|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

Judged:

ShoresMan 007 wrote:
Another embarrasment for SCS. Talk about putting your mouth in gear before your brain is started. Why would you even have that parade picture with you, Candie? To start trouble....thats why. When Ahearn saw you two fussing over that pic and you produced it like some "smoking gun", you looked like a fool.
You should offer the parade staff AND Mr.Maloof your deepest apology. You might think you had some wacky factual higher ground, but all you did was embarrass yourself and Council as a body. Stand up and do the right thing. You could have a bright political future if you stay out of these nonstop petty pissing matches that nobody wins.
I disagree as I thought the meeting was an eye opener on many levels. She brought up a valid point regarding changing standards the current parade council imposes on people. Mr. Maloof is not the only person who donates money to help this city. Is his money some how better than all the other businesses and people who donate money to causes in this city? How many grand marshals of past parades were given a float built representing their profession? Please answer those questions. What you should be upset with is the parade council has been getting tax dollars for years with no accountability.

What I see here is a parade council member attempting to deflect attention away from the real issues. No public meetings, very little fundraising efforts and changing standards on the rules depending on the person. Ms. Rusie never once belittled Mr. Maloof and I know that and you know that. She produced a valid example of someone getting special treatment and two members of the parade council trying to twist the facts. I hope the city stops giving money to this and turns it over to Parks & Rec to fundraise like the fireworks.
John

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

Judged:

I disagree as I thought the meeting was an eye opener on many levels. She brought up a valid point regarding changing standards the current parade council imposes on people. Mr. Maloof is not the only person who donates money to help this city. Is his money some how better than all the other businesses and people who donate money to causes in this city? How many grand marshals of past parades were given a float built representing their profession? Please answer those questions. What you should be upset with is the parade council has been getting tax dollars for years with no accountability.

What I see here is a parade council member attempting to deflect attention away from the real issues. No public meetings, very little fundraising efforts and changing standards on the rules depending on the person. Ms. Rusie never once belittled Mr. Maloof and I know that and you know that. She produced a valid example of someone getting special treatment and two members of the parade council trying to twist the facts. I hope the city stops giving money to this and turns it over to Parks & Rec to fundraise like the fireworks.
Come on

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

Judged:

Please. It was a valid point. You can't say "no business floats" and turn down businesses (and their sponsorship dollars) and alienate businesses but then provide special treatment to a certain business and advertise that business. Pulling a giant ring box down the street with the name Maloof on it is an advertisement for the business, simple. They claimed they were honoring the man for his generosity to the city (and Rusie never said he shouldn't have been honored) but they couldn't have thought of a way to do it without advertising a business? They can't play high and mighty regarding the inclusion of some businesses but not others. It was hypocritical plan and simple.

Tell me, they went on and on about how the parade is to honor the fallen heroes. What war did the ring box fight in? The little league teams? The parade council have a messed up viewpoint of the parade that's inconsistent to boot. They damage the city by turning away the businesses based on their own "wacky" philosophy.

The argument that he's retired from the business that bears his name is just plain stupid. Ring box and the name Maloof indicate the business in this area, simple.

Tell me parade council - you want to honor Mr. Maloof but you can't think of any other way to honor him but showcasing his business? I know for a fact he's done more for the city than his business but that's what you chose to showcase? How insulting to Mr. Maloof.

You think she didn't know he was the grand marshall that year? Come on. She probably attended the parade. She at least went to the website to get the photo.

Those parade council people owe Rusie the apology. She wasn't screaming at them, but they at her. She wanted an explanation for the inconsistency. I hope she calls them out on Monday for it. She was way too polite I think given how she was treated. Good for Rubino for sticking up for her. He has more class in his little finger than Ahearn and his friend will ever have.

