"Family Dollar" Open On Christmas Day

Posted in the Somerset Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Unbelievable

Somerset, KY

#1 Dec 20, 2011
Banner outside Family Dollar next to Sun Rayz says they will be open Christmas day from 10am till 3 pm. Come on now...Family Dollar?? Money hungry greedy bunch of executives...if they want the store open they need to travel to all the towns and work the measly 5 hrs and let the employees go home for the day...i will never shop them again!! I bet u wont even fing the local managers or assts in the stores that day. What do u all think??
george

United States

#3 Dec 20, 2011
Ill never go to the hospital again either. They are open on Christmas and those poor doctors and nurses have to work.
observer1

Dahlonega, GA

#4 Dec 21, 2011
Some businesses have to be open for the public. As for Family dollar, it may be not so much on profit, but it could be that the stores is open for convience to the public. There is many people out of jobs and homeless, there is people that have no family to spend the day. Family Dollar to some people is a place to go when no where to go. I know some may think this is a stupid statement, but when talking to elderly thru the years,I learned alot of how they spent lonely holidays. Just like fuel stations, if they weren't open people couldn't get gasoline for travels, while many elderly and single persons will go to a gas station just for coffee and conversation on Christmas just to not feel alone. Some may disagree with Family Dollar being open, but to many across this country, they will be glad they are open. When restraunts and businesses are closed, there will be someone in this country that will be looking for a place to go and a little something to eat. While we may have a Merry Christmas, they will be walking around with only a dollar in their pocket to spend on somethng to eat. I am working Christmas day, and the way I see it, I have the opportunity to share a little of my time and hope it is a comfort to someone that just needed a freind at a moment of their day.
oh yeah

Somerset, KY

#7 Dec 21, 2011
observer1 wrote:
Some businesses have to be open for the public. As for Family dollar, it may be not so much on profit, but it could be that the stores is open for convience to the public. There is many people out of jobs and homeless, there is people that have no family to spend the day. Family Dollar to some people is a place to go when no where to go. I know some may think this is a stupid statement, but when talking to elderly thru the years,I learned alot of how they spent lonely holidays. Just like fuel stations, if they weren't open people couldn't get gasoline for travels, while many elderly and single persons will go to a gas station just for coffee and conversation on Christmas just to not feel alone. Some may disagree with Family Dollar being open, but to many across this country, they will be glad they are open. When restraunts and businesses are closed, there will be someone in this country that will be looking for a place to go and a little something to eat. While we may have a Merry Christmas, they will be walking around with only a dollar in their pocket to spend on somethng to eat. I am working Christmas day, and the way I see it, I have the opportunity to share a little of my time and hope it is a comfort to someone that just needed a freind at a moment of their day.
Just what i would like, to be stuck working in a Family Dollar while my family sits at home and i have to entertain some homeless people that has a dollar burning a hole in there pocket, gee while im there working guess i will turn the security camersa off and help myself to a little extra Christmas cheer for the family!

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#10 Dec 21, 2011
Gotta have something to do while digesting all that ham & taters - Did these employees volunteer or was this schedule mandatory ??- Should have been on a voluntary basis - Merry Christmas -
0148scb

Chapel Hill, TN

#11 Dec 22, 2011
I can't believe the store is open on Christmas Day. Terrible Terrible. Give those folks the day off to be with their family.
Greedy Greedy. Won't shop there anymore.
oh snap

Somerset, KY

#12 Dec 22, 2011
Better boycott Walgreens too,I saw on their sign that they are open on Christmas also.
oh yeah

Somerset, KY

#13 Dec 22, 2011
well there always open on Christmas, have been for years, but Family Dollar? come on now, there only open a measly 5 hrs...enough to scre up the day!
HBIC florida

Middlesboro, KY

#14 Dec 22, 2011
Who cares if YOU righteous a-holes wont shop there anymore. there will be five more consumers to take your place. when did this place become an activists for human rights all of a sudden?

Level 4

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#15 Dec 22, 2011
They were open Thanksgiving as well.

No one should shop there on those days and they would stop this.

