Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

#144199 Jun 3, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
I would laugh, but I bet you're serious.
Dan and Bill do too! So you're in good company. Bet you feel proud. YUK!YUK!YUK!

Since: Oct 11

Beggs, OK

#144200 Jun 3, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
once again you prove yourself a moron..........LOL
Are you really that stupid????
A black person being forced to sit in the back of the bus does not have all of the same rights now do they???
I said gays should have all of the same rights..........LOL
Do you see now how stupid your comparison is?????????
A proper comparison would ..that the black man can sit anywhere he wants in the bus with all of the same rights as any white person on the bus but we we will not call him a white person but a black person..........ROTFLMAO
thanks for proving me right and you a moron
So tell me what is wrong with the black man getting equal rights on the bus but white people are not forced to call him white????
How are you making that argument when the courts just decided that gays are being denied equal rights by not being able to access marriage benefits?

Beggs, OK

#144201 Jun 3, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>

A proper comparison would ..that the black man can sit anywhere he wants in the bus with all of the same rights as any white person on the bus but we we will not call him a white person but a black person..........ROTFLMAO
So I guess a proper comparison would be that a gay couple can get married anywhere in the US, with the same rights as any other married couple, and it's not called a straight marriage, it's called a gay marriage..........ROTFLMAO
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#144205 Jun 3, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
The beginning of people? People have been around much longer than your Adam&Eve myth. Don't be ridiculous.
if you say so, they still were male and female you dummy. You just don't get it do you???? your gay responses are stale

“Out and Proud”

Since: Dec 10

Concord, California

#144209 Jun 3, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
if you say so, they still were male and female you dummy. You just don't get it do you???? your gay responses are stale
Can i ask 1 simple question Bruno?

“Can't help being fabulous”

Sparkle <3

#144210 Jun 3, 2012
[QUOTE who="Here Is One. "]<quoted text>
31 states to 5 states does make you the small hate group
And people like rose ho prove that every time he posts[/QUOTE]

How am I a hate group when i'm supporting a cause which promotes equality and peace?

It's opinions such as the one you harbour which leads to violence and persecution.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Mexico

#144212 Jun 3, 2012
Cheyenne277 wrote:
<quoted text>How are you making that argument when the courts just decided that gays are being denied equal rights by not being able to access marriage benefits?
correct as they are not asking for equal rights
They are attempting to change the meaning of the word marriage

Back to your bus........LOL

They can sit anywhere on the bus but they did not try and force us to change the meaning of the word white

“Facts”

Mexico

#144213 Jun 3, 2012
Cheyenne277 wrote:
<quoted text>So I guess a proper comparison would be that a gay couple can get married anywhere in the US, with the same rights as any other married couple, and it's not called a straight marriage, it's called a gay marriage..........ROTFLMAO
do we call black people white black people????

Do we call a women a man woman??

Beggs, OK

#144214 Jun 3, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Hermaphrodites aren't. Neither are people with over 20 different conditions that give them the PHYSICAL characteristics of BOTH male and female.

Beggs, OK

#144215 Jun 3, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
correct as they are not asking for equal rights
They are attempting to change the meaning of the word marriage
Back to your bus........LOL
They can sit anywhere on the bus but they did not try and force us to change the meaning of the word white
Wrong, idiot. We all know what you'd say to a friend that had never heard of civil unions and asked what it meant. You'd reply "Oh it's when gays get M A R R I E D". DUH.

Marriage means two people making a commitment to spend their lives together. End of story. There's no need to invent a new word for it. We already have one. "Marriage". You just want your special rights.

Beggs, OK

#144216 Jun 3, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Do we call a straight marriage a gay marriage? NO. But we call them both marriage. Your dumb argument fails.

The days for your special rights are numbered. We're on a countdown.

Beggs, OK

#144217 Jun 3, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Do we call black couples white couples?

Do we call straight marriage gay marriage?

What's your dumb point?

“Facts”

Mexico

#144218 Jun 3, 2012
Cheyenne277 wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong, idiot. We all know what you'd say to a friend that had never heard of civil unions and asked what it meant. You'd reply "Oh it's when gays get M A R R I E D". DUH.

Marriage means two people making a commitment to spend their lives together. End of story. There's no need to invent a new word for it. We already have one. "Marriage". You just want your special rights.
please tell us how you are sure what another person thinks or will say???
Specially coming from some one as abnormal as you???

Marriage is a civil union between a man and a woman and 31 states now agree with me and say you are a liar

“Facts”

Mexico

#144219 Jun 3, 2012
Cheyenne277 wrote:
<quoted text>Do we call a straight marriage a gay marriage? NO. But we call them both marriage. Your dumb argument fails.

The days for your special rights are numbered. We're on a countdown.
31 states now say there is no such thing..........LOL

And very soon the federal constitution will define a marriage as between ana and a woman.......

“Facts”

Mexico

#144220 Jun 3, 2012
Cheyenne277 wrote:
<quoted text>Do we call black couples white couples?

Do we call straight marriage gay marriage?

What's your dumb point?
the phrase gay marriage is like saying a black white person

We are gaining numbers every day and we are very close to the number needed to amend the constitution to define marriage between a man and a woman

And I thank the rose ho every day for all of the hard work he does helping us

He does not ever get up until after noon but we should get some more help from him soon
NEW

Owatonna, MN

#144221 Jun 3, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
31 states now say there is no such thing..........LOL
And very soon the federal constitution will define a marriage as between ana and a woman.......
LOL....No the supreme court in the near future will CRUSH your nazi fascist unconstitutional same sex marriage bans....Keep thinking you will win because what is RIGHT AND CONSTITUTIONAL AND FREEDOM BASED AND EQUALITY BASED ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS WINS HITLER LOVER!!!!!!!!!!

Beggs, OK

#144222 Jun 3, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is a civil union between a man and a woman and 31 states now agree with me and say you are a liar
Rigghhht. Put that one out in a poll. "I agree that marriage is a civil union between a man and a woman." You'd have tons of people saying they disagree just because they now equate civil unions with gay marriage. You're an idiot.

Beggs, OK

#144223 Jun 3, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the phrase gay marriage is like saying a black person or a white person...you're just too dishonest and stupid to admit it.

“Out and Proud”

Concord, California

#144224 Jun 3, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
what give you the right to call someone abnormal. For all we know you are crazy. WAIT you are. you're 31 states mean sh!t they can't do anything they dont have the number it's all going to come down to the supreme court and what they rule and when they rule in our favor I guess well be pushing you back into the closet huh no more loud mouth dummy on the fourm saying that gay people are this and gay people are that. I wont have to listen to your lies and slander when you can't speak the truth even when you must. You are a very sad person with no real friends and family.

“Out and Proud”

Concord, California

#144225 Jun 3, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
We are gaining numbers every day and we are very close to the number needed to amend the constitution to define marriage between a man and a woman
And I thank the rose ho every day for all of the hard work he does helping us
He does not ever get up until after noon but we should get some more help from him soon
No you dummy you are loseing numbers every day are you blind or something.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South San Francisco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr truth told 19,572
Oakland police protesters smash windows, vandal... 5 hr Thanks Oakland 3
africa23 - _tel od out lo in protest is spy whyte 17 hr africhaiti 1
Comparisons: What $3,300/Month Rents You in San... 18 hr Citizen 11
Hell's Angels Leader Found Murdered (Sep '08) 19 hr Citizen 79
Can't wait to leave the Bay Area 19 hr L Morales 4
Quan's Legacy. (Apr '14) Fri OMF 87

South San Francisco News Video

More from around the web

South San Francisco People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

South San Francisco News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in South San Francisco