Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2012

Judged:

The director needs to resign. Services to clients are being compromised because of her political views. She is forcing her views on clients. This is not right.
Blue Ridge

Casar, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2012

A complete investigation is needed. All staff resigned and the clients' needs are being ignored. Director is promting her political agenda at the expense of the victims. She has no idea what she is doing. This is a war on victims in order for this director to gain herself a name.
Hillary

Iron Station, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2012

This program is about helping people who are abused. There has been nothing but problems since this new director arrived. Problems with the staff and now this false politcal agenda she is forcing the staff and clients to accept is too much.
John

Banner Elk, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2012

What political agenda?
Indeed

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2012

Her agenda does not include client services. Resign now!!
John

Banner Elk, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2012

What is the political agenda?
Zip Code

Casar, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2012

It should not matter if a staff person or client is a Democrat or Republican. I am not sure a client or staff could be at Safe Place and be a Republican.
Zip Code

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2012

I just read the District Attorney for Mitchell County signed a document that Amendment One does not impact domestic violence enforcement in any way. That was signed along with twenty plus others DA's. The Director of Mitchell County Safe Place must come forward and tell her board she gave them incorrect information and well as to her staff. You can not promote your political agenda with taxpayer's money. This is not your right. Stop the political games and serve your clients.
Thankful not to be you

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2012

Zip Code wrote:
I just read the District Attorney for Mitchell County signed a document that Amendment One does not impact domestic violence enforcement in any way. That was signed along with twenty plus others DA's. The Director of Mitchell County Safe Place must come forward and tell her board she gave them incorrect information and well as to her staff. You can not promote your political agenda with taxpayer's money. This is not your right. Stop the political games and serve your clients.
The Director of Safe Place read published material printed by the North Carolina Coalition Against Domestic Violence. That is their official position. The Mitchell County DA is either afraid to speak the truth because he's sucking up to the narrow minded bigots who live in Mitchell County, or he is blinded by being a narrow minded bigot himself.
Zip Code

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2012

Nineteen other District Attorney across the state signed this position. Are all of them wrong? Is everyone in their districts bigots? Do you not question politically charged materials that only attempts to further the cause of your Democrat Party? If you could stop thinking everyone in Mitchell County is a bigot or stupid, maybe you could help your clients more. You need to treat people with more respect. You can not use taxpayers' money and a nonprofit organziation to get Democrats elected to office.
Just me

Newland, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2012

Thankful not to be you wrote:
<quoted text>
The Director of Safe Place read published material printed by the North Carolina Coalition Against Domestic Violence. That is their official position. The Mitchell County DA is either afraid to speak the truth because he's sucking up to the narrow minded bigots who live in Mitchell County, or he is blinded by being a narrow minded bigot himself.
Or the DA actually knows the real deal and is not throwing up smoke and mirrors like the gay activists are doing. The opinion of the judiciary is that amendment 1 will not affect current laws on the books. It would only make it harder for activist judges to strike down the current laws regarding marriage. That's all. Either support it or don't. We get to vote on the eighth.
Zip Code

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

We need a director of Safe Place that cares about victims and services to victims. We do not need someone who cares about the Democrat Convention in NC and the repeal of Amendment One.
Counter Part

Spruce Pine, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2012

I wish the Director of Safe Place had the appropriate back groung to be director. She is so not qualified for this job.
French Broad

Spruce Pine, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2012

Does the Director of Mitchell County Safe Place live in mitchell County?
Furniture

Spruce Pine, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

We must have a director who cares about clients. How many hours in the last month has this director worked?
Eco

Spruce Pine, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

How is it possible to get services for the folks of Mitchell County since the Director does not care?
Really

Spruce Pine, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

It is not right to have a director who hates locals and thinks she is above them all. This director must go. How many hours on the job does this person work per work? How many hours does she even come into the office. The wolf is in the hen house.
Ash Williams

Spruce Pine, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Yeah she a miserable person that just want to make others as miserable as she is, but that's just pillow talk baby.
Safeplace Daughter

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

You people sure love to talk crap about people when you don't get your way. I've known every single person who works there the majority of my life. If you are unhappy with the services Safeplace provides then go somewhere else. The shelters in Avery, Mitchell and Yancey won't turn anybody away. Yes the Director lives in Mitchell County, she works close to 80 hours a week. Both the director and asst. director are busy with dealing with clients and dealing with the state to get better services for domestic violence victims. The Safeplace staff is a God send and if they can't help you it's either because A)you don't need help or B)the state won't allow it. If you don't like the director then talk to the asst. I know for a fact her political views DO NOT get in the way of her ability to help a woman. Trust me, those women go far beyond their means to truly help somebody.
Uh Oh

Spruce Pine, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

I wonder how safe the Safeplace Director's grand daughter was while the child's mother had her? And didn't mommy claim daddy was beating on her and the kids? And Safeplace Daughter, let's get real here for a minute. Let's talk about your real mother! TISK TISK TISK!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Spruce Pine Discussions

Search the Spruce Pine Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Keep Millan OUT of politics! 3 hr turncoat on the crooks 63
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 4 hr Test 49,880
Newland authorities investigate homicide after ... 7 hr twittley dee 28
crazy pepole 9 hr manup 5
Reo or Anthony for Sheriff? Mon Rolling 87
Sutton Foster, Colin Donnell and Joshua Henry "... Apr 16 Citizen 1
THe Attic-( Mitchell County Safeplace) Apr 11 Kerosene Drinker 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Spruce Pine Jobs

•••
•••