For Thanksgiving this year was volunteers but employees think next year it will be mandatory and employees are paid extra, but still it aint worth it
What is your problem

Brownsville, TN

#16 Dec 23, 2011
george wrote:
Ill never go to the hospital again either. They are open on Christmas and those poor doctors and nurses have to work.
That's a GIVEN, smart as$%#!!!
oreally

Brownsville, TN

#17 Dec 23, 2011
HBIC florida wrote:
Who cares if YOU righteous a-holes wont shop there anymore. there will be five more consumers to take your place. when did this place become an activists for human rights all of a sudden?
They're just giving their opinion, AS DID YOU!!!
george

United States

#18 Dec 23, 2011
What is your problem wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a GIVEN, smart as$%#!!!
Thats two of us boycotting them then. Winning!
Justin Case

Somerset, KY

#19 Dec 23, 2011
oh snap wrote:
Better boycott Walgreens too,I saw on their sign that they are open on Christmas also.
And Oran's truck stop too...they will be open 24 hours like they always are but not the restaurant.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#20 Dec 23, 2011
Maybe a nice thing to do would be to stop by Dollar General if you find yourself out and about, stick our heads in the door, and say Merry Christmas to whoever is working that day. Or go in, buy a soda pop or something, and then give it right back to the cashier while you tell him or her "Merry Christmas"! There's a thought..

It's nice that they'll be there for anyone who might need something.... Did you get your kid a toy and you forgot batteries? Milk ran out? Diapers? Need toilet paper? Over the counter medicine? They'll be there to help. I think it's nice. At least they have a job, and I'm sure one or two of them are thankful to have one as well.

Before I retired, I used to be the one who would volunteer to work holidays. That was so the people who HAD young kids could spend the time WITH their kids. It wasn't a big deal. Those work days usually ended up being extremely boring though, depending on where or what I was doing for a career at the time....

Anyhow, if anyone out there reading this DOES work at DG, Merry Christmas! And Merry Christmas to everyone else who may have to work someplace on that day or not, everyone everywhere!!

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21 Dec 23, 2011
What about the people that had someone show up and they needed to buy an extra gift at the last moment? What about the people that had to work and they needed a place to buy their kids a gift or the people that got paid the night before? What if that Dollar store is someones only hope to buy a gift for their child?

You idiots just want a reason to complain. If I was an A hole then I would wish someone would break into your house Christmas Eve and steal your presents and you had to use that store to keep your Santa lie alive.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#24 Dec 23, 2011
Mammon, geez.....
Breathe in.... Breathe out.....

LOL!!
:)

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#30 Dec 23, 2011
--MAMMON-- wrote:
What about the people that had someone show up and they needed to buy an extra gift at the last moment? What about the people that had to work and they needed a place to buy their kids a gift or the people that got paid the night before? What if that Dollar store is someones only hope to buy a gift for their child?
You idiots just want a reason to complain. If I was an A hole then I would wish someone would break into your house Christmas Eve and steal your presents and you had to use that store to keep your Santa lie alive.
Iffen I don't get my truck toys , Santy'll be called all sorts of names -
TRAVEL

Hopkinsville, KY

#31 Dec 23, 2011
Call it/explain it as you will but it's greed so as it goes these days. Google who really owns the stores then u may understand.
Ashley

Findlay, OH

#32 Dec 24, 2011
Family Dollar is strictly volunteer for Christmas! If there isn't enough volunteers the store wont be open. Aside from volunteering the pay is quite generous. If you work you'll make close in the at day what you make a week. Managers are giving a bonus plus holiday pay assistants plus cashiers are also paid extra along side the holiday pay.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Senator Vows to End Somerset Gas Sales 2 hr gonzo 29
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 4 hr Naturally Wired 22,683
Somerset is wet, where are the new Restaurants? 7 hr DagasssMan 26
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 hr havent forgotten 131,904
Restaurants that take EBT cards "foodstamps" (Feb '11) 17 hr Nurse1987 935
Christmas Dinner & gifts for kids 23 hr Living Bread Soup... 3
What does the Apostolic faith preach? (Aug '10) Fri Antonio Brisco D Min 14
Somerset Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Somerset People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Somerset News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Somerset

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:09 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 2:09PM
RT Eric Winston quickly settling in with Bengals
NBC Sports 3:14 PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Broncos vs. Bengals: TV Info, Spread, Injury Updates, Game Time and More
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
NBC Sports11:17 AM
Peyton Manning officially questionable for Monday night