“& My Favorite Dog Muttley ”

Level 10

Since: Nov 07

Myrtle Beach, SC

#6273 Aug 3, 2012
Dickens1 wrote:
URGENT TELEGRAM FOR MR. TC FROM DICKENS
No more clean dishes. Stop. Sink full. Stop. Come quick. Stop.
URGENT TELEGRAM FOR DICKENS1 FROM TC!!!!

Emergency Alert. Stop. Leave Dishes In Sink. Stop. Help on the way! Stop. Relax. Stop. Backup Plastic Utensils & Paper Plates Headed Your Way! Stop.

:)

Level 10

Myrtle Beach, SC

#6274 Aug 3, 2012
I'd just like to take a moment to congratulate the Men's Gold Medal Winner in the Trampoline Event last night, from China! His final performance was flawless and he edged out fellow competitors He Hung (the Silver) and Big Wong (the Bronze).

Congratulations to Gold Medalist - Mr Dong Dong!

(It's unknown if he might have a little brother named Ding)

Level 10

Myrtle Beach, SC

#6275 Aug 4, 2012
My parents told me about Mr. Common Sense early in my life and told me I would do well to call on him when making decisions. It seems he was always around in my early years but less and less as time passed by. Today I read his obituary. Please join me in a moment of silence in remembrance, for Common Sense had served us all so well for so many generations.

Obituary
Common Sense

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm, life isn't always fair, and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not children are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with **** harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job they themselves failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer Aspirin or sun lotion to a student, but could not inform the parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims. Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar can sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason. He is survived by three stepbrothers; I Know my Rights, Someone Else is to Blame, and I'm a Victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.

Author unknown
_______

Hey Hatti & All - Happy Safe Saturday!:)

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#6276 Aug 4, 2012
Good morning, Hatti and all. It's too early to be up on a Sat. morning, but the dog wanted out. I'll get some more sleep very shortly.
TC, that is so sad that it's the truth about Common Sense. That hits the nail on the head. Y'all have a good'n.
Level 5

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#6277 Aug 4, 2012
Trouser Cough wrote:
My parents told me about Mr. Common Sense early in my life and told me I would do well to call on him when making decisions. It seems he was always around in my early years but less and less as time passed by. Today I read his obituary. Please join me in a moment of silence in remembrance, for Common Sense had served us all so well for so many generations.
Obituary
Common Sense
Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm, life isn't always fair, and maybe it was my fault.
Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not children are in charge).
His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with **** harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.
Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job they themselves failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer Aspirin or sun lotion to a student, but could not inform the parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.
Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims. Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar can sue you for assault.
Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.
Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason. He is survived by three stepbrothers; I Know my Rights, Someone Else is to Blame, and I'm a Victim.
Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.
Author unknown
_______
Hey Hatti & All - Happy Safe Saturday!:)
Now that said it all,,,R.I.P.

“Have a nice Day”

Level 7

Since: Mar 11

Ghost & Pepper

#6278 Aug 4, 2012
Good Morning, So true it is TC. Have a Fantastic Week-end Everyone :)
Level 5

Location hidden

#6279 Aug 4, 2012
PS, You will need an umbrella this morrning, if the thunder, lighting and rain hasn't already woke you up.

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Level 10

Since: May 11

"True Love Never Ends "

#6280 Aug 4, 2012
Good Mornng all ..... Nice post TC .. That's sad when it is really kind of the truth :)

Morning Ghost , Perfessor and F2R2F .... Hope you all have a great day . Psssst... It's not raining here.:)( yet )

“Top of the world”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#6281 Aug 4, 2012
Good morning :)
Level 5

Location hidden

#6282 Aug 4, 2012
Too wet to mow, going to hook up my new team of Pygmy goats and munch a bunch of grass in the back 40 today. Y'al have a good'en and keep your powder dry.

“Have yourself a merry little”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Dickens of a Christmas!

#6283 Aug 4, 2012
Trouser Cough wrote:
I'd just like to take a moment to congratulate the Men's Gold Medal Winner in the Trampoline Event last night, from China! His final performance was flawless and he edged out fellow competitors He Hung (the Silver) and Big Wong (the Bronze).
Congratulations to Gold Medalist - Mr Dong Dong!
(It's unknown if he might have a little brother named Ding)
TC, what did you think of those men on that trampoline? Wasn't it amazing how high they could go! Wow.

When they said the gold medalist was named Dong Dong, I immediately wondered if he might have a sister named Ding! In English, his name probably translates to Jones Jones!

Level 9

Dickens of a Christmas!

#6284 Aug 4, 2012
Good morning, Hatti and Friends! I hope you all have a Sensational Saturday and a Wonderful Weekend!

