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
rocks off

Eskdale, WV

#1 Aug 6, 2009
what was the name of some of the bar bands in the 70s and who was in them? I remember the Logan Brothers but don't know who were in it. Mello have a band that played at brotherhood all the time. Denver Macloud was in some bands. anybody remember the 70s bands? who was the bands and what were the clubs they played in?

Since: May 09

United States

#2 Aug 6, 2009
Dale and the Midnight Raiders played mostly at Green Lantern. Denver Conley was the best guitar player around.
FormerMonterrama n

Florence, SC

#3 Aug 6, 2009
don't forget the booger boys
J girl

Prestonsburg, KY

#4 Aug 6, 2009
My uncle recently passed in April. his name was George Riley Gillman from Holden. He was a great singer in a few bands. If anyone remembers him or played with him at sometime write something back....
DRB Drummer

Paintsville, KY

#5 Aug 6, 2009
I played in several bands in the 70's. The original Daddy Rabbit Band, Underground Railroad, BLT, Campbell Brothers, Public Enemy#1, just to name a few. There was also Yesterdays Child, Transformed Dream, And Del's Band, The Midnight Raiders. I had the priviledge of playing with GR Gillman in Public Enemy #1. Great Singer and person. He IS missed.
I would love to put together a list of all the bands and players from the 60's and 70's.
If anyone has anymore information and knows who played in some of these bands, please let me know at drbdrummer@suddenlink.net
Old Groupie

Eskdale, WV

#6 Aug 7, 2009
Carmello Panzera and Denver McCloud played in bands at the Brotherhood.
There was a club at Omar that had bands but I don't remember what it was called.
Del Curry had the Midnight Raiders.
Tommy Tony and his sister and one of the Nolettis (is he the mayor of logan) played at the Golden Rail club at Mount Gay. I don't remember the name of the band.
The Wonder Club in Cora had Reggie Ned's band there a lot. French maynard and Dale Lusha were in it but I dont' recall the name.
Rick abraham and Tinker Ball were in a band called Robins Hoods in the late 1960s that played over the old bus station some.
Wally somebody from West Logan had a band that played a lot in Huntington.
Emmet Lambert played drums with somebody.
Butch Kazee had a lot of different clubs.
The King Coal club used to have bands.
There was a club in town beside the funderal home that had bands play there.
Wonderdays

Belfry, KY

#7 Aug 7, 2009
Old Groupie wrote:
Carmello Panzera and Denver McCloud played in bands at the Brotherhood.
There was a club at Omar that had bands but I don't remember what it was called.
Del Curry had the Midnight Raiders.
Tommy Tony and his sister and one of the Nolettis (is he the mayor of logan) played at the Golden Rail club at Mount Gay. I don't remember the name of the band.
The Wonder Club in Cora had Reggie Ned's band there a lot. French maynard and Dale Lusha were in it but I dont' recall the name.
Rick abraham and Tinker Ball were in a band called Robins Hoods in the late 1960s that played over the old bus station some.
Wally somebody from West Logan had a band that played a lot in Huntington.
Emmet Lambert played drums with somebody.
Butch Kazee had a lot of different clubs.
The King Coal club used to have bands.
There was a club in town beside the funderal home that had bands play there.
Danny Dress Drummer with Denver McCloud..

Since: Aug 08

Peach Creek, WV

#8 Aug 7, 2009
G.R. played at Connies Supper club. He was a good person and much fun to be around, not to mention a great singer.
missmydad

United States

#9 Aug 7, 2009
DRB Drummer wrote:
I played in several bands in the 70's. The original Daddy Rabbit Band, Underground Railroad, BLT, Campbell Brothers, Public Enemy#1, just to name a few. There was also Yesterdays Child, Transformed Dream, And Del's Band, The Midnight Raiders. I had the priviledge of playing with GR Gillman in Public Enemy #1. Great Singer and person. He IS missed.
I would love to put together a list of all the bands and players from the 60's and 70's.
If anyone has anymore information and knows who played in some of these bands, please let me know at drbdrummer@suddenlink.net
my dad played in yesterdays child, but he passed away in 2005.
letha

Inez, KY

#10 Aug 7, 2009
Wellll Letsss Seeee wrote:
Dale and the Midnight Raiders played mostly at Green Lantern. Denver Conley was the best guitar player around.
yes Denver was a good person also I owned the green lantern when they played there.

Rainbo Vance and his cousins played country music there also.

a Johnson guy played ther as a one man band.
letha

Inez, KY

#11 Aug 7, 2009
Lonnie Adkins had a great country band they played at the Cork and Bottle
Old Groupie

Eskdale, WV

#12 Aug 7, 2009
whre was the Green Lantern was it in town?
letha

Inez, KY

#13 Aug 7, 2009
Old Groupie wrote:
whre was the Green Lantern was it in town?
Behind Anderson Wholesale in Deskins Add.
Old Groupie

Eskdale, WV

#14 Aug 7, 2009
o yeh now I remember where it was at but I don't think I was ever in there for some reason.
J girl

Prestonsburg, KY

#15 Aug 7, 2009
auntiep wrote:
G.R. played at Connies Supper club. He was a good person and much fun to be around, not to mention a great singer.
Thank you for saying such nice things about G.R. We miss him so much. And his greatest pride was those days when he was on stage singing...
Sons OfI Italy

United States

#16 Aug 7, 2009
A lot of bands play at the old Holden Rec Building, the Rooster Tail which was in the basement of the old Sears Building here in Logan, at the old Dehue Grade School, and do you remember the old Sons of Italy on Pine Street, now that was a fun place, there was a dance at one of these places every week, of course that was before the drugs came along!
airhead

Poca, WV

#17 Aug 7, 2009
Yesterdays Child was Randy Szucs, Jack Kitchen.Scott Kitchen,Paul Fenwick
Bud

United States

#18 Aug 7, 2009
I remember the Sons of Italy Hall. A dance followed by a fight every Saturday night. Great times. I Also remember Rooser Tail.

Hillary Brooks from Man sang with Toney's band at the Golden Rail. He was shot there and never really recovered.

There were lots of places and bands then. Logan was really alive. The only drugs then was pot and Budweiser, and everything was peace, love, and understanding.
airhead

Poca, WV

#19 Aug 7, 2009
missmydad wrote:
<quoted text>
my dad played in yesterdays child, but he passed away in 2005.
Your daddy is miss by all. R.I.P.
Old Hippie

Inez, KY

#20 Aug 7, 2009
"Rainy night in Georgia."..........G.R. GILLMAN.....at his best.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stollings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who is the hot carerre dj everyone is talking a... (Mar '12) 5 hr Djd 4
Aaron Mitchem 8 hr rider on aarons bus 7
Bob Stidham 9 hr Loganite 1
Don Blankenship 9 hr Loganite 19
Kayla Slone 9 hr JLW 11
Why does Dave Justice pick on kids? 10 hr Dave 7
Benett Hatfield seeing Angie Hairston behind Ap... 11 hr make Logan better... 29
Stollings Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Stollings People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Stollings News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Stollings

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:13 pm PST

NFL 5:13PM