Surviving the unseen wound

This text is replaced by the Flash movie. Hector Matascastillo was in a razzed state, armed with two unloaded pistols, facing what he thought was an armed enemy combatant with a gun aimed at him. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Another messed up Bulldog

Green Isle, MN

#101 Jun 30, 2008
Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Like anyone would want to help him after the stuff he put us threw. Looks like it would be you two working things out. I have no feelings for this man at all. I was also there (06-07), I to was a "Bulldog"
I think he was referring to me when he said get help...which I am doing...I could give a damn about He-who's-name-I've-been-trying -to-forget-since-November. I thought I left all this $h!t behind...I guess not. It's sad that all of us are re-uniting under these circumstances. One more thing for "Humbled"; I don't know who you are, I don't care. I may be weak-physically and mentally-but I KNOW what the hell I saw. By the way...ever heard of "the Bulldog creed?"

Green Isle, MN

#102 Jun 30, 2008
Pathetic Article wrote:
Many times I was more worried about what my leadership was going to do than what the enemy was going to do. That's a sick feeling to have...
I know EXACTLY what you mean. Wasn't that just a horrible, horrible feeling? I thought that when we got inside the wire that it might be...or at least FEEL...safer than outside the wire, but that didn't turn out to be the case. Sometimes, when our Leadership was around, it seemed like I had to be on guard more INSIDE the FOB than outside!! How f***ed up is that for God's sake!??!?!?! I hope I never see him AGAIN....

Green Isle, MN

#103 Jun 30, 2008
One more quick thing, I really do miss quite a few of you guys. I was one of the late arrivals, and you guys that took your own time to help me out kept me from losing my mind over there.
Guy Gambill

Minneapolis, MN

#104 Jul 1, 2008
I am still trying to find something credible in this whole dialogue regarding Hector. A couple of people said it here: It seems there a couple of people using multiple identities to create the perception that a whole pack of folks thought Hector a rotten NCO and unsuitable to serve as a front-man for the newly enacted legislation. Again, I am not hard to find and I am not an unreasonable or uncaring person. In fact, I and many other veterans are trying to help those current conflict veterans who experience problems with re-integration so that what happened with previous generations of veterans is not repeated.
Particularly with regard to Viet Nam Veterans
we did not do anything resembling "well" by
them when they came home.
None of us had any financial gain out of doing
this, it was done purely out of concern. I've
spent countless hours of my own time and much
of my own resources in an attempt to be of service
to those who have served our country.
Again, I find it very difficult to believe
the assertions being made here and find it
doubly difficult to fathom how, out of the
many, many Guard Officers with whom I have been
in contact these past few years, none of them
would have mentioned any of this if it were
true.
One last time, if this is more than just the
two Kessel brothers masking identities and
conducting a personal feud, by all means come
forward. I've practiced confidentiality in my
affairs and service for many years. So, one
last time, let's have some substance here and
a less smear.
From all over the Country veterans have been
supportive of what we have done here in Minnesota,
from the VVA to VFWs to Homeless Advocates. This
was meant to help veterans and it will. Is there
really any doubt of that here?
Again, I'm extending the invitation to contact
me here...I am very easy to find. This is the third time I have done so on this blog and the
fact that no one has taken up the invite sort of
confirms my suspicions that the maligning of Hector here is largely based on BS.

Guy Gambill
Pathetic Article

Minneapolis, MN

#105 Jul 2, 2008
Guy Gambill wrote:
the maligning of Hector here is largely based on BS.
Guy Gambill
I'd love to speak but I'm still in the Guard and will not jeopordize my family by stepping forward, again. Hector may have had a great record years ago, but any respect I had for him was wiped out by what he did. Some high-ranking people have talked to the troops involved about what happened over there. I'm disappointed A) that he was ever selected to be on deployment and B) in what appears to be the Guard's lack of action or efforts to sweep this under the rug and make it go away. I've relayed my experience to the brass. This is in their hands. I guess the good ole boy system is still alive and well...
J Kessel

North Branch, MN

#106 Jul 2, 2008
Pathetic Article wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd love to speak but I'm still in the Guard and will not jeopordize my family by stepping forward, again. Hector may have had a great record years ago, but any respect I had for him was wiped out by what he did. Some high-ranking people have talked to the troops involved about what happened over there. I'm disappointed A) that he was ever selected to be on deployment and B) in what appears to be the Guard's lack of action or efforts to sweep this under the rug and make it go away. I've relayed my experience to the brass. This is in their hands. I guess the good ole boy system is still alive and well...
Contact me through AKO. That includes anybody that wants to have this issue addressed. If we all come together they will listen. We just need to come together and push it forward through the proper channels. Keep it away from the good old boys and have someone outside look at it. They can't ignore what is open to the public.
Guy Gambill

Minneapolis, MN

#107 Jul 5, 2008
Greetings,

Well, one of the posters here has contacted
me and when I get back from DC on the 16th of
July we are going to sit down and talk.
Again, I hope none of this detracts from
those men and women who really need help. I
have known far too many over the past few
decades that something like this may have
helped and cannot help but think of them.
To those who have served in Iraq and
Afghanistan who may not be invested in doing
something like this, or who don't believe
it is the right thing to do. All I can
offer is this: In the year 2028, look back
at the old photos of your squad or platoon.
Look back at the men you served with. I pray
to God that all or most of you will still
be around, to watch your children grow up,
to barbecue together in some distant reunion.
I hope you will not look back and have to
place red Xs over member after member with
comments like "died of an overdose", "died
in a motorcycle accident", "committed suicide",
or "serving 20 years Federal"...until, one
day, you will find there is almost no one
left to remember but you...then, the days
can become very, very long.
I honor all of you, best I can. Many will
forget what you have given, over time. I will
not be one of them. For whatever that is worth.

