Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Read more: www.cnn.com 201,862

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Read more

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Mexico

#144218 Jun 3, 2012
Cheyenne277 wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong, idiot. We all know what you'd say to a friend that had never heard of civil unions and asked what it meant. You'd reply "Oh it's when gays get M A R R I E D". DUH.

Marriage means two people making a commitment to spend their lives together. End of story. There's no need to invent a new word for it. We already have one. "Marriage". You just want your special rights.
please tell us how you are sure what another person thinks or will say???
Specially coming from some one as abnormal as you???

Marriage is a civil union between a man and a woman and 31 states now agree with me and say you are a liar

“Facts”

Mexico

#144219 Jun 3, 2012
Cheyenne277 wrote:
<quoted text>Do we call a straight marriage a gay marriage? NO. But we call them both marriage. Your dumb argument fails.

The days for your special rights are numbered. We're on a countdown.
31 states now say there is no such thing..........LOL

And very soon the federal constitution will define a marriage as between ana and a woman.......

“Facts”

Mexico

#144220 Jun 3, 2012
Cheyenne277 wrote:
<quoted text>Do we call black couples white couples?

Do we call straight marriage gay marriage?

What's your dumb point?
the phrase gay marriage is like saying a black white person

We are gaining numbers every day and we are very close to the number needed to amend the constitution to define marriage between a man and a woman

And I thank the rose ho every day for all of the hard work he does helping us

He does not ever get up until after noon but we should get some more help from him soon
NEW

Owatonna, MN

#144221 Jun 3, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
31 states now say there is no such thing..........LOL
And very soon the federal constitution will define a marriage as between ana and a woman.......
LOL....No the supreme court in the near future will CRUSH your nazi fascist unconstitutional same sex marriage bans....Keep thinking you will win because what is RIGHT AND CONSTITUTIONAL AND FREEDOM BASED AND EQUALITY BASED ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS WINS HITLER LOVER!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Oct 11

Beggs, OK

#144222 Jun 3, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is a civil union between a man and a woman and 31 states now agree with me and say you are a liar
Rigghhht. Put that one out in a poll. "I agree that marriage is a civil union between a man and a woman." You'd have tons of people saying they disagree just because they now equate civil unions with gay marriage. You're an idiot.

Since: Oct 11

Beggs, OK

#144223 Jun 3, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the phrase gay marriage is like saying a black person or a white person...you're just too dishonest and stupid to admit it.

“Out and Proud”

Since: Dec 10

Concord, California

#144224 Jun 3, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
what give you the right to call someone abnormal. For all we know you are crazy. WAIT you are. you're 31 states mean sh!t they can't do anything they dont have the number it's all going to come down to the supreme court and what they rule and when they rule in our favor I guess well be pushing you back into the closet huh no more loud mouth dummy on the fourm saying that gay people are this and gay people are that. I wont have to listen to your lies and slander when you can't speak the truth even when you must. You are a very sad person with no real friends and family.

“Out and Proud”

Since: Dec 10

Concord, California

#144225 Jun 3, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
We are gaining numbers every day and we are very close to the number needed to amend the constitution to define marriage between a man and a woman
And I thank the rose ho every day for all of the hard work he does helping us
He does not ever get up until after noon but we should get some more help from him soon
No you dummy you are loseing numbers every day are you blind or something.
the fearless spectator

Jackson St Forest, CA

#144226 Jun 3, 2012
Why you care so much, are they hurt'n you? have they taken from you? so why you try'n to take from and hurt them. Shame on you, leave them alone, leave them in peace. That be truly righteous...anything less is mean and evil wrapped in the pages of the Good Book.

“Facts”

Mexico

#144227 Jun 3, 2012
Cheyenne277 wrote:
<quoted text>Rigghhht. Put that one out in a poll. "I agree that marriage is a civil union between a man and a woman." You'd have tons of people saying they disagree just because they now equate civil unions with gay marriage. You're an idiot.
we did..........LOL

31 states voted and told you to go lock yourself in your closet and don't come out

Tons of people???
Do you weigh a ton??

Let's see at 100 lbs is 20 people per ton
Using the number of 100 lbs because of the large amount of aids, HEP and drug addiction

Now we have tens of millions of people that will LOCK you in your closet

“Facts”

Mexico

#144228 Jun 3, 2012
NEW wrote:
<quoted text>LOL....No the supreme court in the near future will CRUSH your nazi fascist unconstitutional same sex marriage bans....Keep thinking you will win because what is RIGHT AND CONSTITUTIONAL AND FREEDOM BASED AND EQUALITY BASED ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS WINS HITLER LOVER!!!!!!!!!!
even most liberals say it will be a 5 to 4 ruling in our favor

And it would be very easy to define the word marriage at the federal level as a civil union between a man and a woman

But the more you fight the more in the straight community that reverse their idea that you should even get a civil union

Most of the states that amended their constitution also ended civil unions for the normal and abnormal

“Facts”