Those parade council people also owe Mr Maloof an apology for using him in the way they did on Monday. They were looking for an excuse to storm out and their PRETEND insult and outrage as it.
Come on

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

Judged:

Also, I bet she had it because she knew their treatment of businesses was an issue and that it would be an issue at the meeting. It's not rocket science. It's called being prepared for a meeting and backing up points with evidence - something their side isn't used to.
Nostradamus of scs

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

Judged:

John wrote:
from another topix post:the parade council will be dismantled and rebuilt from the gound up with oversight from council and a committee with transparent innerworkings. if interested, get ready to apply for an appointment to this NEW parade committee, one that will function much the same as the fireworks have and do- WITHOUT TAXPAYER DOLLARS. "the redheaded one who concocts a frozen treat and his minions shall be cast assunder" so sayeth Nostradamus of scs
and another
prediction: the parade council as you know it will be dissolved in short order and all new faces will be appointed which will be run on a more open and public manner. matt and company will have to find another place to volunteer more than anybody.so sayeth Nostradamus. duane michno would be a great candidate for such a position, but he needs a break- he busted his gluts off for the fireworks and deserves some down time-a lot of down time. he earned it.
WWKT1

Mount Clemens, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

Judged:

Both sides looked bad.
Come on

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

Judged:

The side taking city dollars for years and years but acting belligerant and refusing to answer questions, provide informaion, or take suggestions looked much worse.
Short Memories

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

Judged:

Nostradamus of scs wrote:
<quoted text> from another topix post:the parade council will be dismantled and rebuilt from the gound up with oversight from council and a committee with transparent innerworkings. if interested, get ready to apply for an appointment to this NEW parade committee, one that will function much the same as the fireworks have and do- WITHOUT TAXPAYER DOLLARS. "the redheaded one who concocts a frozen treat and his minions shall be cast assunder" so sayeth Nostradamus of scs
and another
prediction: the parade council as you know it will be dissolved in short order and all new faces will be appointed which will be run on a more open and public manner. matt and company will have to find another place to volunteer more than anybody.so sayeth Nostradamus. duane michno would be a great candidate for such a position, but he needs a break- he busted his gluts off for the fireworks and deserves some down time-a lot of down time. he earned it.
I hear what you are saying, however lets not overlook how Mr. Michno was a big team player with the Wahby Machine just two years ago. It appears we have short memories, I believe in giving credit where credit is due, however he, being Mr. Michno sided right in with the likes of Matt Ahearn, Ron Frederick, Bev McFadyen, Bob Hison, Ken Podolski, Mary Kotowski, Sandy Wolny and the rest of the flock, now he can see that he is beat if he tries his old tricks like getting up at the podium and grandstanding by belittling the active people who attend the council meetings as well as all the viewers. Yes he went out and collected money for the fireworks and he was commended for this, but by no means,lets not forget his capabilities and his good buddy Bob Hison pushing and appointing him every chance he gets. If the old people were on council and incharged like before you would see a completely different reaction from most of these camera seekers. If this individual was ever to be at the helm of anything committee's, commissions etc. you would see a two faced guy at work again.
Concerned Resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

Judged:

I would like to know, speaking of honorable people in this city, when is Mr. Hughes going to let the city know what the verdict is from the prosecutors office on one of the smartest person ever to take a test for a position of D.P.W. Director with the city of St. Clair Shores per. Ms. McFadyen, Past Mayor, Mayor Pro-Tem, he was honored by the parade council just before he and his associates were caught stealing $ 20,000.00 of taxpayers money. When and what was the findings of the investigation. The prosecutors office was supposed to have an answer to the city by last Friday, August 6, 2010 per. Ben Hughes at the council meeting August 2, 2010.
Nostradamus of scs

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

Short Memories wrote:
<quoted text>I hear what you are saying, however lets not overlook how Mr. Michno was a big team player with the Wahby Machine just two years ago. It appears we have short memories, I believe in giving credit where credit is due, however he, being Mr. Michno sided right in with the likes of Matt Ahearn, Ron Frederick, Bev McFadyen, Bob Hison, Ken Podolski, Mary Kotowski, Sandy Wolny and the rest of the flock, now he can see that he is beat if he tries his old tricks like getting up at the podium and grandstanding by belittling the active people who attend the council meetings as well as all the viewers. Yes he went out and collected money for the fireworks and he was commended for this, but by no means,lets not forget his capabilities and his good buddy Bob Hison pushing and appointing him every chance he gets. If the old people were on council and incharged like before you would see a completely different reaction from most of these camera seekers. If this individual was ever to be at the helm of anything committee's, commissions etc. you would see a two faced guy at work again.
i was not a fan duane during the last campaign, notwithstanding i only look at what he has done lately and imo two faced as you say or not he is pro city player and people do and can change.
Nice Try Matt

