Deaths at Lincoln Jail??

Posted in the Stanford Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Curious

London, KY

#1 May 11, 2010
as anyone heard that 2 people died yesterday at lincoln co jail??

Since: Nov 08

The Land of Confusion

#2 May 11, 2010
was on 18 news yesterday that 2 inmates have died at the jail they didnt mean it actually happened yesterday
person

Richmond, KY

#3 May 11, 2010
this jail needs to be shut down one of my friends did die in this hell hole the need to quit sitting at the desk doing nothing and watch the inmates better it makes me sick how this town oprates they will hire anyone to work there if we r lucky they will shut it down then all the lowlifes that work there wont have a job
sometimes

London, KY

#4 May 11, 2010
Well I don't think that everyone that works there are bad people or bad workers sometimes its just the situation that is bad! I dont know that anyone could have stopped what has/have happened! I do think the jail could hire some better people but for the most part they have some good workers!

Since: Jan 09

Lebanon Junction in Bullitt Co

#5 May 11, 2010
someone wasnt doing their job....
What

Danville, KY

#6 May 11, 2010
Are you kidding me? I am very sorry that people passed but the fact of the matter is that they are not in jail because they sang to loud in church. I heard that one person committed suicide. How is it there responsibility? Who would be to blame if that happened on the outside. Everyone wants to blame somebody else. State facts not opinion.
seriously

Kingman, IN

#7 May 11, 2010
It took the guards/jailors/whatever 30 minutes to get to one who was hanging himself. That is ridicilous. Either they can do their jobs and tend to the inmates or find another damn job.
MYGOSH

Brownsville, TN

#8 May 11, 2010
Apparentley this person wanted to kill himself, sorry for the family, but I hardley think its the jail employees fault. The key words are he hanged himself.
I Know

United States

#9 May 11, 2010
To MYGOSH it doesnt matter how he died the matter of the fact is that if the jail staff were doing there job he might still be here with us today. If they had placed him on a sucide watch like they told his mom they would then he would not have had anything in his cell to hang himself with. I dont think saying it was the jailers/officers fault is the correct term to use but yes I will say they could have prevented this from happening.Then to think it took 30 minutes (as someone said)to get to him. Do you think they were doing there job then? I work in a correctional instutation with almost 2000 inmates and if someone done this and it took us 30 minutes to respond we would be out of a job. Yes I understand that we have alot more staff but 30 minutes that isnt acceptiable in my book.But everyone is entitled to there opinion and this is mine.
I Know

Danville, KY

#10 May 11, 2010
When you are booked in the jail they ask if you have had suicidal thoughts. That's what they go by. They average about 120 inmates at any given time so you can't really baby sit every prisoner. If the boy didn't like jail so bad, he should have thought about how much time he would be doing after commiting armed robbery. Blaming everyone else is just wrong.
Stupidity

Danville, KY

#11 May 11, 2010
It is in Gods hands now.
The Truth

Prestonsburg, KY

#12 May 11, 2010
Its sad that someone took their own life. Nothing could justify that. My condolences to the families.

On the other hand. We have jails for a reason and we need jails to lock up crimmals. I personally think if your in jail you should be punished. Lincoln County jail maybe overcrowded, but its a country club.
midnight toker

Georgetown, KY

#13 May 11, 2010
I Know wrote:
When you are booked in the jail they ask if you have had suicidal thoughts. That's what they go by. They average about 120 inmates at any given time so you can't really baby sit every prisoner. If the boy didn't like jail so bad, he should have thought about how much time he would be doing after commiting armed robbery. Blaming everyone else is just wrong.
He was never convicted of the crime.Ever heard of innocent until proven guilty?Just because someone is charged does not mean they are guilty!
Come on

Danville, KY

#14 May 11, 2010
midnight toker wrote:
<quoted text>He was never convicted of the crime.Ever heard of innocent until proven guilty?Just because someone is charged does not mean they are guilty!
They never siad that he was guilty. Like it has been said before. They are not there for singing too loud in church.
peps

Richmond, KY

#15 May 11, 2010
leave it alone and let him rip i am sure his famliy would apprciate it
TELL ME

Danville, KY

#16 May 14, 2010
Put him on watch, they didn't check on him for 30 min, what the hell do you think jail is, a babysitting clubhouse? WOW, it's amazing how people are quick to blame someone else for an ADULTS ACTIONS. Thieves, Criminals, cop shooters, but hey, let's baby sit them and make sure they are ok and out of harms way, sounds like you are a criminal too. The jail staff does a good job, things happen, dumbasses in there for a reason, and still find away to break the law. I think people can change but by the actions caused by THOSE people should be blamed on others??? WOW you are retarded
low life scum

Ripley, TN

#17 May 14, 2010
MYGOSH wrote:
Apparentley this person wanted to kill himself, sorry for the family, but I hardley think its the jail employees fault. The key words are he hanged himself.
It was his way of getting out from going to prison for all the crimes he had done and was big man when he was robbing,beating old people,but wasn't big enought man to pay for his crimes.he play but couldn't pay
low life scum

Ripley, TN

#18 May 14, 2010
midnight toker wrote:
<quoted text>He was never convicted of the crime.Ever heard of innocent until proven guilty?Just because someone is charged does not mean they are guilty!
Toker he was guilty as sin you see they got the other Durhams and hes knew he was going down,for long time and took the easy way out
somebody

Berea, KY

#19 May 14, 2010
Seriously stop and think about the fact that people are saying it 30 minutes to get to him. If somebody is left hanging for 30 minutes the reality of it is he would have been dead when they got him down. He was taken to the hospital so he obviously had signs of life or he would have been pronounce dead at the scence. Really think about thing and stop stirring up a bunch of bullshit.
say what

Esmond, IL

#20 May 14, 2010
I Know wrote:
To MYGOSH it doesnt matter how he died the matter of the fact is that if the jail staff were doing there job he might still be here with us today. If they had placed him on a sucide watch like they told his mom they would then he would not have had anything in his cell to hang himself with. I dont think saying it was the jailers/officers fault is the correct term to use but yes I will say they could have prevented this from happening.Then to think it took 30 minutes (as someone said)to get to him. Do you think they were doing there job then? I work in a correctional instutation with almost 2000 inmates and if someone done this and it took us 30 minutes to respond we would be out of a job. Yes I understand that we have alot more staff but 30 minutes that isnt acceptiable in my book.But everyone is entitled to there opinion and this is mine.
i agree with you totally.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 6 hr hmmm 501
Curt Folger for Sheriff (Sep '10) 14 hr The Rock 172
summer winstead..... (Sep '09) Thu you know who this is 21
New or old jaier Wed election 2
Michael McFerson Tue Public Knowledge 1
Good Girl Oct 21 Philip and Chris 1
Light question Oct 19 Stumped 4
Stanford Dating
Find my Match

Stanford Jobs