Mexico

#144229 Jun 3, 2012
Cheyenne277 wrote:
<quoted text>No, the phrase gay marriage is like saying a black person or a white person...you're just too dishonest and stupid to admit it.
not according to the constitution in 31 states..........ROTFLMAO

We have the numbers to send you back to your closet and there is nothing you can do about it

“Facts”

Mexico

#144230 Jun 3, 2012
Ghaleon wrote:
<quoted text>what give you the right to call someone abnormal. For all we know you are crazy. WAIT you are. you're 31 states mean sh!t they can't do anything they dont have the number it's all going to come down to the supreme court and what they rule and when they rule in our favor I guess well be pushing you back into the closet huh no more loud mouth dummy on the fourm saying that gay people are this and gay people are that. I wont have to listen to your lies and slander when you can't speak the truth even when you must. You are a very sad person with no real friends and family.
I and over 90 percent of the USA are normal
Then we have the abnormals like you

And the constitution is what gives me the right to call you the abnormal that you are
And we have the numbers to send you crawling back to your closet to escape the angry mob

I would like to thank you along with the rise ho for working so hard at changing normal peoples opinion about you

With out people like you we would have never been able to get the votes in the 31 states we did
Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

#144231 Jun 3, 2012
Kesla15 wrote:
<quoted text>
How am I a hate group when i'm supporting a cause which promotes equality and peace?
It's opinions such as the one you harbour which leads to violence and persecution.
People like Dan who threaten people with violence kind of ruin any reputation of promoting equality and peace. Maybe talk to him first.

“Facts”

Mexico

#144232 Jun 3, 2012
Ghaleon wrote:
<quoted text>No you dummy you are loseing numbers every day are you blind or something.
just a few years ago we had one state

Today we have 31

The numbers are moving our way thanks to perverted loud mouth punks like you and the rise ho

Please keep it up
NEW

Owatonna, MN

#144233 Jun 3, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
even most liberals say it will be a 5 to 4 ruling in our favor
And it would be very easy to define the word marriage at the federal level as a civil union between a man and a woman
But the more you fight the more in the straight community that reverse their idea that you should even get a civil union
Most of the states that amended their constitution also ended civil unions for the normal and abnormal
So you want a theocratic nazi fascist nation and not a FREE EQUAL one??????????

TYPICAL HITLER LOVING NAZI GOP CHRSIATIN!!!!!!!!!!

EVIL LIKE YOURS ALWAYS LOSES AND HAS ALWAYS LOST.........YOUR KIND FOUGHT WOMEN BEINGE QUAL AND BLACKS BEING EQUAL......YOU ALWAYS LOSES HITLER BOY!@!!

“Facts”

Mexico

#144234 Jun 3, 2012
the fearless spectator wrote:
Why you care so much, are they hurt'n you? have they taken from you? so why you try'n to take from and hurt them. Shame on you, leave them alone, leave them in peace. That be truly righteous...anything less is mean and evil wrapped in the pages of the Good Book.
I feel they should have all the same rights as me

I just refuse to allow them to pervert the word marriage
NEW

Owatonna, MN

#144235 Jun 3, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
not according to the constitution in 31 states..........ROTFLMAO
We have the numbers to send you back to your closet and there is nothing you can do about it
Accept take up guns and KILL YOU NAZI FASCIST SCUM BAGS!!!!!!!!!!
Arahana

Vista, CA

#144236 Jun 3, 2012
This is the courts making sure that the minorities are not abused. The majority vote doesn't override the constitution. This is the reason that the constitution is there. Minorities have rights just like everyone else.
WHY VOTE wrote:
Ok, I don't really care if same sex people get married or are together in any capacity. I am for equal rights BUT.......... I am very annoyed that peoples votes don't mean anything anymore. What happened to a majority vote rules? What happened to the peoples voice?
My stance on this has nothing to do with same sex couples. This is just the latest thing a court has overturned or blocked that THE PEOPLE voted for. Look at AZ., look back at prop. 187 which would have saved is billions in illegal immigrant funding. The people of the USA are trying to make changes to better our country and the few judges are effectively disenfranchising us.
Again this is not directed at same sex couples it is major frustration over the majority loosing there voice.
WHY VOTE????
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#144237 Jun 3, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
if you say so, they still were male and female you dummy. You just don't get it do you???? your gay responses are stale
Oh, I get it.... male and female.... so? What does that have to do with anything?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Gate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 48 min Bruin For Life 29,520
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr TOASTER 19,832
No Tests No Homework No classroom in the War on... 3 hr Culture Auditor 1
Review: Financial Plus Investment (Jul '08) 7 hr El Modelos Maxim 2,515
News Council rejects Kare offer (Sep '08) 9 hr Snoop Cat 273
News Ontario Mills experiences a turnaround (Apr '10) 10 hr Jade 68
News Inglewood man arrested in fatal Palms shooting 12 hr LFF 1
More from around the web

South Gate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]