Comments
1 - 20 of 62 Comments Last updated Dec 21, 2010
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
asdf

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 5, 2010
 
I was wondering if anyone knows where to get help getting gifts for your kids for christmas. Times are really hard and we could really use some help. This is our first christmas outside the hospital. If you have any info please let me know. any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Since: Jul 10

Hayfield, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 5, 2010
 

Judged:

1

asdf wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knows where to get help getting gifts for your kids for christmas. Times are really hard and we could really use some help. This is our first christmas outside the hospital. If you have any info please let me know. any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
What do you mean " outside the hospital "

Newborn child ?

“I steal free samples.”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 6, 2010
 
TJohn wrote:
<quoted text>What do you mean " outside the hospital "
Newborn child ?
no, disabled.
asdf

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 6, 2010
 
TJohn wrote:
<quoted text>What do you mean " outside the hospital "
Newborn child ?
No i have a disabled little one. and this is our first christamas that we wont have to be admitted. well hopefully he doesn't get sick before then. but do you know anywhere?
asdf

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 6, 2010
 
Tayzyah wrote:
<quoted text>
no, disabled.
yes, he is. do you have any info?

Since: Jul 10

Hayfield, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 6, 2010
 
asdf wrote:
<quoted text>
No i have a disabled little one. and this is our first christamas that we wont have to be admitted. well hopefully he doesn't get sick before then. but do you know anywhere?
United Way
Salvation Army
USAD
Memphis Childrens Hospital

Since you have access to the internet, goggle ask.com Then ask for the help you need for your child. I`m pretty sure you will come up with about a thousand sites that will help you with christmas presents.
around here

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

there isnt any programs publiclly that are doing anything bcause all the people who donated and helped got burned by ungrateful parents and kids and are tired of spending our own hard earned money on people who have plenty. not asdf in partiduclar, but mos people who ask for this help have lotsa money for smokes and partying then cray for help for free presents. i work my a$$ off but never asked for any help. they are my kids not the communities. and btw christmas is NOT about how many gifts you get. we have taught our kids to be materialistic and tat isn't the meaning of christmas. being at home frm te hospital is a pretty good gift?
Dude

Mcminnville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

around here wrote:
there isnt any programs publiclly that are doing anything bcause all the people who donated and helped got burned by ungrateful parents and kids and are tired of spending our own hard earned money on people who have plenty. not asdf in partiduclar, but mos people who ask for this help have lotsa money for smokes and partying then cray for help for free presents. i work my a$$ off but never asked for any help. they are my kids not the communities. and btw christmas is NOT about how many gifts you get. we have taught our kids to be materialistic and tat isn't the meaning of christmas. being at home frm te hospital is a pretty good gift?
Before you think about giving away any money, you should invest in an English and spelling class.
asdf

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 6, 2010
 
around here wrote:
there isnt any programs publiclly that are doing anything bcause all the people who donated and helped got burned by ungrateful parents and kids and are tired of spending our own hard earned money on people who have plenty. not asdf in partiduclar, but mos people who ask for this help have lotsa money for smokes and partying then cray for help for free presents. i work my a$$ off but never asked for any help. they are my kids not the communities. and btw christmas is NOT about how many gifts you get. we have taught our kids to be materialistic and tat isn't the meaning of christmas. being at home frm te hospital is a pretty good gift?
yea, that is the best gift of all. and i understand what you say about people abusing it. and no its not about the presents my kids receive, but it does hurt that they will have nothing.
asdf

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 6, 2010
 
TJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
United Way
Salvation Army
USAD
Memphis Childrens Hospital
Since you have access to the internet, goggle ask.com Then ask for the help you need for your child. I`m pretty sure you will come up with about a thousand sites that will help you with christmas presents.
thank you!
TJohn

Mcminnville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 6, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

And if your kids are hungry, call me - Tim Johnson. Look me up in the Sparta phone book. I've stated several times on here that I will not let kids go hungry.

Just pick up the phone.

