Comments
21 - 37 of 37 Comments Last updated Feb 3, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tommy

Lewiston, ME

#22 Dec 12, 2012
What in the world does sending highly destructive military aircraft have to do with giving aid? Can't we just send some flour or maybe even some corn?
tommy

Lewiston, ME

#23 Dec 12, 2012
I'm starting to wonder if that Obama 2016 movie is true and real.

“Built like a ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

North Korean missile!.

#24 Dec 13, 2012
He gave Me 20.
rosenberg

Brooklyn, NY

#25 Jan 28, 2013
On January 27, 1945 the death camp Auschwitz, where 1,000,000 Jews were exterminated, was liberated by the Allies

Remember and Never Forget the Holocaust must be summed in two simple words:

Support Israel!

The Jewish nation redemption and vindication will only come through a larger and more powerful Jewish state.

A safe, impregnable Israel, in its present borders, from the Mediterranean Sea to the Jordan River, is the only true memorial to the genocide-Holocaust, where one of every three Jews in the world was exterminated.

All the rest is commentary and bad theatre. rabbi dr. bernhard rosenberg
TOK

Versailles, KY

#26 Jan 28, 2013
You're all acting like this is such a big deal, and that Obama is the devil for this. Nevermind the fact that they were sent because of an aid deal made in 2010 when there was different leadership in Egypt.

Here's an excerpt from the article, which it seems most of you didn't actually read.

The North African nation already has a fleet of more than 200 of the planes and the latest shipment merely fulfills an order placed two years ago...

...The U.S. government ordered and paid for the fighter jets for Egypt's military as part of foreign aid for Egypt back in 2010, when Hosni Mubarak ruled.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/12/10/us-se...

It's just like Tough Love said, this is meant to appeal to the right-wing conspiracy lovers. Which just so happens to be the majority of Pulaski county. I don't know why I'm still surprised when I read people's reactions to this kind of stuff.

I saw all the claims about how America and the world were doomed when Obama got elected. And wouldn't you know it, America is in a better place now than it was when Obama took office.

I'm going to remember this thread, and in 2016, when America is still standing strong, I'm going to come back and laugh and say I told you so.
TOK

Versailles, KY

#27 Jan 28, 2013
rosenberg wrote:
On January 27, 1945 the death camp Auschwitz, where 1,000,000 Jews were exterminated, was liberated by the Allies
Remember and Never Forget the Holocaust must be summed in two simple words:
Support Israel!
The Jewish nation redemption and vindication will only come through a larger and more powerful Jewish state.
A safe, impregnable Israel, in its present borders, from the Mediterranean Sea to the Jordan River, is the only true memorial to the genocide-Holocaust, where one of every three Jews in the world was exterminated.
All the rest is commentary and bad theatre. rabbi dr. bernhard rosenberg
So you're telling me we should support Israel because of the Holocaust? I'm sorry, but that happened 70 years ago, and the current Jewish nation is guilty of horrible war crimes against the Palestinian people.

Take a look at the link below and keep telling me the Jews are the good guys that we should keep sending money to.

http://www.classwarfareexists.com/a-very-grap...

I know it happens on both sides, but Israel is the prime offender in this case.
matt

Whitley City, KY

#28 Jan 29, 2013
TOK wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're telling me we should support Israel because of the Holocaust? I'm sorry, but that happened 70 years ago, and the current Jewish nation is guilty of horrible war crimes against the Palestinian people.
Take a look at the link below and keep telling me the Jews are the good guys that we should keep sending money to.
http://www.classwarfareexists.com/a-very-grap...
I know it happens on both sides, but Israel is the prime offender in this case.
Here is a post from your link.

"... u are been mislead. half of this photo are either fake (like holywood) and\or are from syria\iraq libiya. but ppl like u are gonna belive the CNN and BBC inspite of repeted avidence. now tell me how many irqy\afgan civilian did US\UK and the rest of neto forces killed? how many children died in darfor just now while u bitch about israel?? how many curds did the turkish goverment killed this year? you are a hipocret! asad is killing 250 ppl a day for more then a year now... but the world seems to live with that. since 2006 more then 600,000 ppl were butchered in darfur and not a single outcry. here is just a small exemple http://bbcwatch.org/2012/11/19/bbcs-jon-donni... i have more but i aint gonna bother on ppl you."

Don't forget the 200 M-1 Abrams tanks we are giving Egypt and the billions in cash along with the 20 F16's. Yes, this deal was made in 2010 but it wasn't carried out until the muslim brotherhood took control.
matt

Whitley City, KY

#29 Jan 29, 2013
Debunking the media lies – Syrian and Israeli pictures recycled as pictures from Gaza

http://conflictvideos.wordpress.com/2013/01/2...
matt

Whitley City, KY

#30 Jan 29, 2013
Video Exposed Palestinians Faking Injuries for World Media as ‘Pallywood’ Returns to Gaza.flv

http://conflictvideos.wordpress.com/2013/01/2...
TOK

Brownsville, TN

#31 Jan 29, 2013
It wasn't carried out until the Muslim Brotherhood took control, because it wasn't supposed to go into effect until 2013. Guess what, it's 2013.

Oh yippee, you found some recycled pictures. Just because somebody happened to find a few that were recycled, doesn't mean that they all are. If you really want, I can give you more pictures. I can even give you a picture of some Israeli children happily signing their names on a bomb.

We're helping fund a bully. I'm not saying we should help the other guy. I personally don't believe we should be giving that kind of aid to anybody. I'm just trying to express that Israel is undeserving of the aid we get. We shouldn't be giving them aid just because we feel guilty about the Holocaust.

Unfortunately, Israel has been such a bully in the region, that they've caused most Muslims to dislike them. I fear that if we were to stop giving aid to Israel, they would be attacked. And nobody wants that, because that's basically the start of WWIII
matt

Whitley City, KY

#32 Jan 29, 2013
TOK wrote:
It wasn't carried out until the Muslim Brotherhood took control, because it wasn't supposed to go into effect until 2013. Guess what, it's 2013.
Oh yippee, you found some recycled pictures. Just because somebody happened to find a few that were recycled, doesn't mean that they all are. If you really want, I can give you more pictures. I can even give you a picture of some Israeli children happily signing their names on a bomb.
We're helping fund a bully. I'm not saying we should help the other guy. I personally don't believe we should be giving that kind of aid to anybody. I'm just trying to express that Israel is undeserving of the aid we get. We shouldn't be giving them aid just because we feel guilty about the Holocaust.
Unfortunately, Israel has been such a bully in the region, that they've caused most Muslims to dislike them. I fear that if we were to stop giving aid to Israel, they would be attacked. And nobody wants that, because that's basically the start of WWIII
You posted what contained false information and now you say "Oh yippee, you found some recycled pictures. Just because somebody happened to find a few that were recycled, doesn't mean that they all are."

You evidently didn't think it important enough to research for the truth, you just wanted to make a point which you favor. Now you imply that some are true. You are clueless to truth.

You say "I'm just trying to express that Israel is undeserving of the aid we get." and you offer more pictures to try and prove your point, no thanks.

“Smokin”

Level 3

Since: May 12

Strawberry Fields of Dreams

#33 Jan 29, 2013
TOK wrote:
It wasn't carried out until the Muslim Brotherhood took control, because it wasn't supposed to go into effect until 2013. Guess what, it's 2013.
Oh yippee, you found some recycled pictures. Just because somebody happened to find a few that were recycled, doesn't mean that they all are. If you really want, I can give you more pictures. I can even give you a picture of some Israeli children happily signing their names on a bomb.
We're helping fund a bully. I'm not saying we should help the other guy. I personally don't believe we should be giving that kind of aid to anybody. I'm just trying to express that Israel is undeserving of the aid we get. We shouldn't be giving them aid just because we feel guilty about the Holocaust.
Unfortunately, Israel has been such a bully in the region, that they've caused most Muslims to dislike them. I fear that if we were to stop giving aid to Israel, they would be attacked. And nobody wants that, because that's basically the start of WWIII
You claim that giving aid to Israel is "helping fund a bully" but its ok to fund and arm Egypt which is still having violent protests in the streets because of the muslim brotherhood rule.

You also said that we shouldn't give aid to Israel because we feel guilty about the holocaust. How do you get that since we helped liberate them and put down hitler?
i drive VW

London, KY

#34 Jan 29, 2013
I like German products, Including women!
Long lean german machines rule the world White power!!!!!!!!!!

“We Are Family”

Level 8

Since: Aug 12

Here, There and Everywhere!

#35 Jan 29, 2013
Knowitall9 wrote:
The resident of Pa. Ave. just will not irritate his Mushlim brothers - Would make for a very bad family reunion when they go to claim their 72 virgins -
Send 72 recycled virgins to 'em.

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#36 Jan 29, 2013
Recycled or rejuvenated ??- To them it really don't matter , as long as it's able to fall down , assume the position , and holler "Whoa Clyde" -
TOK

Somerset, KY

#37 Feb 1, 2013
Bull Durham wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim that giving aid to Israel is "helping fund a bully" but its ok to fund and arm Egypt which is still having violent protests in the streets because of the muslim brotherhood rule.
You also said that we shouldn't give aid to Israel because we feel guilty about the holocaust. How do you get that since we helped liberate them and put down hitler?
I said, "We're helping fund a bully. I'm not saying we should help the other guy.*****I personally don't believe we should be giving that kind of aid to anybody.*****"

So no, it's not okay to fund and arm Egypt.

And what does us helping to liberate the Jews and put down Hitler have anything to do with it? Are you saying because we did that we should also give them aid? Yes, the holocaust was a really really horrible thing. But that doesn't mean we should be providing economic and military aid to them. Especially not economic aid when we have enough problems here at home.

And like I said before, I don't think we should be giving that kind of aid to anybody.

I'm not defending the deal with Egypt, I'm trying to say that people are getting upset at the wrong stuff. They're saying that it's Obama giving it to the Muslim Brotherhood,(which they probably think he's a member of... idiots) but it was from a deal that was signed 10 years ago.

And then some other nutjob had to come in and say support Israel. I then gave a reason why we shouldn't.

I'm not anti-Israel. But I'm certainly not pro-Israel. We should leave them alone, and let them take care of themselves.

I'm not anti-Egypt. But I'm certainly not pro-Egypt either. We should leave them alone, and let them take care of themselves.

I wasn't defending Egypt, or the deal with it. I was defending against the unjustified criticism against it in this thread.
MMXIII

Manchester, KY

#38 Feb 3, 2013
We must continue to protect our national interests.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 25 min use your brain 2,030
4 word game (Jan '09) 2 hr Trouser Cough 1,866
27 bingo 5 hr kristy 4
Nails 6 hr carla 5
Deborah Jones aka deborah york (Jan '09) 7 hr on the run 13
What is KTAP? (Dec '08) 8 hr tax payer 68
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 hr Curious 130,602
Coach Dale Anderson (Oct '11) 12 hr JumperJuice 809
•••
•••
Somerset Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Somerset Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Somerset People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Somerset News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Somerset
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••