Comments
1 - 20 of 74 Comments Last updated May 21, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
wondering

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

their not closing,their hiring temps all the time.
just me

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 8, 2012
 
doors will close by no later then october 2012
Mary

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

This is absolutely TRUE! I have worked there for many years and YES we are closing due to the ECONOMY! Any more questions?
john

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

I'd say they will close. Oneida plant shut down. Armstrong sucks- I know personally. I won't buy any of their products anymore. So much for big business.

Level 3

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 8, 2012
 
What temp service do they use, I know plenty of people that would love to have a job even if only a short time?
pecanflour

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

I don't believe they are closing.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 8, 2012
 
hiring temps means nothing; but the company having no commitment to hiring full time, i am from up north and i have seen companies hire temps left and right only to clean up the last of production so they can make as much money as they can before the doors close for good.
wondering wrote:
their not closing,their hiring temps all the time.
Mary

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 8, 2012
 
You are right BOKY! That is exactly what they do,on your 1st reply, use the temps for cleanup, anyway, they use the Job Shop also for the temps. Its not gonna be here much longer, I heard a guy that works at WONDEFUEL the other day tell me that they were also shutting down in 1 month or so. WHO KNOWS but the BIG-WIGS!! Employees are usually the last to know.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

that's wonderful news! ha ha, 2 companies closing it's doors and the people
are raving over j gumbo's! go figure. without jobs who's going to go there and eat?
Mary wrote:
You are right BOKY! That is exactly what they do,on your 1st reply, use the temps for cleanup, anyway, they use the Job Shop also for the temps. Its not gonna be here much longer, I heard a guy that works at WONDEFUEL the other day tell me that they were also shutting down in 1 month or so. WHO KNOWS but the BIG-WIGS!! Employees are usually the last to know.
pecanflour

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 8, 2012
 
If they were closing why would they be hiring a controll manager?? Typical topix BS

Plant Controller
Apply Now
Company: Armstrong World Industries

Location: Somerset, KY

Date Posted: February 17, 2012

Title: Plant Controller Location: KY-Somerset Armstrong Floor Products (AFP) has an opening for a Plant Controller at our engineered hardwood flooring plant in Somerset, KY. In this role, you will be responsible for all finance/accounting aspects of the plant plus satellite operations in Oneida, TN, partnering with the plant management team in successfully managing the manufacturing operations and meeting financial objectives. The incumbent must adhere to our guiding principles of integrity, commitment, and excellence. If you are a skilled, financial professional who understands manufacturing processes, has the ability to integrate finance and operations, and is looking to make a difference, we want to hear from you. Key Responsibilities:* Month-end closing responsibilities including
me too

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 8, 2012
 
i work at armstrong and ever since i started there 8 years ago we have been closing i guess when they lock the doors we will be closed but when i started as a temp every one was saying i dont know why they hired you we are shutting down
pecanflour

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 8, 2012
 
me too wrote:
i work at armstrong and ever since i started there 8 years ago we have been closing i guess when they lock the doors we will be closed but when i started as a temp every one was saying i dont know why they hired you we are shutting down
Just talked to my neighbor an hour ago about this. His sister in law has worked there for 22 years and said this is bogus. Just some disgruntled employee. GO HARTCO!!!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 9, 2012
 
thats a great question why?
pecanflour wrote:
If they were closing why would they be hiring a controll manager?? Typical topix BS
Plant Controller
Apply Now
Company: Armstrong World Industries
Location: Somerset, KY
Date Posted: February 17, 2012
Title: Plant Controller Location: KY-Somerset Armstrong Floor Products (AFP) has an opening for a Plant Controller at our engineered hardwood flooring plant in Somerset, KY. In this role, you will be responsible for all finance/accounting aspects of the plant plus satellite operations in Oneida, TN, partnering with the plant management team in successfully managing the manufacturing operations and meeting financial objectives. The incumbent must adhere to our guiding principles of integrity, commitment, and excellence. If you are a skilled, financial professional who understands manufacturing processes, has the ability to integrate finance and operations, and is looking to make a difference, we want to hear from you. Key Responsibilities:* Month-end closing responsibilities including