“Reload, Americans”

Since: May 10

The Rabbit Done Died

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

around here wrote:
there isnt any programs publiclly that are doing anything bcause all the people who donated and helped got burned by ungrateful parents and kids and are tired of spending our own hard earned money on people who have plenty. not asdf in partiduclar, but mos people who ask for this help have lotsa money for smokes and partying then cray for help for free presents. i work my a$$ off but never asked for any help. they are my kids not the communities. and btw christmas is NOT about how many gifts you get. we have taught our kids to be materialistic and tat isn't the meaning of christmas. being at home frm te hospital is a pretty good gift?
And there was no reason to throw that crap in, you old Scrooge. I wish folks like you would just crawl away somewhere. Dang.
retired firefighter

Morrison, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 6, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

TJohn wrote:
And if your kids are hungry, call me - Tim Johnson. Look me up in the Sparta phone book. I've stated several times on here that I will not let kids go hungry.
Just pick up the phone.
the world needs more people like you
Peanuts

Rock Island, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 6, 2010
 
asdf wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, he is. do you have any info?
Do you live om the moutain in the bon Air or Bondecroft area? If you do I have some Hasbro toys called transformers. I am donating them. contact me at vajoh@blomand.net
Hungry children

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

retired firefighter wrote:
<quoted text>
the world needs more people like you
Lets hope he is for real,and not just tooting his own horn.Fairly sure he is also a retired firefighter,from same area.

Since: Nov 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 6, 2010
 
My wife and I were helped tremendously by a very giving, caring person from here. We can't thank this person enough. We are volunteering our time in an attempt to repay the generosity shown to us.

There are some very real, very caring people here. Ashame so many others make this place what it has become.

If this helps, there is now an angel tree in Walmart. Please look into adding your children's names to it.

Since: Jul 10

Hayfield, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

TJohn wrote:
And if your kids are hungry, call me - Tim Johnson. Look me up in the Sparta phone book. I've stated several times on here that I will not let kids go hungry.
Just pick up the phone.
Do not listen to this imposter. I did say I would help children in Sparta IF any child in the area were " starving ". The whole point was to prove that there are NO CHILDREN in Sparta starving. Do NOT call the Tim Johnson in the phone book because I`m pretty sure he will call you crazy. My phone is not listed.
The offer still stands by the way. If anybody can show me children in White Co that are " starving " I would be the first in line to help but DO NOT call the Tim Johnson in the phone book. Wrong Tim Johnson

Since: Jul 10

Hayfield, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 6, 2010
 
Adair74 wrote:
My wife and I were helped tremendously by a very giving, caring person from here. We can't thank this person enough. We are volunteering our time in an attempt to repay the generosity shown to us.
There are some very real, very caring people here. Ashame so many others make this place what it has become.
If this helps, there is now an angel tree in Walmart. Please look into adding your children's names to it.
That would be the Salvation Army program. I use to work for SA in that program. Very good program. I would ask that everybody pick up at least 2 angels. Another good program I forgot to add is Toys for Tots run by, I think , the Marines.
Dude

Mcminnville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

TJohn wrote:
<quoted text>Do not listen to this imposter. I did say I would help children in Sparta IF any child in the area were " starving ". The whole point was to prove that there are NO CHILDREN in Sparta starving. Do NOT call the Tim Johnson in the phone book because I`m pretty sure he will call you crazy. My phone is not listed.
The offer still stands by the way. If anybody can show me children in White Co that are " starving " I would be the first in line to help but DO NOT call the Tim Johnson in the phone book. Wrong Tim Johnson
Wow TJohn, you interpret life the same way you interpret your Bible. Only you can understand it.

So let us get this straight: You offer to help starving children, but only as long as there are no starving children.

You're a strange person, Tim Johnson. Last time you were telling everyone your name, you also said you were in the phone book. I say we all give Tim Johnson a call.
SOMEONE WHO KNOWS

Rock Island, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Dec 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

maybe some of you should turn out on wednesday to the area churches who fix meals and maybe then you would see how many children in white county are going hungry it truly is heart breaking.. I have feed many of these children and know they are hungry maybe not starving to your standards but any hungry child is a pittiful sight so maybe You (TJohn) could offer your help at local churches with donations or food baskets for needy families...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

52 Users are viewing the Sparta Forum right now

Search the Sparta Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 6 min Vet 141,462
Wcms Football Meeting 2 hr Agree 15
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 3 hr jarda 8,594
Time and Place for Everything 7 hr TTH 52
Alleged armed robber captured Female (Oct '10) 9 hr iHaveBeenAVictim 30
Ask Becky 10 hr REO 26
Matt Swallows was against wheel tax in Putnam c... 10 hr DesperateMeasures 5
Mark Payne ? 16 hr 831SPA 4
2 Faced white county republicans 21 hr REO 41
•••
•••
•••
•••

Sparta Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Sparta People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Sparta News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Sparta
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••