Lori

Jacksonville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2009

We bought a Lullabye Crib model # 00840, Lot # 00604 when our son was born in 1976. It is still in excellent condition and has been used for several children. However, when trying to assemble for the newest grandchild, we can't seem to remember how to get it together so the sides go up and down. Any help would be greatly appeciated!
Sandy Lyons

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2009

I am trying to put a Lullabye Crib #04530 together. The metal part that holds the mattress up has one of the little bars missing that hooks onto the bed. Do you know if I can buy just the metal piece, or does it have to be just this particular one? Grandson is spending the night next weekend so I need help quickly. Thanks!
Sandy Lyons

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2009

Lori wrote:
We bought a Lullabye Crib model # 00840, Lot # 00604 when our son was born in 1976. It is still in excellent condition and has been used for several children. However, when trying to assemble for the newest grandchild, we can't seem to remember how to get it together so the sides go up and down. Any help would be greatly appeciated!
We just put our lullabye crib together today. the side that goes up and down

Turn the side with the foot lift to the inside of the crib. The long bars are each end have to be taken out. Then run the long bars through all of the holes on the side of the bed. Make certain that the little lip on the foot lift fits into the ridges on the inside of the end pieces. I hope this makes sense. We just realized that we are missing one of the metal pins that holds the metal part to put the mattress on. Do you have any suggestions for me about this problem?
Thanks!
Sandy
Pete

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2009

Have a Lullabye crib from my kids that was purchased in 1982 new. Have all the parts however I do not have the instructions. Since the company is not around anymore can anyone help with instructions to asemble? The model # 07030, Lot # 00182. Oak.
Pete
ptph51@comcast.net
connie taylor

Tyler, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2009

Sandy Lyons wrote:
I am trying to put a Lullabye Crib #04530 together. The metal part that holds the mattress up has one of the little bars missing that hooks onto the bed. Do you know if I can buy just the metal piece, or does it have to be just this particular one? Grandson is spending the night next weekend so I need help quickly. Thanks!
Did you find your post? We just got our bed out of the attic to assemble for our coming grandchild and found that our posts are missing and we are in need of 4 posts. please send reply to conniemac321@yahoo.com thanks
Shannon

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2009

Hi, I have a Lullabye crib bought in 1982 (which was used for me as a baby, and I am now going to use for my kids). Probably as a miracle, I just found the original instructions! I don't know what model number mine is, but mine doesn't actually look like the pics in the instructions so perhaps the instructions are good for several models. I added the scan picture of it to my Flickr here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/66184574 @N00/3876056902/
Shelly R Kramer

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2009

I have a crib Lullaby 231145 I do not have the screws or instructions, can anyone help with this?
Lisa- Guston KY

Brandenburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2009

I have a Jenny Lind baby bed, model # 04530, that was made by the Lullabye Co., Stevens Pt., WI. I need the part that holds the mattress in place. Any ideas?
pam foxboro-ma

Mansfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2009

Hi, I have a lullabye crib bought in 1977 Model 01540 Lot 00407.
Has spool type bars and is painted yellow.
Was wondering if paint is lead-free.
If anyone knows would greatly appreciate response.
Thank you,
Pam
Linda Illinois

Elk Grove Village, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2009

I have a Lullabye maple twin bed from the company if anyone is interested in purchasing it please let me know.
Larry G

Wharton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

Rhonda wrote:
We have a Lullabye Stevens crib Model #04530, Lot#00909. We need help assembling it for a grandchild. We are not even sure we have all the pieces. There is only one rail for the bottom. Please help.
We would appreciate any help--
I have an identical baby bed and after 28 years we need it again, grandchildren. However, I find Im missing some parts, were you able to find anybody who had parts for these wonderful baby beds?
Thanks
Larry G
larrger5@yahoo.com
Larry G