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 9, 2012
 
controllers work with finances, so maybe the company looking for ways to turn profits so they can pull the rug out from under the employees feet.
IDK! i have seen this done, it happened in NE ohio where i am from. its sad when it happens, but it does
pecanflour wrote:
If they were closing why would they be hiring a controll manager?? Typical topix BS
Plant Controller
Apply Now
Company: Armstrong World Industries
Location: Somerset, KY
Date Posted: February 17, 2012
Title: Plant Controller Location: KY-Somerset Armstrong Floor Products (AFP) has an opening for a Plant Controller at our engineered hardwood flooring plant in Somerset, KY. In this role, you will be responsible for all finance/accounting aspects of the plant plus satellite operations in Oneida, TN, partnering with the plant management team in successfully managing the manufacturing operations and meeting financial objectives. The incumbent must adhere to our guiding principles of integrity, commitment, and excellence. If you are a skilled, financial professional who understands manufacturing processes, has the ability to integrate finance and operations, and is looking to make a difference, we want to hear from you. Key Responsibilities:* Month-end closing responsibilities including

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 9, 2012
 
f they were closing why would they be hiring a controll manager?? Typical topix BS

Plant Controller
Apply Now
Company: Armstrong World Industries

Location: Somerset, KY

Date Posted: February 17, 2012

Title: Plant Controller Location: KY-Somerset Armstrong Floor Products (AFP) has an opening for a Plant Controller at our engineered hardwood flooring plant in Somerset, KY. In this role, you will be responsible for all finance/accounting aspects of the plant plus satellite operations in Oneida, TN, partnering with the plant management team in successfully managing the manufacturing operations and meeting financial objectives. The incumbent must adhere to our guiding principles of integrity, commitment, and excellence. If you are a skilled, financial professional who understands manufacturing processes, has the ability to integrate finance and operations, and is looking to make a difference, we want to hear from you. Key Responsibilities:* Month-end closing responsibilities including
pecanflour wrote:
<quoted text> Just talked to my neighbor an hour ago about this. His sister in law has worked there for 22 years and said this is bogus. Just some disgruntled employee. GO HARTCO!!!

“Irish Eyes, T'salagi Temper”

Level 2

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 9, 2012
 
My sis has worked there for 15 years. She gets her hours and overtime. Seriously doubt they're closing any time soon!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 9, 2012
 
All we can do is pray that companies like Armstrong aren't closing, We need to thank God we all have jobs! I have seen companies, especially up North pull
crap like this and the employees are the last to know anything. I know from experiance.
Phoenix Rising_76 wrote:
My sis has worked there for 15 years. She gets her hours and overtime. Seriously doubt they're closing any time soon!
john

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 10, 2012
 
Be thankful for those Armstrong jobs but don't hold your breath. They were awful to work for. The original Tibbal's in Oneida was great. Every time the company sold out to a bigger company it got worse. Worked there since it was Tibbal's then they shut down.
Lesson Learned 1

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Most places use temps now. It's just another way of taking away from American people. By hiring temps, they don't have to offer them an insurance plan-which they have to pay part of. no benefits package. Nothing, zilch! Plus, the thing of it is, they can lay these temps off when the contract runs out and turn right around and hire them back under new contract. Job shop, Malones, they are the only place you can get a factory job. It's the American way now. Got to get you anyway they can.
just me

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Mar 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

was told yesterday at work that if things don't
get any better in the next couple of months,
that the doors will close. more and more people
are already leaving this place, and going else where.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Somerset Forum right now

Search the Somerset Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr spaceship 129,040
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 5 hr gladthelakeisback 20,133
4 word game (Jan '09) 5 hr honeymylove 1,824
TWC internet issues Somerset 5 hr aew 12
The Way This City Is Tackling Gas Prices Has So... 7 hr ManBearPig 19
Grimes for Senator 8 hr soccer mom 27
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 8 hr ms_Sweeter 10,273
•••
•••
•••
•••

Somerset Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Somerset People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Somerset News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Somerset
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••