Saint Francis, MN - Oak Grove, MN - Accident - Co Rd. 24

Posted in the St. Francis Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
concerned

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Oct 18, 2007
There was an accident that closed Co Rd 24 3 miles east out of Saint Francis. There were a few Fire Trucks, several squad cards and a helicopter - does anyone know what happened? This would have been around the 13th of October.
Bad accident St Francis

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Sep 22, 2009
squad car hit a pedestrian on a scooter at 4:16 pm on sept. 22nd on hwy 47 and ct rd 28, i live down the street and this is a bad intersection, i called the state in 2001 and they told me that at least 5 people have to die before they would put up lights or blinking lights, my guess is this one is another death as the ambulance didnt leave once the badly damaged body was loaded in the ambulance and didnt move for 10 minutes, it was another sad site today at the worst intersection i know of.
1ST HAND

United States

#3 Sep 23, 2009
Bad accident St Francis wrote:
squad car hit a pedestrian on a scooter at 4:16 pm on sept. 22nd on hwy 47 and ct rd 28, i live down the street and this is a bad intersection, i called the state in 2001 and they told me that at least 5 people have to die before they would put up lights or blinking lights, my guess is this one is another death as the ambulance didnt leave once the badly damaged body was loaded in the ambulance and didnt move for 10 minutes, it was another sad site today at the worst intersection i know of.
I work right near where the accident happened and the police stated that it was a dumptruck that hit the scooter.

I haven't seen any newscasts on this-anyone else?
LocalRes

San Francisco, CA

#4 Sep 23, 2009
I drive that stretch of Hwy 47 everyday, twice a day and I hate seeing all of these accidents. Between Ambassador/Cty 28 and Cty 8 I don't know which one is worse. Although Cty 8 does have the blinking lights (which I don't think help much). I drove past the accident yesterday shortly after it happened (after squad cars arrived but before paramedics arrived) and knew it wasn't going to be a good outcome based on the looks of the persons motorcycle/scooter and the fact the he was laying so close to it and not thrown far like you would expect if he had come into contact with a car. I saw the "big truck" sitting there and wondered if he was what the cyclist hit. My thoughts go out to the families of all involved.
JANE DOE

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Sep 23, 2009
1ST HAND wrote:
<quoted text>
I work right near where the accident happened and the police stated that it was a dumptruck that hit the scooter.
So can anyone say for sure if they know it was the police that hit him or the truck driver? Is there a srtical anywhere on this information
family member

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Sep 23, 2009
Bad accident St Francis wrote:
it was my nephew on the moped, and it was a ford ranger that hit him, the semi truck saw it and stopped to give assistance, if anyone saw or "really" knows anything please let us know, he is in critical condition right now, but improving slowly
Wrong

Maple Grove, MN

#7 Sep 23, 2009
1ST HAND wrote:
<quoted text>
The 16 year old boy was NOT hit by a squad car it was a Ford Ranger. Get your facts right before you blog
dmclendon

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Sep 24, 2009
family member wrote:
<quoted text>
it was my nephew on the moped, and it was a ford ranger that hit him, the semi truck saw it and stopped to give assistance, if anyone saw or "really" knows anything please let us know, he is in critical condition right now, but improving slowly
My son Jonathan was the semi driver who stopped to assist. He was very shaken up by the accident he sends his thoughts and prayers on your nephew's recovery.
alexsmom

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Sep 24, 2009
dmclendon wrote:
<quoted text>
My son Jonathan was the semi driver who stopped to assist. He was very shaken up by the accident he sends his thoughts and prayers on your nephew's recovery.
My son Alex was the injured boy, I want to say thank you to your son for his help that afternoon. Alex is critical but stable. He has many injurys and is in a induced coma. But the doctors are optimistic and at believe he can survive this. Again Thank You
Gunderson-Graton Family

