curious

Hixson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2009

I am trying to research the 1960s murder of Carolyn Havron. Does anyone know where I can access some info? and also,why is this so hard to find? It's like everything on it has vanished.
snooks

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Wow! Talk about a blast from the past! Didn't this happen like about 1964? It would really surprise me if any paperwork on this wasn't shredded shortly after the murder. At any rate, if you learn anything - I for one would like to hear about it.
curious

Hixson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

I have asked about this subject mant times and never get a response. Why doesn't anyone talk about it?
lucydye

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

I remember my mother talking about this when I was a little girl. I was always very interested in the subject, but was told nobody talked about it much.Wasn't she killed in her home? I have forgotten so much of the story, seems I remember her son was there when it happened, but Dr. Havron was out that night.
hibldslady

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

My mom talked about this alot. I went to school with their youngest son. There was alot speculation about what happened and I don't think that the police ever found the killer. The youngest son was in the house at the time and he was the one that found his mom. I don't know if she was still alive when he found her or not. You could probably check the archives of the Chattanooga Free Press and the paper for South Pittsburg, The Hustler. If anything is still available that would be where to look, local papers.
mp welch

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2009

I was the best friend of her daughter. We were in boarding school in Cullman, Alabama. It was the most horrific episode of my (and I assume many of our classmates)"childhood ". I had visited their home and knew her brothers. They were wonderful, kind, normal people. This episode changed everyone who knew them, and those who lived in South Pittsburg, forever. We have talked about it since and Cindy seems to think she knows who the murderer was, he is dead now. He never confessed, but he was an alcoholic and he was afraid of Carolyn because of discovery of "cooking the books" or fraud, or whatever.
GeneralHookey

Smyrna, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2009

I would like to know more about this as well. I was always under the impression that her husband murdered her b/c he was having a seperate affair and wanted her out of the way...
verilyisay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2009

GeneralHookey wrote:
I would like to know more about this as well. I was always under the impression that her husband murdered her b/c he was having a seperate affair and wanted her out of the way...
I had the same impression. I heard the gun was thrown off bridge in Chatt (maybe Walnut St?) but that officials were unable to retrieve same, although they tried.
Devin

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2009

What was the address or close direction. Oh yeah, what is the story.??I am good at digging
sp resident

Shelbyville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2009

GeneralHookey wrote:
I know the woman he was having the affair with. She is still alive & has a son by him. She lives in Bridgeport. I think she was questioned numerous times as to being involved in this woman's death, but they never could prove anything.
General Hookey

Smyrna, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2009

As far as I know, the murder took place at the Havron House at the end of Dogwood Trail which can be accessed by Raulstontown Road. The house has burned but the concrete pool with a two story structure over it is still standing. We used to go up there at night in high school b/c it was supposed to be haunted. I didn't believe in hauntings and stuff like that till I had something crazy happen to me there. I'm a believer now... Anyone know anything about green eyes???
curious

Hixson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2009

Who is this woman?
sp resident wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the woman he was having the affair with. She is still alive & has a son by him. She lives in Bridgeport. I think she was questioned numerous times as to being involved in this woman's death, but they never could prove anything.
curious

Hixson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2009

no, but my friends and I would go there as well. Ever smell roses in the dead of winter? That was another popular legend, or possibility. Always been fascinated with it, I went there to the property a few months ago, nothing was still standing and the land is for sale.Anyone know any details please let me know. I didn't think I'd ever get a reply on this! I had quit checking, until tonight I just thought I would check just in case and voila! comments!Keep em coming!
General Hookey

Smyrna, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2009

I agree, more comments.
curious

Hixson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2009

would someone reveal the identity of the woman in bport that he had the affair and child with please? I am serious about researching this.
curious

Hixson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2009

I wonder if the boy, now man, who found his mother remembers much about the night he found her.
curious

Hixson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2009

I know his name and where he lives, but am cautious about contacting him.
verilyisay

Buffalo Gap, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2009

General Hookey wrote:
I agree, more comments.
General - Just in the name and all--do you remember any incident that incorporated a carton of milk being thrown at a blackboarrd?
verilyisay

Buffalo Gap, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2009

General Hookey wrote:
I agree, more comments.
Jerre - sorry i meant blackboard -- and i assure you i meant no harm - just wondering if this was jerre don
verilyisay

Buffalo Gap, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2009

curious wrote:
I know his name and where he lives, but am cautious about contacting him.
I would be interested. Are you from SP?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent South Pittsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 8 min miss tuffet 144,884
Mayor Jane Dawkins - Leading with Love 2 hr wiki 9
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 5 hr WTH 9,264
Clear up rumors Wed shut up 34
a short girl named Tiffany that went to SPHS? Aug 19 gghfggfg 6
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) Aug 19 doe resident 8,608
Boog Green (Dec '10) Aug 17 dano 17

Search the South Pittsburg Forum:
•••
•••
•••

South Pittsburg Jobs

•••