Wharton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

pam foxboro-ma wrote:
Hi, I have a lullabye crib bought in 1977 Model 01540 Lot 00407.
Has spool type bars and is painted yellow.
Was wondering if paint is lead-free.
If anyone knows would greatly appreciate response.
Thank you,
Pam
Mine isnt painted and was bought new in 1980. Being that it is painted, and that age, I would think it is lead base paint. To be safe I would refinish it. The wood underneath the paint is very nice looking. good luck,
Larry
secrets

Kingman, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2009

I have a model 00762 Lot 00900
I need the cane rods. Does any hardware store carry these rods??? thx
secrets

Kingman, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2009

http://www.productsamerica.com/page25.html
Just found this site that sells crib hardware and you can call them if you are not sure what it is you need.
secrets

Kingman, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2009

They also have teething rails..that plastic cap over the wood rail.
http://www.productsamerica.com/teethingrails....
pam foxboro-ma

Mansfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2009

secrets wrote:
They also have teething rails..that plastic cap over the wood rail.
http://www.productsamerica.com/teethingrails....
I got all the pieces from Product America. They were extremely helpful and my husband and I managed to replace all tne missing parts and reassemble. They also informed me that the paint is lead-free and that the toy industry was way ahead of the construction/ building industry in terms of awareness of danger of lead even in 1977.
Just to be sure, I used a kit for home use from Home Depot and couldn't find any trace of lead.

So all we need is the new grandson who should be arriving any day!
m_anderson

Hampton, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2009

i have the 5 drawer white jenny lind dresser for sale its in good shape
Jim

Capon Bridge, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2010

We have the same childs chest of drawers with closet that was purchased about 1938 and in the Pittsburgh area. The purchase was probably made in Gimbels and the child using the chest was a cousin of mine. We are still using the chest and it is in excellent condition. The cousin died at age 3 in a drowning and the chest was not used again until we acquired it in 1972. The top drawer has the Lullabye label in it on the side of the drawer. The label also says the Co. was started in 1897, so the person above wanting to know if the cradle could have been made around 1898 that is possible. We have no other information about this chest of drawers at this time.
Julia Zettler

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

Jack wrote:
My wife and I just purchased an antique baby cradle manufactured by the Lullaby Furniture Co, Stevens Point, WI. I would like to find out the year it was made, so if anyone has any info please let me know.
My great, great Grandfather, John, J. Bukolt, invented the automatic rocking cradle and also started the Lullabye Furniture Company. Here's a little history:

In 1897, Mr. Bukolt perfected the first swinging crib, at the
suggestion of his wife.

The manufacture of this device was continued in the woodshed of his father and the upstairs bedroom in the Bukolt residence at 329 North Street served as a finishing room. Up to 1904, this growing enterprise operated under the name of "The American Novelty Company." From that year on, this firm had been incorporated under the name of "The Automatic Cradle Manufacturing Company," and continued until February 1929, when it was changed to "The
Lullabye Furniture Corporation."

Unfortunately, the factory caught fire (I believe in the 40's or 50's) and Lullabye Furniture Co. was no more.
Diana Allen

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2010

I recently purchased what seems to be a doll's crib. It is pink with little bunnies painted on the sides. The brass plate on the end is imprinted with the trade mark "Lullabye" made by the Automatic Cradle Manfacturing Company, Stevens Point, WI I am wondering if this is truly a doll's bed? Any information would be appreciated.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Stevens Point Discussions

Search the Stevens Point Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WI Who do you support for Governor in Wisconsin in... (Oct '10) Mon Aaron Salmon 7,006
WI Wisconsin Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Jul 21 selfridge 451
Three Arrested In Sexual Assault Of 15-Year-Old... (Feb '07) Jul 12 big 5
Review: Jim Laabs Music Super Store (Jun '09) Jul 6 Jamie Strong 27
Diamond dog coughs up missing wedding ring Jul 2 Adrian Godsafe MSc 4
fire chief Jun '14 candy 1
WI Who do you support for Attorney General in Wisc... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Judge 88
•••
•••
•••
Stevens Point Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Stevens Point Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••