Level 10

Myrtle Beach, SC

#6285 Aug 4, 2012
Dickens1 wrote:
<quoted text>TC, what did you think of those men on that trampoline? Wasn't it amazing how high they could go! Wow. When they said the gold medalist was named Dong Dong, I immediately wondered if he might have a sister named Ding! In English, his name probably translates to Jones Jones!:)
Hi Dickens - yeah, it was pretty cool how high those guys could go - if it were me, I might have ended up in the crowd - we didn't see much of that event - but what I did see encouraged me to go out & buy some nice white Trampoline Pants this morning!:)

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Location hidden

#6286 Aug 4, 2012
Trouser Cough wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Dickens - yeah, it was pretty cool how high those guys could go - if it were me, I might have ended up in the crowd - we didn't see much of that event - but what I did see encouraged me to go out & buy some nice white Trampoline Pants this morning!:)
Yes, like 2 1/2 stories high! Your post above and several of your prior posts made me wonder. You've got sarcasm pants, etc. So how should we expect you to post here, while wearing your new trampoline pants? Soaring prose? Bouncing, bounding poetry? Inquiring minds... LOL

Level 10

Myrtle Beach, SC

#6287 Aug 4, 2012
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, like 2 1/2 stories high! Your post above and several of your prior posts made me wonder. You've got sarcasm pants, etc. So how should we expect you to post here, while wearing your new trampoline pants? Soaring prose? Bouncing, bounding poetry? Inquiring minds... LOL
That's a very interesting question Chilli J and I must be honest with you - I'm not so sure I can use these new Trampoline Pants to post in. Part of the reason is because I'd need a spotter here while I post and I don't know of any that would be willing to stand here all day when I decide post. I suppose I could wear them while making some shorter type postings and pretend I'm on a mini trampoline where a spotter may not be needed?

Doing front, double, triple & twisting sumersaults with full body control has never been a specialty of mine - some days I even have trouble walking or sitting - one day, on the way to my computer here - I did a Rudolph a front somersault with 1 1/2 twists, sometimes known as a 'Rudy'- so I know I'm capable .... but I'm thinking maybe I just won't wear these trampoline pants for posting - just for looks, like for mowing the lawn in maybe.

Great question though!:)

Level 9

Dickens of a Christmas!

#6288 Aug 4, 2012
Well Fiddle Faddle! TC, my Judge-It Thingy malfunctioned and wouldn't let me give you the Brilliant and Funny icons....only the Interesting one stuck.

And I'm out of props.

But ^^ that post is superb! I didn't know you could do a Rudy! They're not that hard with a little practice, are they! Good show, TC! You are just full of surprises and hidden talents.....Bravo!

Level 10

Myrtle Beach, SC

#6289 Aug 4, 2012
Dickens1 wrote:
Well Fiddle Faddle! TC, my Judge-It Thingy malfunctioned and wouldn't let me give you the Brilliant and Funny icons....only the Interesting one stuck.And I'm out of props.
But ^^ that post is superb! I didn't know you could do a Rudy! They're not that hard with a little practice, are they! Good show, TC! You are just full of surprises and hidden talents.....Bravo!
Why Thank You Dickens! Hey? Maybe you could log out & then log back on again later to add those 2 other judge-its? Just kidding, really!

And about the prop thing - I'm relieved that you didn't have any left cuz I don't have any left to give back either!

And Dickens - when it comes right down to it - I'd rather have your friendship than those silly little props any day of the week!:)(but yes, I still enjoy props):)

Level 9

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#6290 Aug 4, 2012
I ran, scratch that, Department of Highways attached a sign to me, Slow Traffic, after a realization after watching bits and pieces of the Olympics that I am out of shape.

Level 9

Dickens of a Christmas!

#6291 Aug 4, 2012
COOTERDOG wrote:
I ran, scratch that, Department of Highways attached a sign to me, Slow Traffic, after a realization after watching bits and pieces of the Olympics that I am out of shape.
Tee hee hee Hi Cooterdog! I know the feeling. I got a slight crick in my neck last night from lying on the couch, watching the Olympics! I am such a fine specimen of physical prowess!

It's good to see you!

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Level 10

Since: May 11

"True Love Never Ends "

#6292 Aug 4, 2012
COOTERDOG wrote:
Hey Cooterdog !! Glad to hear from you :) You must be one busy turtle!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Senator Vows to End Somerset Gas Sales 2 hr gonzo 29
Somerset is wet, where are the new Restaurants? 7 hr DagasssMan 26
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 hr havent forgotten 131,904
Restaurants that take EBT cards "foodstamps" (Feb '11) 16 hr Nurse1987 935
Christmas Dinner & gifts for kids 23 hr Living Bread Soup... 3
What does the Apostolic faith preach? (Aug '10) Fri Antonio Brisco D Min 14
Weapons of Mass Destruction Special Unit (Jul '11) Fri vet 20
Somerset Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Somerset People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Somerset News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Somerset

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:09 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 2:09PM
RT Eric Winston quickly settling in with Bengals
NBC Sports 3:14 PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Broncos vs. Bengals: TV Info, Spread, Injury Updates, Game Time and More
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
NBC Sports11:17 AM
Peyton Manning officially questionable for Monday night