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

Judged:

Council did a great job. Fred Maloof is a person not a giant ring and ring box. Maloof's jewerly store the business could be represented by the large ring box. ALL businesses should have the same rules. Not just the one that donates money to these people campaign funds or is a donor to Ted's PAC and is a big supporter of the SCS Dem's. Candice should NOT apologize. Ahearn should to all of the businesses he has stone walled all of these years. Angello is a supporter of the city where the hell is his float? What about First State Bank I did not see their float or Nino Salvaggio's. Matt runs a business I bet he keeps books on a computer for that. He might be covering up some funny business with the funds. Just like Dumas. Matt looked stupid when he said let me know if the city will continue to hand over $30,000, blindly and let me spend it at will. Well if I get a vote I say stick your boring parade where the sun doesn't shine. I am sure we can put on a better one minus that crooked cry baby.
WWKT1

Mount Clemens, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

Judged:

If Fred Maloof cut off the charity work in this city CC would be shocked.
Special need children would suffer first along with lots of others. CC be careful who you offend.
Please

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

Judged:

WWKT1 wrote:
Special need children would suffer first along with lots of others. CC be careful who you offend.
You really can't be this stupid, can you?
Please

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

Judged:

Why can't people see there is a difference between honoring a man and advertising a business? Honor the man but how does a giant ring box do it? Maybe the parade council people are too dumb to get it, but they should.
Curious

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

Judged:

WWKT1 wrote:
Matt, when you post on Topix, does your kid type on a pretend computer next to yours like he pretends to shovel when you dig holes in front of your dessert shop?
Good try

Flint, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

Judged:

WWKT1 wrote:
Taking over for Kurt I see. Your his buddy we know. But we know who the real wwkt1 was.
WHAT NOW

Mount Clemens, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2010

Judged:

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Matt, when you post on Topix, does your kid type on a pretend computer next to yours like he pretends to shovel when you dig holes in front of your dessert shop?
comments about anyones kids should be out of bounds. stop it!!!!!!!!
Biggie

Sterling Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2010

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a dirtball.
Nonono

Clinton Township, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2010

Short Memories wrote:
<quoted text>I hear what you are saying, however lets not overlook how Mr. Michno was a big team player with the Wahby Machine just two years ago. It appears we have short memories, I believe in giving credit where credit is due, however he, being Mr. Michno sided right in with the likes of Matt Ahearn, Ron Frederick, Bev McFadyen, Bob Hison, Ken Podolski, Mary Kotowski, Sandy Wolny and the rest of the flock, now he can see that he is beat if he tries his old tricks like getting up at the podium and grandstanding by belittling the active people who attend the council meetings as well as all the viewers. Yes he went out and collected money for the fireworks and he was commended for this, but by no means,lets not forget his capabilities and his good buddy Bob Hison pushing and appointing him every chance he gets. If the old people were on council and incharged like before you would see a completely different reaction from most of these camera seekers. If this individual was ever to be at the helm of anything committee's, commissions etc. you would see a two faced guy at work again.
Boy you've got that right. dwayne is one of those people with a little mind and big mouth. Commended for his work for fireworks? Didnt you hear him commend himself/ Dwayne would be another ahearn if put in charge of anything and if he didn't like the way you wanted to play he'd try to pick up his toys and go home
Jack

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2010

Judged:

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Lay off of him, he's just asking a question. I bet the kid's fake typing would make more sense than anything real Matt could come up with. Would be more honest too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the St. Clair Shores Forum right now

Search the St. Clair Shores Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Hornets 1 hr If you find the nest 4
Cold Case from 1973 (May '12) 3 hr Answer 53
Three GOP candidates battle to face incumbent H... 23 hr Votes Count 2
Mich. lawsuit claims cops coldly executed dog Mon Were they good dogs too 16
Ted Whaby is responsible for what accomplishme... Sun Learning 223
I am doing research about the Rat Problem in St... (Oct '09) Sun Hello Pauls chumps 312
snorted too much white lightning (Oct '13) Sun Little Blue Book Value 105
•••
•••
•••
•••

St. Clair Shores Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

St. Clair Shores People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE