Antigay Preacher Scott Lively Brings His Unique Message of Hate to Missouri

Jul 16, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Advocate

"Preacher" Scott Lively hates gay people so much he traveled from his home in Springfield, Mass.

Comments
1 - 20 of 122 Comments Last updated Aug 18, 2012
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
aur56

Aurora, MO

#1 Jul 17, 2012
Well, he should move on out of this area. Hate is nothing a "preacher" should be talking about. In case he doesn't know this, Jesus didn't hate anyone,ever.Christians are not supposed to hate ,regardless of what it is. And why is he focused only on gays? Why not hate on ALL sinners, thieves,adulterers,liars,on the list goes.
guest

United States

#2 Jul 17, 2012
There are some whom God hates, at least according to the bible.

Psalm 5:5 The boastful will not stand before your eyes; you hate all evildoers.

Psalm 11:5 The LORD tests the righteous and the wicked, and his soul hates the lover of violence.

Malachi 1:3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

“Indeed, I am!”

Since: Feb 09

As if it mattered . . .

#3 Jul 17, 2012
Mr Lively's inflammatory and mendacious rhetoric are why his group was designated by the SPLC as an anti-gay hate group. No one is promoting "sexual anarchy." That's ridiculous! No one is asking for any laws that violate families. LGBT people are NOT a disease like chicken pox! And yes, sodomy IS a civil right since any kind of sex between two consenting adults, per the Supreme Court, is protected per Lawrence v. Texas, 539 U.S. 558 (2003). Mr Lively seems to forget that straight people engage in sodomy as wll.

This man is a liar. He uses words to hurt people! He tries to oppress LGBT people because of some biblical justification for a personal prejudice. The people of Springfield should dismiss his opinions and disavow his agenda.

Adding sexual orientation and gender identity is the right thing to do. A great many other jurisdictions in the US have already done so and no one has been hurt except for those who want to continue to harm fellow citizens with unfair and oppressive discrimination. Springfield, call your city representatives and tell them to support this vital change in the law. Then tell Lively to go home and shut up!

“Resident Husky”

Since: Aug 09

Ralphie

#4 Jul 17, 2012
@guest in post #2

You fail to realize that the bible was written over 2000 years ago and isn't a guideline for the people who are bringing about change for a greater good.
guest

United States

#5 Jul 17, 2012
Punnchy wrote:
@guest in post #2
You fail to realize that the bible was written over 2000 years ago and isn't a guideline for the people who are bringing about change for a greater good.
Actually the entire New Testament was written less than 2000 years ago, and the moral principles of the Bible are the very foundation for societal law.

Maybe you should bone up on the topic before making foolish proclamations about a subject you obvsiouly know little about.
guest

United States

#6 Jul 17, 2012
Emelye Waldherr wrote:
Springfield, call your city representatives and tell them to support this vital change in the law. Then tell Lively to go home and shut up!
You are a hypocrite. While you want to use the law to justify deviant and perverted behavior, you seek to deny those with whom you disagree the very right to free speech that the law secures.

Those who engage in homosexual behavior do so by their own free choice, and therefore willingly invite society's disdain. As the saying goes, if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
SLIF

Scarborough, Canada

#7 Jul 17, 2012
Why don't these people just choose to live in a log cabin in the woods?

“Resident Husky”

Since: Aug 09

Ralphie

#8 Jul 17, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the entire New Testament was written less than 2000 years ago, and the moral principles of the Bible are the very foundation for societal law.
Maybe you should bone up on the topic before making foolish proclamations about a subject you obvsiouly know little about.
Still too long ago, and society, as a whole, has and will get along without a really old book. Also, nice spelling of obviously :p
aur56

Aurora, MO

#9 Jul 18, 2012
Bigotry in the name of religion is still bigotry...
guest

United States

#10 Jul 18, 2012
Opposing obscene and perverse behavior is not bigotry.

“Resident Husky”

Since: Aug 09

Ralphie

#11 Jul 18, 2012
guest wrote:
Opposing obscene and perverse behavior is not bigotry.
Such a funny opinion. How wrong you are....

“Indeed, I am!”

Since: Feb 09

As if it mattered . . .