Guy Gambill

Guy Gambill
goirish

Paw Paw, MI

#108 Feb 24, 2010
So if I get drunk and drive or go home and try to kill my wife.. can I claim alcoholism as a defense??????give me a break......
psychobabble wrote:
This is just another example of the liberal philosophy that no can be responsible for any behavior. Have you noticed this ever-growing trend? Whether it is a murderer, a child molestor, or what have you, there are always a ton of excuses, and no taking of individual responsibility for actions. "Oh, he was an abused child, oh, he came from a broken home, oh, he was on drugs when he killed that child" etc etc etc. There is always an excuse. Here is a tatted up guy who has a huge argument with his wife which turns into a garden variety domestic, except (here comes the excuse) he was vet and all of a sudden, it was due to "PTSD" !! Notice how he was suddenly diagnosed several days AFTER his arrest. I will bet you this tactic came straight from his defense attorney. He was home for 4 years after his service. Plenty of time to get any help that was needed. This is just another scam defense supported by the usual liberal media columnists attempting to legitimize what was simply a domestic violence dispute by someone how happened to be a vet. And now this new law is going to be used by more and more people to get away with basic criminal behavior. What a scam.
Guy Gambill

Guadalajara, Mexico

#109 Jun 7, 2012
Sadly, I believe you guys were all right now....Hector Matascastillo turned out to be a self-serving, back-stabbing, cowardly little prick and I sorely regret having ever come to his defense in any way, shape or form. You guys were right about the
man.
J Kessel wrote:
<quoted text>
How dare you have the audacity to address me in an open public forum on subjects you know absolutely nothing about! You have never met me, and know nothing of my record of service. All you know is what you have heard from an individual that has been repeatedly been referred to as a liar by multiple people that have served with him.
It really does not matter where you or your brother has been deployed. It does not give you any understanding of what I, and the others that deployed with me, endured during our deployment
You know enough to look at a guys DD-214?
Well if you can read a DD-214 then you will clearly see that when Hector left active duty his last unit of record was the 75th Ranger Regiment, and his one and only MOS for the twelve year period was 56M. You will also notice that there are not any combat deployments listed in block 13 or 18! This of course makes perfect sense when you know, as I do, that the Army MOS 56M is a CHAPLINS ASSISTANT! So much for his PUBLIC CLAIM of being an Infantry leader. By the way, for the record Hector did not receive the MOS 11B until he was a member of the National Guard. Again that is a matter of PUBLIC RECORD! Just about every individual E-6 and above that was in a leadership position was awarded the Bronze Star. That was Hectorís policy!
There was nothing dishonorable
in this man's record? Unless of course you consider the accusations of assault, abuse, neglect, falsifying documents and failing to assist soldiers in need dishonorable.
I was dx'ed, after 18 years, as an E-4..?
Again, you know nothing about me, and are grossly inaccurate in your accusations. I do not feel the need to explain to you or in any way justify my decision not to reenlist. Frankly, itís none of you damn business!
Youíve met many Guard Officers, including a
couple of Colonnels in the presence of Hector
when I first met him 4 years ago?
While in Iraq I was in the presence of the Commandant of the Marine Corp! I guess by your logic this means I am a squared away troop. Itís kind of hard to explain the rest of this post though, when using your logic on what makes a good soldier.
You find it shameful that these guys from North
Branch would question the honorable service
of a fellow veteran?
I donít understand how exposing an abusive self serving power monger is a discredit. Why do you not show respect for the individuals that took great risks to their personal careers by standing up for what is right in the face of certain punishment? Instead you feel it necessary to insult every person I served with that spoke out against what they knew was wrong. You sir, should be the one that is ashamed!
ďOne last comment on Domestic Abuse: Not every
woman who files charges is telling the truth...
It seems that the verbal assaults on people you do not know is not just reserved for the individuals that deployed with this man. Have you no shame at all? Mr. Gambill you do not know me, and as such should politely stay out of my personal affairs. I am not the one who put my story in public for the scrutiny of all to see! Hector, you know what I think of you; it doesnít need to be reiterated here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stephen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Middle River man sentenced in sex crime (May '11) Aug '14 sad mother 4
Karlstad Music Forum (Nov '12) Jul '14 Musikologist 9
Rosemount man's autism site offers insights to ... (Nov '08) Apr '14 MMR DANGEROUS 16
St. Cloud police lieutenant to run for Morrison... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Jenny Dulude 1
Middle River hosts Miss Marshall County Pageant... (Feb '12) Feb '12 melvn 1
Retired state workers want pension cuts restored (Mar '11) Sep '11 Midwest Davey 332
Kids' bipolar label soars (Jun '11) Jul '11 Daughter of the F... 13
Stephen Dating
Find my Match

Stephen Jobs

Stephen People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Stephen News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Stephen

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]