Parole, probation sweeps across San Gabriel Valley net 17 arrests

Full story: San Gabriel Valley Tribune

Law enforcement officials in the southwest San Gabriel Valley had their hands full this week, arresting 17 in a parole sweep targeting a street gang Thursday while investigating a pair of shootings that occurred earlier in the week.
Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Oct 27, 2009
jd smith

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2009

People with parole violations having weapons; meanwhile, the law abiding citizen is disarmed while we see anti gun laws not working. If owning a gun is crime, then only criminals will have guns. Wake Up Southern Cal. Contact your representatives.senators since supreme court is voting to ban hand-guns. Join the NRA if you want to keep your rights. Another thing, if your boyfriend or husband does not want a kid, then don't have one. There is too many people joining gangs that have no fathers. Quit having kids with people who do not want kids. Women need to be more responsible since in this day of age, if you don't want a child, then there are many options besides abortion to stop from being pregnant. Like Tom Leykis says always wear a rubber.

“NEVER ADRIFT OR AFFLICTED”

Since: Mar 09

S Arcadia, Next to Temple City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2009

Good for the cops, get those cholo's and put them away.
jt_rosemead

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2009

Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Another thing, people join gangs because the education system failed them. Lastly, this street blockade down the street is really annoying.
Not a turkey

El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

Top Turkey wrote:
Yes indeed you are a Top Turkey! Officers risk their life when they bust open doors! Then who will protect the top turkey from getting eaten? Either the Christian in you made you hate cholos, who in your white eyes see Hispanic or you are just an uneducated turkey?! Parolees are in every race. Let's "put them away" at your house in hopes they may scare away the devil in you. And yes I am Mexican-American but the Christian in me would not be happy if you or your loved ones are put away in a tiny cell. I would rather pray they change their life around.
wiseone

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

did they deport the illegals?
Valley Local

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

jt_rosemead wrote:
people join gangs because the education system failed them.
What a ef'ing joke that is. You really don't think you are fooling anyone with that statement do you? School districts bend over backwards to keep these losers in school. The importance of an education starts at home. They choose to drop out of school because they don't give a damn about an education. Only thing they care about is being lawless, harming and bullying people.

Can you think of any more excuses to give them?
True Freedom

Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

jt_rosemead wrote:
Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Another thing, people join gangs because the education system failed them. Lastly, this street blockade down the street is really annoying.
People join gangs because, well first cause they are losers, but to continue with your phraseology.. people join gangs because THEY failed the educational system.
There are kids from every school in America that go on to do great things.
Speed Kills

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

Top Turkey wrote:
Not just latinos, Mr White too! Note: You might be a redneck if... A: Your toilet paper has page numbers on it. ;)
Wisest of All

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

deport all illegal aliens now,, time to revolt round them up and deport them now.. give me back my country.. ENGLISH ONLY!
Native

Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

What country? Are you a Native American?
Wisest of All

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

No Mexican,,, once again, Poltical correctness abounds,, You idiot! Illegal Aliens you idiot!
Whiniest of All

Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

Ah a self loather, explains a lot.
San Gabriel Finest

Santa Ana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

Wisest of All wrote:
No Mexican,,, once again, Poltical correctness abounds,, You idiot! Illegal Aliens you idiot!
Are they from another planet? Are they human? If you must name call do it the right way and call them illegal immigrants. Maybe it would do you some good to go back to school. Once Obama puts through the Immigration Plan (of course he needs to hire a Immigration Zar first) then, most if not all will have amnesty. They need to target the Asian gangs too.
San Gabriel Finest

Santa Ana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

Valley Local wrote:
<quoted text>
What a ef'ing joke that is. You really don't think you are fooling anyone with that statement do you? School districts bend over backwards to keep these losers in school. The importance of an education starts at home. They choose to drop out of school because they don't give a damn about an education. Only thing they care about is being lawless, harming and bullying people.
Can you think of any more excuses to give them?
BULLSHIT! you obviously don't know the school district. They can't wait to get rid of the young men and women who they consider trouble. Our schools SUCK......
San Gabriel Finest

Santa Ana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

Not a turkey wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes indeed you are a Top Turkey! Officers risk their life when they bust open doors! Then who will protect the top turkey from getting eaten? Either the Christian in you made you hate cholos, who in your white eyes see Hispanic or you are just an uneducated turkey?! Parolees are in every race. Let's "put them away" at your house in hopes they may scare away the devil in you. And yes I am Mexican-American but the Christian in me would not be happy if you or your loved ones are put away in a tiny cell. I would rather pray they change their life around.
Not a Turkey is a DUMB TURKEY. They go to jail, jail is over crowded they do a few months, maybe a year or 2 then they are out, street wiser, tougher and stronger. Why?(glad you asked) because our jail system and the prison system are ran by gangs only difference is they are legal gangs that have been given permission to carry a gun. They get more drugs and respect in jail. The state needs to reform the jails and prisons then, put people away. GOBBLE, GOBBLE.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

South El Monte News Video

•••
•••

South El Monte Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

South El Monte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE