tn4life

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Anyone heard anymore news on them closing?
Duh

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Yup, they didn't pay taxes. Cash taken by IRS agents and told employees to leave. Locks changed. ALL GONE!!!
Taxes

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Robertson County resident

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Judged:

Hate to hear this. Hope that they are able to reopen. Lot of good people working there.
Hey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2012

Judged:

I hope they open back up too. The owner used to come into Wal-Mart all the time and he was really nice.
Gaga

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

Judged:

Hope they open soon. Best place in town to eat.
Wannano

Central City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

What has happened to The Depot. I click on the tennessean link and nothing came up. There is a sign on about nonpayment of taxes. What is going on? Can anyone tell me? Will they be reopened soon?
Questionable

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2012

The Tennessee Dep't of Revenue closed them for nonpayment of sales tax. They will reopen as soon as this issue is resolved.

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2012

Judged:

The Depot is not opening. They auctioned everything in the building off because of nonpayment!
wow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2012

Judged:

reply wrote:
The Depot is not opening. They auctioned everything in the building off because of nonpayment!
wow, and I heard the people that worked there can't get unemployment cause he didn't turn in their income :(
Wannano

Central City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

How much did they owe? This must have been going own for a long time. Does anyone know?

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

Judged:

It was in the Times...said he took a loss trying to open the second restaurant and couldn't recover fast enough.
Momma

Springfield, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

Judged:

I hate to hear it, I loved their Chili so much. Maybe he will open a new depot. Does anyone know if his house if up for sale yet?
Loyal diner

Bon Aqua, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2012

Judged:

If our family went out to eat in Springfield, more times than not, we went to the Depot. The food was excellent and the service was as well. It is a shame that all of this has happened and employees are now out of a job. Although, I am very fond of Doug Voise, he did not do things right. He had a thriving business there and even with his losses at the other restaurant he opened, he knew what he was doing was not only wrong, but criminal. Greed is a terrible quality to have. It gets you know where but down.
The Depot among others

Springfield, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2012

Judged:

Just because a business looks busy does not necessarily mean it is doing well. Bookkeeping is extremely important and not to be ignored. Most owners ignore their bookkeepers/accountants advices. May sometimes ignoring advice has something to do with who traditionally hold these roles, men and women. Men love taking risks and chances in business but ignore logic. We have an amazing freedom in this country to start any business we could possibly imagine, design and create, to make money, to create jobs for others and to create wealth for ourselves and families. Most people take this for granted and not ever take the risk to try to start a business. They accept their w-2 they receive every year, the disability check, the welfare check or live off others. I hate hearing other people tear each other down constantly on here. It gets me "no" where but down. It is an uneducated assumption claiming that greed was a reason why this happened to the Depot and that it was "thriving" . Restaurant business have a low margin of profit, there are no room for errors. Sometimes business owners try to grow too fast, take too many chances. All good businesses have a Ying/Yang effect. Sales v. Accounting. Risk takers v. bean counters. A balance. Both are essential factors for a productive business. Great food, great atmosphere. But nobody was obviously paying attention to the bottom line or the bookkeeping. Ying but no Yang. Get a Yang next time and try again. Life is a learning lesson. The Depot is/was an asset to the city of Springfield this I do know.
tn4life

Concord, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2012

Judged:

I heard some investors from Springfield are going to get Doug out of this mess. Anyone else heard this or any other news?
Robertson County resident

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2012

I was told that there was a sign on the door saying that they were now hiring.
gracious

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2012

I heard someone else was opening it up
happy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2012

It's on rctimes.com . They are reopening without Doug, and they are hiring. I heard a big wig bought it and is going to have Story run it.
Hey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

The Depot among others wrote:
Just because a business looks busy does not necessarily mean it is doing well. Bookkeeping is extremely important and not to be ignored. Most owners ignore their bookkeepers/accountants advices. May sometimes ignoring advice has something to do with who traditionally hold these roles, men and women. Men love taking risks and chances in business but ignore logic. We have an amazing freedom in this country to start any business we could possibly imagine, design and create, to make money, to create jobs for others and to create wealth for ourselves and families. Most people take this for granted and not ever take the risk to try to start a business. They accept their w-2 they receive every year, the disability check, the welfare check or live off others. I hate hearing other people tear each other down constantly on here. It gets me "no" where but down. It is an uneducated assumption claiming that greed was a reason why this happened to the Depot and that it was "thriving" . Restaurant business have a low margin of profit, there are no room for errors. Sometimes business owners try to grow too fast, take too many chances. All good businesses have a Ying/Yang effect. Sales v. Accounting. Risk takers v. bean counters. A balance. Both are essential factors for a productive business. Great food, great atmosphere. But nobody was obviously paying attention to the bottom line or the bookkeeping. Ying but no Yang. Get a Yang next time and try again. Life is a learning lesson. The Depot is/was an asset to the city of Springfield this I do know.
Thank you for that information because I was thinking that The Depot was always busy and how could they not afford to pay their taxes. Anyways, hope all is resolved now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Springfield Forum right now

Search the Springfield Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 1 hr Irving 141,540
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 2 hr Zeke 8,980
Screwed at Sonic 10 hr That Cool 8
krogers doesn't like foodstamp shoppers or low ... (May '12) 14 hr Watching 108
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 23 hr jarda 8,594
Pill heads Mon That Cool 5
Trustee Election Jul 27 Vote for Poontang 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Springfield Jobs

•••