Urbandale, IA

#10 Sep 24, 2009
alexsmom wrote:
<quoted text>
My son Alex was the injured boy, I want to say thank you to your son for his help that afternoon. Alex is critical but stable. He has many injurys and is in a induced coma. But the doctors are optimistic and at believe he can survive this. Again Thank You
\
Alex is a great kid who has so many people praying and hoping for him right now ... we all send our love and prayer.. he is a strong kid and gets it from his strong family. We are all sending our love and strength to him and his family ... Be strong we love you!!!
Nearby citizen -

Rapid City, SD

#11 Sep 26, 2009
alexsmom wrote:
<quoted text>
It is amazing how rumors can travel so quickly...I wish more people would learn to get the facts before posting. My prayers go to your family and your son. We live very close to the accident site and I shudder to think "who could be next?"

I hope they will investigate to ensure that that area is as safe as it could be.
praying for you

Wayzata, MN

#12 Sep 26, 2009
do they think that he's gunna have any brain damage or anything? you guys are in my prayers.
1st hand

United States

#13 Sep 26, 2009
Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
The 16 year old boy was NOT hit by a squad car it was a Ford Ranger. Get your facts right before you blog
I spoke with the policeman right after this happened and he's the one that told me it was a dump truck.
Didn't think it would be wrong information from a policeman at the scene.

I feel just awful for the family and person that was so badly injured-my thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
Concerned

AOL

#14 Sep 26, 2009
Praise God that Alex will be OK. I am keeping him in my prayers.
alexsmom wrote:
<quoted text>
praying for you

Wayzata, MN

#15 Sep 26, 2009
i was there helping direct traffic right after it happend till the rest of the officers/fireman came. but it was a ford ranger. the dumptruck and semi truck drivers were there also helping. he did not get hit by a dump truck doesnt matter what you heard it was a ford ranger.
alexsmom

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Sep 27, 2009
praying for you wrote:
do they think that he's gunna have any brain damage or anything? you guys are in my prayers.
Alex's injurys: Jaw broken in 3 places, his tounge was cut almost in half,broken cheek bones, broken brow bone, both collar bones broken, both lungs particaly collaspted,many broken ribs,lascerated liver,kidney and spleen,compound fractured leg ans many cuts,scrapes and bruises. As to brain damage we will not know until he wakes up. He is still in a induced coma.We have also been told that there are probably other injurys that they have not found yet.
alexsmom

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Sep 27, 2009
alexsmom wrote:
<quoted text>
Alex's injurys:Broken neck, Jaw broken in 3 places, his tounge was cut almost in half,broken cheek bones, broken brow bone, both collar bones broken, both lungs particaly collaspted,many broken ribs,lascerated liver,kidney and spleen,compound fractured leg ans many cuts,scrapes and bruises. As to brain damage we will not know until he wakes up. He is still in a induced coma.We have also been told that there are probably other injurys that they have not found yet.
added broken neck
friend

United States

#18 Oct 2, 2009
it was a pick up truck that hit him and he did not die. very badley injured..... but is going to make it......
alexsmom

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Oct 3, 2009
friend wrote:
it was a pick up truck that hit him and he did not die. very badley injured..... but is going to make it......

Alex has been doing amazing. We have had a few set backs over the last few days but he is a strong kid and we know he's going to pull through. I know that the rumor around town is that he died, if people want the facts he has a caring bridge site.
praying for you

Wayzata, MN

#20 Oct 4, 2009
whats his web sites name for caring bridge?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Francis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elk River pastor charged (Jan '11) Dec 17 Time To Tell It All 1,592
looking for Larry Gene Hayes Dec 3 Gene 1
Review: Grace Counseling Services (Jun '14) Oct '14 Dan 7
Golan the Insatiable's Josh Miller Sep '14 Repsdesign 1
Review: Appletime Child Care Inc (Mar '14) Aug '14 Jonikki 2
Cathy Kirka Aug '14 R Danials 1
Accident on hwy10 Aug '14 Zhumba3 1
St. Francis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web