More lakeside access eyed for metro Detroit

Jul 9, 2012 Full story: Detroit Free Press 13

Lack of access to the water is an issue in metro Detroit. Two communities, Grosse Ile and St.

Full Story
kev

Detroit, MI

#1 Jul 9, 2012
Do u really want to swim in this water?think about how polluted metro beach is
Pete

Livonia, MI

#2 Jul 9, 2012
kev wrote:
Do u really want to swim in this water?think about how polluted metro beach is
This has nothing to do with Metro Beach access. This has to do with more northerly lakes that are somewhat cleaner where homes can cost half a million dollars easily.

Anyone can jump in the Detroit River. At some point we may be able to just walk on it.
Bridgeing the Gap

Howell, MI

#3 Jul 9, 2012
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
This has nothing to do with Metro Beach access. This has to do with more northerly lakes that are somewhat cleaner where homes can cost half a million dollars easily.
Anyone can jump in the Detroit River. At some point we may be able to just walk on it.
If at some point we are able to walk on it, then soon after that we may be able to drive on it year round. That being the case we don't need this second bridge that they want to build.
kev

Toledo, OH

#4 Jul 9, 2012
The detroit river is dredged for big freighters.not in our lifetime will it become empty of water.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#5 Jul 9, 2012
Will this access be for whites only?
Hillbillies

Clinton Township, MI

#6 Jul 9, 2012
I'm all for it. It will increase the odds of the local SCS hillbillies getting some resemblance of a much needed bathing, by giving them more opportunities for water access of which they can jump into.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#7 Jul 9, 2012
... but the mountain folk will pee all their beer out and it will flow down stream to Detroit water intake. Let them stink.
Pete

Livonia, MI

#8 Jul 9, 2012
kev wrote:
The detroit river is dredged for big freighters.not in our lifetime will it become empty of water.
The reference to walking on it had to do with pollution rather than depth. HOpe this helps.
Hillbillies

Clinton Township, MI

#9 Jul 9, 2012
Kingfish esq wrote:
... but the mountain folk will pee all their beer out and it will flow down stream to Detroit water intake. Let them stink.
Your right. Good point.

Maybe we can repeal the new fireworks ordinances so they can have 4th of July every night, then at least they will just smell like gun powder and smoke.
Bridgeing the Gap

Farmington, MI

#10 Jul 9, 2012
kev wrote:
The detroit river is dredged for big freighters.not in our lifetime will it become empty of water.
You missed the point.
kev

Toledo, OH

#11 Jul 9, 2012
Nobody cares. Detroit has so many problems this is miniscule! A river in Cleveland became so polluted it caught on fire in 1969! I was never much for getting.punch lines anyways!
Pete

Livonia, MI

#12 Jul 9, 2012
kev wrote:
Nobody cares. Detroit has so many problems this is miniscule! A river in Cleveland became so polluted it caught on fire in 1969! I was never much for getting.punch lines anyways!
Whew! That's 43 years ago. It does take you awhile to catch on.
kev

Toledo, OH

#13 Jul 9, 2012
;Petey, why keep.responding? Catch on to what? R u an insecure individual or comedian that never made it! Noone cares Pete. Believe me!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Clair Shores Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MI Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in M... (Oct '10) 6 hr Amy 96
Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) 10 hr Go Blue Forever 128
Lexie 19 hr Pay attention 32
Mich. Man Charged With Pimping Daughter (Sep '06) Thu Dieter 98
what did Vitally do? (Oct '12) Thu Billy Smart 118
Sarah Roberts and Sterling Heights Fire Union (Sep '10) Wed Iron Mike 21
Pit bull bites 3-year-old girl on face in St. C... Sep 17 Warning 14
•••
•••

St. Clair Shores Jobs

•••
•••
•••

St. Clair Shores People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

St. Clair Shores News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in St. Clair Shores
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••