Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#1 Nov 26, 2010
My husband was pissed. Got up there at 4am was told about arm bands. How dumb is that. Who has time to wait around for hours. Anyone else have a bad time?:((
Man

United States

#2 Nov 26, 2010
Yea that's dumb! U should just be able to get in line and whoever get something gets it! U shouldn't have to be made to stand in line for hours. Anyway...those people who stand in line that long are dumb lol. Really think about it...to save like 150 or so off a tv?? It's not worth it to wait THAT long just for that. But now...if they were to be selling like a 42" tv for say only 150...now that's a real black Friday deal! But all these people think it's worth standing in a line overnight just for a few dollars off when it's still gonna cost them hundreds. Most deals aren't as big as they should be.
didnt go

Midway, KY

#3 Nov 26, 2010
What arm bands??

“This is the real Aaron L”

Since: Dec 09

Cincinnati,Ohio

#4 Nov 26, 2010
the purpose of the armband is to not wait in line lol

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#5 Nov 26, 2010
The armband was giving out at 2am. If you got there at 4am you got there to late to get tvs or laptops. I just thought it wasn't advertised that way.
PO people

Chicago, IL

#6 Nov 26, 2010
You have to have figured out by now that Black Friday was designed for PO WHITE TRASH!!!
danville wal mart awful

Brownsville, TN

#7 Nov 26, 2010
went to danville wal mart just before 11pm in order to wait ofr the 12:01 sales only to find out they went on and let everything go at 10:30. If the sale didnt start until 12:01. they should have the items available then. the employees there we rude and wouldn't tell you where anything was because they were all caught up in the 5am electronic sales.
charlieb

Ocilla, GA

#9 Nov 26, 2010
...The employees at the Stanford Wal-Mart were great...The store manager was very nice and helpful...I had no problems...It was fun...and I got some great deals...It would have been nice, tho, if the one woman hadn't grabbed about 30 of the buck 77 towels all for herself...but all in all, I can't complain one bit about my Black Friday experience at Stanford Wal-Mart...
wow

Danville, KY

#10 Nov 26, 2010
charlieb wrote:
...The employees at the Stanford Wal-Mart were great...The store manager was very nice and helpful...I had no problems...It was fun...and I got some great deals...It would have been nice, tho, if the one woman hadn't grabbed about 30 of the buck 77 towels all for herself...but all in all, I can't complain one bit about my Black Friday experience at Stanford Wal-Mart...
Good for you! But my experience at Stanford Wal Mart was not as great. But it wsn't the employees it was the rude ass people. I have no small kids and before I knew it i was stuck in the toy department, the people would not for the life of them even let me thru to move out of the department. I even had a person tell me I could just wait like everyone else, the thing was I wasn't waiting for anything. So then I got rude and started literally pushing people out of my way just because of the way they were acting. I didn't need or want anything in the toy section. I don't know if it was worth it or not, really. Like the movies people were being dogs about them. Just grabbing them by the arm loads and them getting off in corners and going thru them to get the ones they wanted. I think black friday is a gimmic.
PO people

Chicago, IL

#11 Nov 26, 2010
Yep!! Bunch of po white trash looking for bargain towels foe cristmas gifts!!
charlieb

Ocilla, GA

#12 Nov 26, 2010
wow wrote:
<quoted text>Good for you! But my experience at Stanford Wal Mart was not as great. But it wsn't the employees it was the rude ass people. I have no small kids and before I knew it i was stuck in the toy department, the people would not for the life of them even let me thru to move out of the department. I even had a person tell me I could just wait like everyone else, the thing was I wasn't waiting for anything. So then I got rude and started literally pushing people out of my way just because of the way they were acting. I didn't need or want anything in the toy section. I don't know if it was worth it or not, really. Like the movies people were being dogs about them. Just grabbing them by the arm loads and them getting off in corners and going thru them to get the ones they wanted. I think black friday is a gimmic.
...Of course, Black Friday is a gimmic!...Get shoppers into the store to spend money...it's an advertising tactic...We all know that...
...I saw no one being rude...It was the opposite...if someone bumped me they said, "excuse me" and vice versa...
...I saw people laughing and I even had one lady offer me one of her bedding ensembles because I didn't see a color I liked in the ones that were left..
...We went into the store with a positive attitude...Your shopping experience is what you make it...We made ours fun and productive..
...Bring on the after Christmas sales..
santas on crack

Somerset, KY

#13 Nov 26, 2010
there will no deals for mean people
charlieb

Ocilla, GA

#14 Nov 27, 2010
santas on crack wrote:
there will no deals for mean people
...lol...Yep, could be on Santa's naughty list...
heyhey

United States

#15 Nov 28, 2010
If you think about it Wal mart didn't wnat you going to any other stores. Line up at 12 to get braclet at 2am, then have to be back at 5 to get item. when target opened at 4am and kohl's opened at 3am. couldn't get to any of them. what a plan
Nick

United States

#16 Nov 28, 2010
Haha yea that's dumb of people to wait in line. If the idiots would read all the ads, they would find better things. Friday morning I went to get the 42" tv for 399 for my parents as a gift. I didn't wait in line at Wmart over night. I simply got up at 430 am, went to kmart...got one and even put it in layaway so I can make payments! And went back home to get some sleep. No waiting for arm bands or anything. Bc if people had really looked thru the ads, sears and kmart also had 42" tvs for 399...plus zenith brand! Hell of a lot better than wal marts Emerson that they sold. Sorry to the suckers who think any ole deal is a good deal just bc it's cheap and it's wal mart.
danville wal mart awful

Brownsville, TN

#17 Nov 28, 2010
Nick wrote:
Haha yea that's dumb of people to wait in line. If the idiots would read all the ads, they would find better things. Friday morning I went to get the 42" tv for 399 for my parents as a gift. I didn't wait in line at Wmart over night. I simply got up at 430 am, went to kmart...got one and even put it in layaway so I can make payments! And went back home to get some sleep. No waiting for arm bands or anything. Bc if people had really looked thru the ads, sears and kmart also had 42" tvs for 399...plus zenith brand! Hell of a lot better than wal marts Emerson that they sold. Sorry to the suckers who think any ole deal is a good deal just bc it's cheap and it's wal mart.
The easiest thing to do is get the ads for the other stores, go to wal mart later that day before the sale ends, and get them to match the price. not many people are grabbing those items at wal mart since they aren't on sale there.
Nick

United States

#18 Nov 28, 2010
danville wal mart awful wrote:
<quoted text>
The easiest thing to do is get the ads for the other stores, go to wal mart later that day before the sale ends, and get them to match the price. not many people are grabbing those items at wal mart since they aren't on sale there.
That doesn't make any sense. The tv i got was on sale at wal mart too. But u can't go later in the day bc they will be sold out. It's just that the mob of people automatically goes to wal mart bc they think they have the best deals...but they don't even look at all the ads first. That's how I got a tv for the same price as wal mart had without having to wait in line all night like the suckers. I was home sleeping comfortably

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GodFathers 1 hr Not going back 26
corey raley (Jun '13) 4 hr lady z 19
cheyenne dunn (May '09) 5 hr curious 14
Anyone know Lindsey Nix? 6 hr KricketKy 2
Golf carts 14 hr Gas or electric 4
So what do you think about Clayton Homes?? (Apr '09) Fri tonya 102
V for Vendetta Nov 20 whats up 5
Stanford Dating
Find my Match

Stanford People Search