#12 Jul 19, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a hypocrite. While you want to use the law to justify deviant and perverted behavior, you seek to deny those with whom you disagree the very right to free speech that the law secures.
Those who engage in homosexual behavior do so by their own free choice, and therefore willingly invite society's disdain. As the saying goes, if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
First of all, I do not accept your faulty judgment calling same sex attraction deviant and perverted. Your use of that kind of rhetoric puts you in the same league as "Rev" Lively. I have the right, as do all American citizens, to free speech as well. Lively cannot expect to use the kind of language he does without replies in kind.

Bigots like Lively who engage in hate speech do so by their own free choice, and therefore willingly invite society's disdain. As the saying goes, if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

“Indeed, I am!”

Since: Feb 09

As if it mattered . . .

#13 Jul 19, 2012
guest wrote:
Opposing obscene and perverse behavior is not bigotry.
Your premise is faulty. Calling a benign behavior and inherent sexual orientation that causes no harm, "obscene and perverse behavior" is blatantly bigoted. Do you have any arguments that don't involve ad hominem attacks or is that all ya got?
guest

United States

#14 Jul 20, 2012
Emelye Waldherr wrote:
I do not accept your faulty judgment calling same sex attraction deviant and perverted.
You can refuse to accept that the sun rises in the East too, but it doesn't change the fact.
Your use of that kind of rhetoric puts you in the same league as "Rev" Lively.
I don't use rhetoric, I use facts. Society has ever held in contempt deviant and perverted sexual behavior such as homosexuality. Those who willingly choose to engage in that type of behavior are also choosing the disdain that comes with it.
I have the right, as do all American citizens, to free speech as well.
In your earlier post you expressly stated that you wanted to prevent the free speech of those with whom you disagree. Now you're singing a different tune.
Bigots like Lively who engage in hate speech do so by their own free choice, and therefore willingly invite society's disdain. As the saying goes, if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
I'm sure Lively allows the disdain of you and others to roll right off his back.
guest

United States

#15 Jul 20, 2012
Emelye Waldherr wrote:
Calling a benign behavior and inherent sexual orientation that causes no harm, "obscene and perverse behavior" is blatantly bigoted.
No, it's blatantly factual.
Do you have any arguments that don't involve ad hominem attacks or is that all ya got?
I haven't engaged in ad hominem attacks. I've attacked a perverted behavior that some people willingly engage in. That's no more of a personal attack than saying pedophilia or bestiality is perverted.

Some people do some very sick things. That doesn't mean society has to accept and condone it.

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#16 Jul 20, 2012
guest wrote:
There are some whom God hates, at least according to the bible.
Psalm 5:5 The boastful will not stand before your eyes; you hate all evildoers.
Psalm 11:5 The LORD tests the righteous and the wicked, and his soul hates the lover of violence.
Malachi 1:3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.
I agree. And did not Jesus beat and whip people in the temple with whom He disagreed ?

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#17 Jul 20, 2012
don't worry scott... i'm coming for you

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#18 Jul 20, 2012
for whom the bell tolls
guest

United States

#19 Jul 20, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
And did not Jesus beat and whip people in the temple with whom He disagreed ?
No, he didn't beat or whip anyone. He did run the moneychangers out of the temple for their sacreligious activities. Too bad we don't see more of that in our churches today.

“Meh”

Since: Jan 11

Under your bed

#20 Jul 20, 2012
guest wrote:
Opposing obscene and perverse behavior is not bigotry.
Who desides what is obscene and perverse?

Is doggy style obscene and perverse?

What about girl on top?

Oral sex?

Anal?

If you beat off to lesbian porn in the privacy of your own home is that obscene and perverse?

How are we going to know if someone is committing obscene, perverse acts in thier home? Do you plan a putting cameras in everyone's home so you can watch them Big Brother?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Springfield Three 1992 (Sep '13) 3 min Rusty 8,157
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 7 min RayOne 1,834
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 8 min REAL AMERICAN PAT... 97,075
Three missing women at Cox South (Oct '06) 2 hr Dog Man 8,738
The best strip club in town (Jul '13) 3 hr jed 12
Obama Sucks The Sweat off of a Dead Man's Balls 4 hr Dog Man 12
Wood's Attorney Wants Trial Moved 9 hr MisPatti 9
•••
•••
Springfield Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Springfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Springfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Springfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Springfield
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••