Dr. Ferris, at Stilwell hospital, is on probation for 5 years.

Posted in the Stilwell Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
nonetosoon

Sallisaw, OK

#1 Aug 28, 2010
Dr. Ferris, at Stilwell hospital, is on probation for 5 years.
hmmm

United States

#2 Aug 28, 2010
Well tell more.
hmmmm

Sperry, OK

#3 Aug 28, 2010
This could be good someone need's to find out!!!
drugs

Sallisaw, OK

#4 Aug 28, 2010
He is a drug addict...one of a few that Your Stilwell Hospital CEO has hired....Nice job!!!! You Stilwell folk should BEWARE when visiting your Home Town Hospital!!!

Since: May 10

Stilwell, OK

#5 Aug 29, 2010
i do knw that he hates everyone from Adair county thinks we are all inbred and way beneath him and his intelligence
ASK

United States

#6 Aug 29, 2010
Is this Dr. Ferris on Mr.Obama panel that determins when the plug is pulled on grandma?

Since: Jun 10

ADAIR COUNTY

#7 Aug 30, 2010
hmmm wrote:
Well tell more.
Went to Oklahoma State Medical Board and the only info I can find is he's on probation from another state. Unable to find which state or the offense committed. If it was drug and he received probation, the medical board usually requires another physician to sine off for any narcotic and other controlled medications. Maybe someone else will be able to find what offense, before any of us or our family members have to go to the ER. Surely someone ought their in topix land can find out a little more.
My 2 Cents

Coweta, OK

#8 Aug 30, 2010
I found that Dr Ferris was practicing in Wisconson.Was sited for non complicance with a Board Order.
He is suspended to practice medicine in Wisconson.
It also stated when this happens, the Dr. usually will move to another state. If I understood it correctly, he is not to despense meds at Stilwell hospital.
I guess we are the lucky state.
keep digging

Sperry, OK

#9 Aug 30, 2010
My 2 Cents wrote:
I found that Dr Ferris was practicing in Wisconson.Was sited for non complicance with a Board Order.
He is suspended to practice medicine in Wisconson.
It also stated when this happens, the Dr. usually will move to another state. If I understood it correctly, he is not to despense meds at Stilwell hospital.
I guess we are the lucky state.
This may be all true and good, but he has had something going on with prescription drugs himself..may have gone to rehab or something like that, not sure but non the less he is a real loser. What about Dr. O'Neal, he got kicked outta some state also. He has been in a few legal battles..The Dr's here are well decorated huh.
lee

Stilwell, OK

#10 Aug 30, 2010
the information i got from a friend of his wifes is that he moved here from new york state....the only experience i have had with the good dr is when i went to the emergency room with a back injury....after he practically put me into the position of a human pretzel and the nurses and staff heard me yell in pain..they busted into the room and demanded to know why he was torturing his patient..we should send him to guantanimo to treat the prisoners...

Since: Jun 10

ADAIR COUNTY

#11 Aug 30, 2010
lee wrote:
the information i got from a friend of his wifes is that he moved here from new york state....the only experience i have had with the good dr is when i went to the emergency room with a back injury....after he practically put me into the position of a human pretzel and the nurses and staff heard me yell in pain..they busted into the room and demanded to know why he was torturing his patient..we should send him to guantanimo to treat the prisoners...
Makes you wonder why he was hired for ER duties! It's an all too often tradition when a doc gets their license (suspended, sometimes even revoked)pulled in one state, they simply move on to another state. However, their prescription writing depends on what the licensure board say, sometimes it's that they can't write for narcotics or other controlled drugs, other times they aren't allowed to write anything (all scripts have to be wrote by another doc), and then there is those cases where they aren't even allowed to evaluate or treat without another doc standing over them. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose on an EMERGENCY room?
contagious town

United States

#12 Aug 31, 2010
Dr. Ferris isn't the first and probably won't be the last Dr. they hire with a shady past. Dr. Merenda who was the pediatrician a few years back was also on probation for possession and addiction to cocaine. She had to call in once a week to see if her # came up for drug testing. They caught her later on holding urine samples from children to use to pass these drug tests with. She was released from her duties but they never turned her into the medical board or authorites. Last I heard she was working in Wagoner.

Since: Jun 10

ADAIR COUNTY

#13 Aug 31, 2010
contagious town wrote:
Dr. Ferris isn't the first and probably won't be the last Dr. they hire with a shady past. Dr. Merenda who was the pediatrician a few years back was also on probation for possession and addiction to cocaine. She had to call in once a week to see if her # came up for drug testing. They caught her later on holding urine samples from children to use to pass these drug tests with. She was released from her duties but they never turned her into the medical board or authorites. Last I heard she was working in Wagoner.
If they had turned her in and people found out, they could always claim they didn't receive proper care and lo and behold they find themselves liable for everything, regardless of what really happened. Too bad they worry more about themselves and the hospital than the patients they could potentialy harm or kill because they were high. I've even seen docs have their license pulled for incompetence. Sad part some are also placed on probation and have to have another doc sign off on everything. Once again, it kind of defeats the purpose of an emergency room, especially in rural areas like us. You know full well a small hospital wouldn't pay for a second doc just to sign off, you might as well have that doc work. Easy to fix though, keep the files and have them offically signed off after the fact. Not that I'm saying this hospital, or any for that matter, has done that. But it sure makes you wonder. there's a female doc in Tahlequah who was placed on probation and has to have someone present at all times because of sexual misconduct with a patient.
onewhitelady

Purcell, OK

#14 Aug 31, 2010
contagious town wrote:
Dr. Ferris isn't the first and probably won't be the last Dr. they hire with a shady past. Dr. Merenda who was the pediatrician a few years back was also on probation for possession and addiction to cocaine. She had to call in once a week to see if her # came up for drug testing. They caught her later on holding urine samples from children to use to pass these drug tests with. She was released from her duties but they never turned her into the medical board or authorites. Last I heard she was working in Wagoner.
Hi I don't bivhat about Dr. Merenda she was always a great doctor to my kids her daughter and my daughter was in the same class together so I can't see were she was on probation because if she was on drugs they would take her licence right then and there they would not wait for nothing to have them took they would been gone and she wouldn't be allowed to be a doctor if she was caught using drugs it's what people has set up in there damn heads people just don't know how to keep there mouth shut about anyone they need to get all drugs out of Adair County and the beer and make this a dry County.

Since: Jun 10

ADAIR COUNTY

#15 Aug 31, 2010
onewhitelady wrote:
<quoted text> Hi I don't bivhat about Dr. Merenda she was always a great doctor to my kids her daughter and my daughter was in the same class together so I can't see were she was on probation because if she was on drugs they would take her licence right then and there they would not wait for nothing to have them took they would been gone and she wouldn't be allowed to be a doctor if she was caught using drugs it's what people has set up in there damn heads people just don't know how to keep there mouth shut about anyone they need to get all drugs out of Adair County and the beer and make this a dry County.
You would be surprised at what the docs get away with. Several have had their problems with drug, incompetence that even resulted in death, and of course sexual misconduct, yet only receive probation and/or a suspensions for a brief period. And if docs have license pulled, sometimes they migrate to another state, get their license and continue practicing. Check out Oklahoma Medical board, click on to agendas and meeting minutes. I promise you will have an eye opening event.
AZTEC

Arlington, TX

#16 Sep 14, 2010
Money can overturn anything handed down from a review board of medical incidents because there is simply a shortage of PROFESSIONALS in that field that If you can pay the fines and pay the reinstatement fees then your back in business in no time

Since: May 10

Stilwell, OK

#17 Sep 14, 2010
Dr Meranda had a lot of personal demons to deal with, her 7 year old son was killed when a drunk driver ( his bio father)caused a wreck, that alone would be enough to mess about anyone up... i have used her for a doctor and liked her, she did tend to talk about her child alot but good grief who wouldnt in her shoes
Dr Ferris is a jerk, he has no personality, hides behind the church, and pretends that he is a caring human being, far from the truth ask some of the young men who work for him on his new home and they will tell you how they are treated... like animals left to sit in the sun, and only given "room temperature water" to drink, because thats what he drinks and its good for you.... ask around you wont find many people who are impressed with his medical skills or life skills for that matter

Since: Jun 10

ADAIR COUNTY

#18 Sep 14, 2010
I know it's not regarding Ferris, but I was curious how people felt about a Dr. Jenkins and Dr. Bentley (assume it's correct spelling). Heard several horror stories, but really have heard any direct information or if he's a competent doc. Surely one or two of you out there have at least some experience and/or knowledge.

Since: May 10

Stilwell, OK

#19 Sep 14, 2010
i have been to dr bentley on a professional basis and i was impressed, no horror story, treated me nicely, was very concerned, took good care of me, i have no complaints
I have only seen dr jenkins once in the er when a grandchild was getting stitches, he was wonderful with her, made her feel very comfortable and secure, he was very professional and "doctor" like! i would go back to either one, or better yet take my grandchildren to them..

Since: Jun 10

ADAIR COUNTY

#20 Sep 14, 2010
In Plain Sight wrote:
i have been to dr bentley on a professional basis and i was impressed, no horror story, treated me nicely, was very concerned, took good care of me, i have no complaints
I have only seen dr jenkins once in the er when a grandchild was getting stitches, he was wonderful with her, made her feel very comfortable and secure, he was very professional and "doctor" like! i would go back to either one, or better yet take my grandchildren to them..
Thanks for the info. I guess alot of it depends on their interaction with doctor, nurse, etc.., that usually sets either a good or bad opinion. Doesn't matter whether it's Stilwell or St. Francis, etc, it's all in the experience. I was just curious about them since I heard stories, yet they really couldn't offer any specifics to back it up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stilwell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OK OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 27 min WarForOil 76,140
OK Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr badboycancer 2,721
OK The "English is the Official Language of Oklaho... (Oct '10) 6 hr Joyce 11,303
carla ritter (Feb '13) 20 hr california girly 26
Abuse at Stilwell Pre-school?? Mon Liam 10
Robert Crozier announces candidacy (May '10) Mon Same new 466
Marci Underhill Sun notyou 4

Stilwell Jobs

Stilwell People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Stilwell News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Stilwell

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]