Neurosurgeon of Somerset

Posted in the Somerset Forum

Bob Darwin

Somerset, KY

#1 Feb 3, 2013
Has anyone ever been treated by Dr. Elkalliny and had unnecessary surgery or problems related to surgery.
DirtGuy

Manchester, KY

#2 Feb 3, 2013
Curious question. Why do you ask?
Annabelle

London, KY

#3 Feb 3, 2013
My brother-in-law had surgery performed by this doctor. It was a necessary procedure and all has gone very well.
top of the line

Bulan, KY

#4 Feb 3, 2013
Bob Darwin wrote:
Has anyone ever been treated by Dr. Elkalliny and had unnecessary surgery or problems related to surgery.
him and his partner elnaggar are top of the line neuro surgeons in the country! they have pioneered several surgical procedures that are being used now around the world.....one of my specialty drs in lexington said if he ever needs a neauro dr he is comming to somerset.
Old

Beattyville, KY

#5 Feb 4, 2013
My arms were paralyzed until he move the nerves. Everyone else just said, "Oh well."
Egrab928

Somerset, KY

#6 Feb 4, 2013
I have had three procedures done by Dr. El Killiny, all necessary for Stenosis in two spots and a broken neck from a Dec. car wreck. Superb care and treatment by he and his staff. Should be released from care Wednesday.
Budowich

Bearden, AR

#8 Feb 20, 2013
Bob Darwin wrote:
he;s done a couple of surgeries on me. I'm back to normal and feel fine. he's a good surgeon as far as Im concerned.
Level 5

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#9 Feb 22, 2013
None better than these two doctors. Even the Superman actor Christopher Reeve was Transported TO Somerset with a spinal cord injury years ago.
Never heard of that

Pineville, KY

#10 Feb 24, 2013
metaphysics wrote:
None better than these two doctors. Even the Superman actor Christopher Reeve was Transported TO Somerset with a spinal cord injury years ago.
Pretty sure that was Somerset County where he has a foundation set up also not the City of Somerset in Pulaski County.
Greed

Whitley City, KY

#13 Wednesday Sep 10
Bob Darwin wrote:
I feel they completed an unnecessary surgery in 2011' after accessing me for 5 minutes. I have heard they are wonderful surgeons, but feel they may take on too many clients and are so overwhelmed the quality of care may not be like it should. I had to have two additional surgeries, due to the problems encountered with a new device they placed in my spine that was defective. May be getting a little greedy.

Level 2

Since: Jun 11

Somerset, Ky

#15 Thursday Sep 11
Dr. El-Kalliny performed a 10 hour surgery on my back in January of this year due to an infection in my spine. He saved my life, and saved my ability to walk. I would not go to anyone else in this country if I needed surgery again.
Vote Libertarian

Weare, NH

#16 Thursday Sep 11
Greed wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel they completed an unnecessary surgery in 2011' after accessing me for 5 minutes. I have heard they are wonderful surgeons, but feel they may take on too many clients and are so overwhelmed the quality of care may not be like it should. I had to have two additional surgeries, due to the problems encountered with a new device they placed in my spine that was defective. May be getting a little greedy.
You should know that the surgeons don't actually make the devices that they might implant, and depending upon the complexity of the device there may not be a way to test it beforehand. I've seen Dr El Kalliny as a patient and I completely doubt that he only spent 5 minutes assessing you (not accessing).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 hr ole Joe 7,392
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 1 hr whatimeisit 10,333
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 4 hr butthead 1,073
Somerset mayor, Keck or Girdler? 4 hr wage earner 44
ky biker gangs (Sep '08) 5 hr son of the rebellion 26
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 7 hr Hatti_Hollerand 21,211
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 hr spaceship 131,115
Sully's 7 hr News 19
Somerset Dating
Find my Match