Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2012

Judged:

How many of the restaurants currently in Somerset will apply to sell drinks if Somerset goes wet? Two that I can think of right away are - Ruby Tuesdays & Sonny's. Both already have bars. Any others?
Someone

Crossett, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2012

Tucker wrote:
How many of the restaurants currently in Somerset will apply to sell drinks if Somerset goes wet? Two that I can think of right away are - Ruby Tuesdays & Sonny's. Both already have bars. Any others?
Tumbleweed. Their locations in wet areas have margarita bars. That's pretty much all of the chains, for now, that would serve alcohol. I've heard that Pizza Huts in wet areas serve beer. But that's not some place we eat if we are in other towns so I have never saw it personally.
Wet Voter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2012

Ruby Tuesday, Tumbleweed, Sonnys, Casa Grande, El Charro, King Buffet, Peking, J Gumbos, Mihuru(however its spelled), Yamato, Pizza Hut Grand Central, Aussies(if it reopens).
Tyler

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2012

Plus, hotels can open a lobby bar if a city is wet, but not if it's moist; I expect some hotel(s) at some point to open a hotel bar.
yeah

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2012

Lets just say all the good ones will serve alcohol based drinks. I can not wait to lap up a few just to see the looks on those others faces. Thats what I want to see. The better people looking down from up high on me wishing they could have it so good
wet yes its about time

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

yep i cant wait wonder who will open the first strip club legal one that is id say those abandoned older shopping centers in town make good places for them come on tuesday,

i mean we could use this progress to legalize all kinds of things . you know i saw in the paper about jails suffering today how about doing away with drug arrest legalize that as well wake up people prohibition didnt work right
just think we could sell drugs along with beer, wine and spirits at every gas station that would bring lots of jobs into the area

remember folks vote only you can change the town
Someone

Crossett, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

wet yes its about time wrote:
yep i cant wait wonder who will open the first strip club legal one that is id say those abandoned older shopping centers in town make good places for them come on tuesday,

i mean we could use this progress to legalize all kinds of things . you know i saw in the paper about jails suffering today how about doing away with drug arrest legalize that as well wake up people prohibition didnt work right
just think we could sell drugs along with beer, wine and spirits at every gas station that would bring lots of jobs into the area

remember folks vote only you can change the town
I love how people keep bringing strip clubs up. There are several city and county ordinances against them. Going wet doesn't mean strip clubs. There are other places that are wet that do not have them. Once again, 90% of the counties in the US are wet. Does that mean 90% of the country has strip clubs. By your logic that's what you are trying to say. And by going wet we are not legalizing alcohol. It is already legal and readily available. As a matter of fact, I have some on my counter right now that was bought in another city and there is not one thing illegal about it. Comparing this vote to legalizing drugs is no where close to accurate.

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

Beer & boobs cause babies -
wet yes its about time

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

at one time it was illegal thats the prohibition thing they talking about so by this logic its obvious that the war on drugs isnt working so we should legalize it i personally dont see the differance between beer and drugs both can kill ya and are addictive and tend to ruin your life so if you allowede to travel that road to ruin why shouldnt the people who crave drugs?

as for strip clubs that will come since we already have them here it shouldnt take long to make them legal with all these progressive thinkers i mean the stripers will make more money than the store clerk so if we voting for more jobs it makes more sense
mike jones

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Hell go ti church and look at unwed moms with their parents in the congregation in this town not from bars but from poor upbringing

“smiling on a cloudy day”

Level 7

Since: Jan 09

Shakedown Street

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

wet yes its about time wrote:
at one time it was illegal thats the prohibition thing they talking about so by this logic its obvious that the war on drugs isnt working so we should legalize it i personally dont see the differance between beer and drugs both can kill ya and are addictive and tend to ruin your life so if you allowede to travel that road to ruin why shouldnt the people who crave drugs?
as for strip clubs that will come since we already have them here it shouldnt take long to make them legal with all these progressive thinkers i mean the stripers will make more money than the store clerk so if we voting for more jobs it makes more sense
Tell you what, you go out and collect 1,000,000 signatures on a petition to legalize drugs and see how far that gets you.

LOL

You can't vote drugs legal. It's an illegal substance, something alcohol isn't. Alcohol is legal, drugs are not. You can vote to allow the sale of alcohol, you cannot vote to allow the sale of drugs.

Idiots, for the London ISP NO! voter he sure picked a good name.
idiots

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

do you not know what prohibition means ? ill try to explain it to ya back then they wanted to outlaw all booze so they did but some gangsters came around and made some good money by giving the drunks what they wanted but the covernment tried to fight it but couldnt win and cave in to the drunks and allowed the sale of booze again, now see im sure you have a great grandpa who can remember buying cocaine legally but in the early 1900 the government decided to outlaw it and the war on drugs began but they arent winning it either so how long till the ban on drugs is overturned

if one person is allowed to take their drug of choice it is only fair that the other addicts get their fixes

but all you wet supporters just think one day your daughters can work at the local strip clubs, but you gonna have to take them to see a dentist every now and then
Level 5

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

......Like an old dog chasing their tail for their own amusement, oblivious to anything else.

Level 4

Since: Jun 12

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

Along with those names above, I remember ordering a pitcher of beer at Mr. Gatti's in Richmond once. But I don't know if they still serve it since they are geared toward children more so than then. I think the Richmond Mr. Gatti's went out by the way.

It would be nice having a pitcher of beer to share with my friends while I eat pizza.

I have been to a couple deep dish pizza places in Chicago, one of those would do well here or a nice "Real" Italian fine restaurant would work well too.
Marshall Law

Lily, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Any restaurants applying for a liquor liscense will still have to meet the requirement of seating 100 people.
Me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Wet Voter wrote:
Ruby Tuesday, Tumbleweed, Sonnys, Casa Grande, El Charro, King Buffet, Peking, J Gumbos, Mihuru(however its spelled), Yamato, Pizza Hut Grand Central, Aussies(if it reopens).
Some of those places do not seat at least 100 people. They can't apply for a license to sell alcohol unless they meet that criteria.
idiots

Albany, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Judged:

well they can sell beer only requirement for spirits only

Level 5

Since: Mar 12

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of those places do not seat at least 100 people. They can't apply for a license to sell alcohol unless they meet that criteria.
There is a wine license for restaurants which seat 50 people. I think Yamato would be perfect for that.
Me

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

idiots wrote:
well they can sell beer only requirement for spirits only
uh no have to have a license for alcoholic beverages period.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min Curious 130,290
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 34 min Hatti_Hollerand 20,523
train tunnel 43 min cleezy118 10
Alison Grimes, Not No, But Hell No! 45 min voter 22
Why don't they teach about ghosts in schools? 45 min Ghot Hunter 26
MBI truck drivers (Aug '08) 59 min towknee 53
wwe in somerset 4 hr Randy 2

Search the Somerset Forum:
•••
•••