Pulaski Co. Animal Shelter- Friend or Foe?

Posted in the Somerset Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of107
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Grieving

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2008

Judged:

My family pet was a black chow mix dog that my family has had for 12 years. We live in the country, so he was not on a leash. Seminole (his name)was investigating the neighbors girl dog who was in heat, when he was caught by the Pulaski Co. Animal Shelter. They then transported him to the shelter and upon arrival, Seminole escaped as they were getting him out of the truck. Misty told me that they had laid out traps for him, but another man name Jim? told me that was not the case. I ran an ad in the Commonwealth Journal,called the Humane society, as well as searching for several days and hours for my family friend. But I couldn't find him. On Sunday, September 7th, I received a call from a woman from the Humane society, who said that she found my dog. Seminole was dead in the middle of Hwy 80 almost directly in front of the Animal Shelter. My husband, myself, and my teenage daughter went to go get our beloved friend. My husband picked him up and wrapped him in and blanket and quickly ran across the busy road. Seminole was still warm. He hadn't been dead for very long, my husband was crouched down beside our vehicle clutching our beloved Seminole, sobbing uncontrollably. My daughter and I couldn't speak, all we could do was crie like my husband. My husband held Seminole for the 30 minute ride home, while I tried desperately to drive and tried to stop crying. My daughter just wailed, she was 4 years old when we got him. He was always there while she was growing up. We miss him terribly and there will forever be a hole in our hearts. Please if anyone has a complaint about the shelter, please post it so that something can get done about that place. they kill animals after only 5 days. I know that things happen, but they were experienced dog handlers that have worked there for years. If they would have cared enough to set a trap, our Seminole might still be here. I pray that this never happens to anyone else. RIP Seminole!!!

Since: Sep 08

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2008

Bump it
sure enuff

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2008

Judged:

well if you had him on a leash and there is a leash law it wouldnt of happened, im sorry your dog died, but you didnt have him on a leash which meant he could of easily got run over in front of your house, and someone would of had to call in on your dog for him to go out and pick it up which im going to assume the neighbors probably didnt appreciate your dog investigating theirs
Grieving

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2008

Judged:

There is not a leash law in Pulaski County, please feel free and contact the animal shelter as they will tell you the same thing. I don't live on a busy road but in the country. I am saying that the employees at the Animal Shelter are not doing their job so well. I do accept part of the blame, but when you pick up a dog and take it 25 miles away and then mishandle him so that he could escape and be in worse danger, and then you had traps to put out, but did nothing to try to get him, then his death is on their hands!!! I hope this never happens to you!
AnimalActivist

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2008

I Have taken kittens to the animal shelter when i lived in town.Someone had dumped them on my porch. Early one Wednesday..a neighbor stopped by and wanted one and i told her to go to the animal shelter that's where we had taken them no more than an hour ago. When she arrived, they had already put all 7 of them to sleep saying that it was the day they euthanized cats that hadn't gotten homes. They gave these kittens a chance...for about 45 minutes.
the facts

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2008

The citizens of Somerset/Pulaski County were promised during the last election that our animal shelter would undergo many positive changes. Has any of those promises been kept? If you have been reading the newspaper during the last two years you know the answers to that question. Something has got to be done for the sake of the animals.
I am so sorry Grieving for what your family was put through. There was absolutely no excuse for what happened to your pet. Once he was picked up by the Animal Control, it was their responsibility to see that your pet was kept safe. Our pets are family members and deserve better than what happened to your dog.
Grieving

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2008

Judged:

the facts wrote:
The citizens of Somerset/Pulaski County were promised during the last election that our animal shelter would undergo many positive changes. Has any of those promises been kept? If you have been reading the newspaper during the last two years you know the answers to that question. Something has got to be done for the sake of the animals.
I am so sorry Grieving for what your family was put through. There was absolutely no excuse for
what happened to your pet. Once he was picked up
by the Animal Control, it was their responsibility to see that your pet was kept safe. Our pets are family members and deserve better than what happened to your dog.
Thank you so much for your kind words. I truly believe that pets are such a wonderful gift from God. They offer such unconditional love just like Jesus. Seminole was such a blessing to our family and we miss him so much. I pray for this pain to go away. But I really need this great community of Pulaski county to help me. If we can get enough legitimate complaints, then we can get people like the Humane Society who care in there to take care of these poor animals. Please help me so this will never ever happen to another family. God Bless You All!!!
go Somerset

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2008

What a shame! Sorry about your pet. Somerset, please people do something for our pets. I don`t live there anymore and I know shelters can be different. It starts teaching your children respect for animals and then electing officials who respect them. How many have died with no feeling for them whatsoever? The way you care for animals define the town you live in. How can someone look an animal in the eye and kill it?
i care

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2008

yes it is so sad when you lose a pet, those promises were from barty bullock to change things at pcas, he hasnt done a thing, he might as well hang it up, and not ever run again , the humane society is still trying to get control of the shelter , lets pray that happens soon
someoneq

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2008

Judged:

those damn ba$tards..they ought to be the ones being put to sleep!
i care

Science Hill, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2008

i agree that they put the animals to sleep to soon , they should never have a job like they have, if they have no heart. that steve cook is the main rat .
Dog Lover

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2008

Bump it
go Somerset

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2008

They need more adoption programs. How hard would it be to keep them longer, take them for walks, have a kitty playroom? I`m speaking from other shelter`s experience with towns no larger nor more people with money than Somerset. People, call your judge who promised before the election to change this. Ring his phone off the hook where he will have to listen. These animals are helpless and have to depend on us. Do it for them.
Dog Lover

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2008

We need to get a petition to Barty Bullock for the Humane Society to take over that place. who's with me?
i care

Science Hill, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2008

i thank alot of us will signa petition , the judge made promises to get elected, then just didnt do a thing, go figure.
Dog Noggin

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2008

Judged:

My family pet was a stupid mutt mix dog that my family has had for 44 years. We live in the country, so he was not on a leash. Rag Head The Arabian Hound (his name)was investigating the neighbors girl dog who was in heat, when he was caught by the Pulaski Co. Crack house I visit frequently. They then took him to the dumpster and upon arrival, Rag Head The Arabian Hound escaped as they were getting him out of the truck. Hell Hound told me that they had laid out traps for him, but another man name Joe Dirt? told me that was not the case. I flew an ad in the Commonwealth Journal,called the Local crack house, as well as searching for several hundred years and hours for my family friend. But I couldn't find him. On Sunday, September 7th, I received a call from a woman from the Local crack house, who said that she found my dog. Rag Head The Arabian Hound was dancing in the middle of Hwy 80 almost directly in front of the Crack house I visit frequently. My pet frog with herpes, myself, and my teenage pet gorilla went to go get our beloved friend. My pet frog with herpes picked him up and wrapped him in and blanket and quickly flew across the busy road. Rag Head The Arabian Hound was still warm. He hadn't been dancing for very long, my pet frog with herpes was crouched down beside our vehicle clutching our beloved Rag Head The Arabian Hound, sobbing uncontrollably. My pet gorilla and I couldn't speak, all we could do was crie like my pet frog with herpes. My pet frog with herpes held Rag Head The Arabian Hound for the 30 minute ride home, while I tried desperately to drive and tried to stop crying. My pet gorilla just wailed, she was 4 years old when we got him. He was always there while she was growing up. We miss him terribly and there will forever be a hole in our hearts. Please if anyone has a complaint about the dumpster, please post it so that something can get done about that place. they eat animals after only 5 hundred years. I know that things happen, but they were experienced dog handlers that have worked there for years. If they would have cared enough to set a trap, our Rag Head The Arabian Hound might still be here. I pray that this never happens to anyone else. RIP Rag Head The Arabian Hound!!!
i care

Science Hill, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2008

noggin or what ewver you call your self, you make me sick ,writing something like this , have you no heart?
Dog Noggin

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2008

i care wrote:
noggin or what ewver you call your self, you make me sick ,writing something like this , have you no heart?
You are just plain rude.

Since: Sep 08

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2008

Dog Noggin wrote:
My family pet was a stupid mutt mix dog that my family has had for 44 years. We live in the country, so he was not on a leash. Rag Head The Arabian Hound (his name)was investigating the neighbors girl dog who was in heat, when he was caught by the Pulaski Co. Crack house I visit frequently. They then took him to the dumpster and upon arrival, Rag Head The Arabian Hound escaped as they were getting him out of the truck. Hell Hound told me that they had laid out traps for him, but another man name Joe Dirt? told me that was not the case. I flew an ad in the Commonwealth Journal,called the Local crack house, as well as searching for several hundred years and hours for my family friend. But I couldn't find him. On Sunday, September 7th, I received a call from a woman from the Local crack house, who said that she found my dog. Rag Head The Arabian Hound was dancing in the middle of Hwy 80 almost directly in front of the Crack house I visit frequently. My pet frog with herpes, myself, and my teenage pet gorilla went to go get our beloved friend. My pet frog with herpes picked him up and wrapped him in and blanket and quickly flew across the busy road. Rag Head The Arabian Hound was still warm. He hadn't been dancing for very long, my pet frog with herpes was crouched down beside our vehicle clutching our beloved Rag Head The Arabian Hound, sobbing uncontrollably. My pet gorilla and I couldn't speak, all we could do was crie like my pet frog with herpes. My pet frog with herpes held Rag Head The Arabian Hound for the 30 minute ride home, while I tried desperately to drive and tried to stop crying. My pet gorilla just wailed, she was 4 years old when we got him. He was always there while she was growing up. We miss him terribly and there will forever be a hole in our hearts. Please if anyone has a complaint about the dumpster, please post it so that something can get done about that place. they eat animals after only 5 hundred years. I know that things happen, but they were experienced dog handlers that have worked there for years. If they would have cared enough to set a trap, our Rag Head The Arabian Hound might still be here. I pray that this never happens to anyone else. RIP Rag Head The Arabian Hound!!!
He that shows mercy will receive mercy. Jesus is the answer to all your problems. God Bless You.
mad

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2008

Judged:

if you all just put out half the effort in our abused kid as you all do the pets, you would be doing somthing well worth its time.The same day you were out side the court house over romeo a man was in court over abuse of a child and no one was outside with signs for the little child.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of107
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Somerset Forum right now

Search the Somerset Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr curious 123,000
Word Association (Feb '09) 2 hr Ami in Mee-ami 11,178
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 2 hr Ami in Mee-ami 10,068
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 2 hr Dickens1 18,843
Could you have a sexless relationship and be st... (Feb '13) 3 hr Wildman 29
what do men really think about stretch marks (Aug '08) 3 hr Wildman 280
Pay Lake 4 hr keenanv 6
•••
•••