Double Murder-Suicide Rocks Small Illinois Town

Full story: Fox2Now

A shocking crime hits a small Illinois town. Three bodies were found inside one home and now the Randolph County Sheriff's Department is investigating what happened.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
maxine2u

Scott Air Force Base, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2009

The family is in my prayers. Sometimes as sad as it is good people go bad or just become sick with depression and grief.
Rodney Maguire

Paris, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2009

My thoughts and prayers are with the community of Coulterville & the family that lost their loved ones.
dmh

White Haven, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2009

Judged:

Just a thought....maybe they should squash this for the sake of his widow and the 2 children involved! Its hard enough to go through this without the media being right there. Thank you so much Channel 2 for being on the street with your cameras when we arrived back at the house...much appreciated! Something terrible happened and we all have to deal with it but most of all, we need to pull together and comfort the survivors....please remember that before you think about yourself!
Kristie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2009

Judged:

And my thoughts and prayers go out to the love ones
Ann Howard

Fairview Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2009

I am from that town i knew that man, does'nt seem like soemthing hewould do. MY HEART & PRAYERS GO OUT TO THE FAMILIES. they will be missed.....
whiskyman

Memphis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2009

Who know's why a decent and alway's friendly guy,seem's too snap and do something like this.Perhap's it's the fast pace of living in this high Tec world.Filled with the worst economy any of us have ever had to go through.
Life can (and does) get hectic at time's,but there's alway's something better coming around the bend.A person just has to grit his/her teeth,and try to hang on for a few more day's,and maybe just maybe we'll see a light at the end of this long,and black tunnel.
My heart felt prayer's,Tear's,and sympthy goes out to his family,friend's and loved one's..
zam

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2009

Judged:

I am related to the young man that caused this terrible tragedy. And it truly was a shock to the family!!! Never would this have been something anyone thought he was capable of doing. Now there are many people hurting. And 2 small children left without a Dad.

Those with rude comments - may this never happen to one of your loved ones. I sure never thought it would happen to one of mine!!
Catherine Hatley

Waianae, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2009

I am Friends with the Mother-in-law and Father-in-laws son! this is so Horriable! I don't remeber there 1st names, i just call them Mrs, and Mr Carrol...:( they were so sweet! They don't even live in coultervill, they live in marissa!! there is to much to say, they were both really talented at art. They would come to Marissa Jr/Sr High school and show everyone there art pieces. This is so Devastating to think of! Mrs, carrol was so sweet and nice! And Mr. Carrol was really funny! Mr. Carrol went with our Art class to the Botanical Gardens last year! Thats were i got to know him the best! There is really to much to say, about these wounderful people! I already know the whole story! The news always gets things wrong! but, I hate people tha drink! that is what lead to this horriable Murder! I am just going to see if the news can get the story right tomorrow! I just ask for everyone that reads this, Keep them in your paryers!
Diana

Chillicothe, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2009

This is so sad,for the whole community
janet

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2009

it was a shock to all ive known stanley for years he will b missed
sister

Mount Vernon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2009

Judged:

To Catherine Hatley (Comment #15)
With all of the investigating going on into this
tragic event, you "hit the nail on the head" with
one word: drinking.
Alcohol abuse causes more tragedy than anything
else I can think of. It's gasoline on a fire.
This argument between a married couple would not
have escalated into domestic violence and eventually, murder & suicide, if alcohol had not
been a contributing factor.
cousinitt

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2009

SISTER: To a degree, I tend to agree with you regarding alcohol. I am not an educated person, but I really fee, down deep, that a person already has this in their mind for some time before they do the crime, alcoho; related or not. True, I think that alcohol may have been the last straw, but... As a matter of fact, about 26 years ago, I had a very good friend call me one Sunday afternoon. He wanted to go motorcycle riding. It was a very nice, warm March day. I was going to go and then remembered that I had something else to do. I told him I had to pass. He almost begged me to go with him. I didn't. About 3 hours later, I found out he commited suicide. He had left a suicide note, dated 2 days earlier. Maybe, just maybe, had I went riding with him, he still may be alive today or not. Point is, I think that once a person has their mind set on murder/suicide, they will eventually do it.
damien hood

Marissa, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2009

Judged:

That cracka was always crazy i would always smoke crack with him damn that sucks he owes me money too
Christine

Centralia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2009

Judged:

You weren't there for their wedding, cheering the love of a young couple.
You weren't there for the birthdays, anniversaries and barbeques over the years
You weren't there as they struggled and then overcame adversity as a loving couple.
You showed up at the end with cameras and reporters looking for people to interview and maybe a gruesome picture or two to aire on television. You call that journalism. I call it morbid.
Brian was a loving and doting father. Brian was a loving and caring husband devoted to his wife, children, family and friends.
If the news groups stopped gawking at the train wrecks everyday, we as a society would be better off.
The Morrison family is in my prayers for healing and renewal.
linglewoman

Troy, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2009

Judged:

Has anyone considered that maybe this was a triple murder? not a double murder-suiside. If this young man was the man they say he was perhaps they should be looking harder at the survivors??????
dmh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2009

Judged:

linglewoman,
If you knew the details you would not have posted that.

Christine,
That was the best comment I've read in the past 2 days...I agree completely. Thank you!

I also would like to add that Misti herself is a wonderful and amazing person. I hurt for her every minute. God bless them!
LTH

Equality, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2009

Judged:

#21 You should be locked up. Anyone that didn't know these folks and has bad comments should just keepem to yourself. Or go to hell!!!
DLS

Guttenberg, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2009

Judged:

My family has been friends of this family for 23 yrs,we knew jc carroll and we met tammy and the kids when they moved to england.This family has been through so much in the past years and could really use the support of people who care not the negative and doubting comments. Please keep this family in your prayer they will need every single one in the coming weeks when all this dies down and the rest of us are going about our lives and they are left to deal with the tragedy.
Unknown

Sparta, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2009

Judged:

Im friends with Jc Carrol. Known him since 6th grade..im not gonna say much about the murders and the suicide cause honestly who can really know it all but them. All I know is that something terriable has happend that shouldn't. Two kids left with out there Dad, teens with out their parents..its horrific. No one deserves such torcher....Contribute to J.C Carrols College fund..even a few dollars might buy him something. Lets try to build up the Morrison and the Carrols Lifes again?
leo and sarah stofferahn

Odin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2009

Judged:

prayers and love to the families suffering thru this horrible tradgedy!to all the newspaper people back the hell off and let these for folks mourn!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sparta Discussions

Search the Sparta Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 18 min jimtownhounddogsniffing 3,784
Julie Seymour 13 hr mygod 92
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 18 hr Chicagobunny 47,069
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 19 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 6,537
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) Sat Be kuel 505
Thomas Tindall Sat hlgsrvv 9
the dump (Dec '11) Fri thesameoldnwise 949
•••
•••
•••
•••

Sparta Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Sparta People Search