Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,919

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
juggalo

Pageland, SC

#79872 Jun 8, 2012
&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player
really

Glasgow, KY

#79873 Jun 8, 2012
dont know about you ,but i am glad i am not God , too much work
wtf

Glasgow, KY

#79874 Jun 8, 2012
trusted wrote:
<quoted text>Was that meant for me?:( If so lets dont set judgement on each other , I am not RUSTED,COME ON,lol , just dont trust anyone or anything anymore. May not be perfect but I dont have to be anymore , take me or leave me is now my attitude. It is trusted , because trust is something I no longer have, finally after years of wrong. My faith no longer lays in men , but only in God. So if I am a bad person , then so be it . Stick and stones may break my bones, but as you know words can not harm me, although they do cut to your heart sometimes.....
You tell him see he ends up turning on all of us. He cant be pleased.
wtf

Glasgow, KY

#79875 Jun 8, 2012
i think it should be okay to have abortions if it is a child who is only young and has been raped . some people should not have to hurt forever that way
The truth sets you free

Cocoa Beach, FL

#79876 Jun 8, 2012
wtf wrote:
i think it should be okay to have abortions if it is a child who is only young and has been raped . some people should not have to hurt forever that way
That is like killing a baby because it's father is a bank robber!

Does Jehovah view matters any differently if the baby was the product of rape or incestuous relations? Though the act against the mother was criminal, the baby is not to blame. Terminating its life would only counter one act of violence with another. Certainly Jehovah realizes the emotional trauma such victims experience and can help mother and child to cope with the aftermath in a balanced way.
The truth sets you free

Cocoa Beach, FL

#79877 Jun 8, 2012
Viewing Abortion Godís Way
WHAT of the young girl who conceives a child out of wedlock and is completely unprepared for motherhood? Should she be allowed to bring a baby into the world? Godís feelings toward the baby have not changed just because its mother acted in an unwise and immoral way. The birth of a baby may indeed help its mother to realize the natural results of her immorality and thus impress upon her the wisdom of Godís laws. Putting away the consequence of her illicit sex act may leave her with the pain of guilt, or it may embolden her to further acts of immorality.
If there is no father to share the load, rearing the child wonít be easy. But a strong relationship with our heavenly Father can provide a mother with the moral and emotional strength, support, and guidance to do so. He has also provided the Christian congregation (of Jehovah Witnesswes) to help ease the burden of single parents.
matters

Morgantown, KY

#79878 Jun 9, 2012
The truth sets you free wrote:
<quoted text>
That is like killing a baby because it's father is a bank robber!
Does Jehovah view matters any differently if the baby was the productof rape or incestuous relations? Though the act against the mother was criminal, the baby is not to blame. Terminating its life would only counter one act of violence with another. Certainly Jehovah realizes the emotional trauma such victims experience and can help mother and child to cope with the aftermath in a balanced way.
I tend to use violence with another. If someone breaks in , I am shooting them. Yes God says turn the other check but what if it was someone you loved and she were near death , and they told you the only way to save her was to end the child ? What would you do then?
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#79879 Jun 9, 2012
trusted wrote:
<quoted text>Was that meant for me?:( If so lets dont set judgement on each other , I am not RUSTED,COME ON,lol , just dont trust anyone or anything anymore. May not be perfect but I dont have to be anymore , take me or leave me is now my attitude. It is trusted , because trust is something I no longer have, finally after years of wrong. My faith no longer lays in men , but only in God. So if I am a bad person , then so be it . Stick and stones may break my bones, but as you know words can not harm me, although they do cut to your heart sometimes.....
No!
In my post I typed "enought" when I meant "enough"... drop the "T".
sorry for the mix up!
Oh, I know... you cannot trust in humans!...
Let not your Heart be troubled :-)
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#79880 Jun 9, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>No!
In my post I typed "enought" when I meant "enough"... drop the "T".
sorry for the mix up!
Oh, I know... you cannot trust in humans!...
Let not your Heart be troubled :-)
Okay sorry as well. We must have alot in common. My heart has been troubled for some time. Sometimes the best thing to do is run away from it all and start over. Trust in nothing anymore. Love is not meant sometimes, and it is best to let it go.
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#79882 Jun 9, 2012
wtf wrote:
So...
You think Murder upon rape is ok?
Do you think the women that Killed their babies don't suffer?
Most of the time it's for a Man(term losely used) that don't want to be tied down... and we call it "Woman's rights"...
No! It's man's lack of balls, and desire for conquest!
Stand UP for what is RIGHT!
Stop Killing children... People will adopt!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#79883 Jun 9, 2012
matters wrote:
<quoted text>I tend to use violence with another. If someone breaks in , I am shooting them. Yes God says turn the other check but what if it was someone you loved and she were near death , and they told you the only way to save her was to end the child ? What would you do then?
Name ONE woman in the last Year that HAD to have an abortion to save her life!
I'll give you a hint... <1% of abortions are done for medical reasons!
99.9% are done for Convenience!
56,000,000 Babies just in America!
Over a 1.5 Million a year...
That is just NOT justifiable!
$300,000,000 out of our Pockets a year...
Kill Planned Parenthood... save our tax dollars...
Teach Kids to save themselves for their spouses!
you can ponder now

Glasgow, KY

#79884 Jun 9, 2012
Atheist wrote:
This is old, but it still upsets me.
I'm not too far out of high school.
I'm in college on a full scholarship.
I volunteer time at a nursing home, soup kitchen, and cleaning the highways. I have for a few years now, started volunteering at the hospital at 15, lead my to my desire to practice medicine.
I am an atheist. I do not steal, I volunteer my time, I avoid hate. I tend to be a better Christian than most Christians.
I would not want to see the bible pushed on students. It's a parent's job to reach their kids faith. If my kids want to go to church, they can.
My parents never forced it on me. I think I turned out alright.
The world is about being a better person, not shoving your believes down other's throats.
Just something to ponder on.
I don't need time to ponder. You sound like a very decent young person who does not have God in his heart. Sounds like you did turn out alright. I'm very glad you wouldn't keep your children from going to church to learn about the God who loves them and created them. When they give their heart and lives to Jesus they will have planned their home in Heaven. I'm sure they will be saddened by the fact that if you do not give your life to Jesus they will miss having you in Heaven with them. You can ponder on that thought.
you are wrong

Glasgow, KY

#79885 Jun 9, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
It is this type of thing that is kind of disgusting about religious zealotry. There is some kind of built-in celebration of suffering in the whole affair. Some Christians seem to get off on the idea of people being tortured.
You are so wrong. Why do you think those of us who know God are concerned about eternity for those of you who do not believe in Heaven and Hell. We are to witness to you and others. If we weren't concerned for you we could move right on. God wants all of us with Him on this earth and in the hereafter. That is the reason we were created. If only all of you could see and understand. You have a choice.
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#79886 Jun 9, 2012
trusted wrote:
<quoted text> Okay sorry as well. We must have alot in common. My heart has been troubled for some time. Sometimes the best thing to do is run away from it all and start over. Trust in nothing anymore. Love is not meant sometimes, and it is best to let it go.
Well, I don't know your situation, but I used to get troubled... now I pray...
No more troubles, as I place Christ above my problems, and they
fade away...
awmi.net
Andrew Wommack is a great
Gospel teacher... straight up Word the way it's supposed to be!
When I see the garbage going on in this world, I remember
Jesus saying "Fear Not", "Let Not your heart be troubled", and
"These things Must come to pass"...
Everything is going to happen according to His word!
We just hope they see it too, and turn from their ways... Amen!
God Bless :-)
Idiot

Glasgow, KY

#79887 Jun 9, 2012
One bright day in the middle of the night, two dead men got up to fight. Back to back, they faced each other; drew their swords and shot each other. If you don't believe this lie is true, ask the blind man; he saw it too!
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#79889 Jun 9, 2012
thanks for the site,will vist it from now on. Just need to pray a little harder I guess. Truth does not always set you free in this world , but have to know it will in the next.
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#79890 Jun 9, 2012
Happy Sat..... May it be a great one for you all..C ya, got to work...
juggalo

Rockwell, NC

#79892 Jun 9, 2012
trusted wrote:
thanks for the site,will vist it from now on. Just need to pray a little harder I guess. Truth does not always set you free in this world , but have to know it will in the next.
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/andrew_...

Here's some more great info on Andrew wommack
juggalo

Rockwell, NC

#79893 Jun 9, 2012
&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player

“There is no god.”

Level 2

Since: Jan 12

USA

#79894 Jun 9, 2012
*shakes head*
*sighs*
No way some of these people have read the bible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 5 min gladthelakeisback 22,695
Golf cart on roads 3 hr Zig 11
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 5 hr Hatti_Hollerand 10,497
KY Senator Vows to End Somerset Gas Sales 6 hr Knowitall9 44
~~*last post wins*~~ (Mar '11) 6 hr Knowitall9 14,757
Gas prices 6 hr Knowitall9 17
Somerset is wet, where are the new Restaurants? 9 hr chris mink 33
Somerset Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web