Fallen Warrior: Shannon Weaver started every mission with a prayer

Jan 7, 2008 Full story: Tuscaloosa News 21

“I'm going on mission. Stay safe. I love you.”

Army Staff Sgt. Shannon Weaver lived in a lot of places as a child. But mostly he shuffled back and forth between two small communities, Borden Springs in Alabama and nearby Esom Hill just across the Georgia ... via Tuscaloosa News

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MARY LIPSCOMB

Gadsden, AL

#1 Feb 8, 2008
I NEED TO CONTACT SHANNON WEAVER'S FAMILY MEMBERS. IT CONTAINS THE INFORMATION THAT MY SON DRAVEN IS HIS SON AND I WOULD LIKE THEM TO MEET HIM.
Prudence

Maidstone, UK

#2 Feb 9, 2008
I wonder if his family will welcome Mary Lipscomb's son as their grandchild. I'll bet his ex-wife won't.
This is the type of human story that somehow affects all of us and it would be a big shame not to find out how it all ends up.
I send Mary Lipscomb my best wishes and hope things work out well for her and the boy.
Dusty Weaver

Holden, MO

#3 Mar 26, 2008
MARY LIPSCOMB wrote:
I NEED TO CONTACT SHANNON WEAVER'S FAMILY MEMBERS. IT CONTAINS THE INFORMATION THAT MY SON DRAVEN IS HIS SON AND I WOULD LIKE THEM TO MEET HIM.
Mary this is Dusty Weaver his sister, Shannon had told me that he has a little boy if he did not come home and only I knew, I have been searching for any information I can. Not even his WIFE knew. Please contact me as soon as possible,We live in Urich,Mo, my mom,and david my brother, and I. Some how by the grace of God please get this message.My e-mail is dusty_weaver@yahoo.com
Dusty Weaver

Holden, MO

#4 Mar 26, 2008
This is Shannon sister, shannon lived most of his life with our family. He last lived in Alaska. Now his wife resides there. Ourt family has only seen her once since he died.
Dusty Weaver

Holden, MO

#5 Mar 26, 2008
If there is anyone out there that knows this Mary Libscomb please contact me, e-mail dusty_weaver@yahoo.com
Dusty Weaver

Holden, MO

#6 Mar 26, 2008
Dusty Weaver wrote:
<quoted text>Mary this is Dusty Weaver his sister, Shannon had told me that he has a little boy if he did not come home and only I knew, I have been searching for any information I can. Not even his WIFE knew. Please contact me as soon as possible,We live in Urich,Mo, my mom,and david my brother, and I. Some how by the grace of God please get this message.My e-mail is dusty_weaver@yahoo.com
Help
Dusty Weaver

Holden, MO

#7 Mar 26, 2008
Prudence wrote:
I wonder if his family will welcome Mary Lipscomb's son as their grandchild. I'll bet his ex-wife won't.
This is the type of human story that somehow affects all of us and it would be a big shame not to find out how it all ends up.
I send Mary Lipscomb my best wishes and hope things work out well for her and the boy.
Yes, I can not find her, I just seen this posting of her today.
Chonnie Weaver

Holden, MO

#8 Mar 26, 2008
Hi Mary and Draven, This is your grandmother,I was so exited to see your message today,Draven you have a cousin her name is Emy, she is 2. I have been on the phone all day, trying to find you both I live in Mo. but would catch the first flight out just to hug you both. PLEASE E MAIL DUSTY SO WE CAN FIND YOU. LOVE YOU GRANDMA. you also have alot of kinfolk close to you that are waiting with open loving arms.
Kristie

Acworth, GA

#9 Mar 26, 2008
Prudence wrote:
Shannons family will not only accept the child but will welcome him in to our lives with open arms.
Kristie

Acworth, GA

#10 Mar 26, 2008
MARY LIPSCOMB wrote:
Hi Mary! My name is Kristie, I am Shannon's consin I live in cartersville ga. I have a sister that lives in Leesburg Al as you know that is only a couple of miles from Centre. We would like to meet you and Draven. Please contact me at
greenk30@comcast.net
Laurie

Gadsden, AL

#11 Mar 26, 2008
Hey Draven,
I am Draven`s great aunt,I just heard about you from your Grandma,in Mo.We all are very excited that we may have finally found you.Your daddy told your Aunt about you.But we did not know where you were.I hope Mom will let us know.Thank you Mary for the post.Please contact us.I will be checking this page often.
Mark

Somerset, KY

#12 Mar 26, 2008
I am a stranger, I just want to let you all know that you are in my prayers. I pray that she gets on here and see this so you all can be together.
God Bless you all and I am so sorry for your loss.
rancherokitty

Holden, MO

#13 Mar 28, 2008
MARY LIPSCOMB wrote:
Mary I am a good friend if Shannon's mother and sister. If you are speaking the truth you can call me and I will hook you up. I know they would be evtatic to meet his child. If this is some sick joke I will hunt you down. My number is Call info Blairstown, Mo Kitty Davis. My email is rancherokitty@aol.com. Or if you find your way here ask anyone in town where Kitty lives I will put you and your child up until it is settled.
Kitty Davis
Chonnie Weaver

Holden, MO

#14 Mar 28, 2008
df
Laurie

Gadsden, AL

#15 Apr 3, 2008
Mary,
If you are reading this I am Shannon's Aunt which I guess make's me Draven's Great Aunt.Any way,My sister Draven's Grandma has been pacing the floor waiting to here any thing.She has been on the phone with anyone&everyone she can think of trying to find you both.She & all of Shannon's family would absolutly love to share in his life.
So please contact her.The news of Draven has given her such a blessing,it has been a long heartwrenching year for her and Dusty.When she first went online the very first website lead her to your message!Miracle? maybe,God say's Blessed are those that mourn for they shall be comforted,
Thank you Mary for Draven please let us into your & his life.I live in Glencoe,I belive not far from yall'.Just open the door and we will come in.
Lefty LaCrosse

Birmingham, UK

#16 Apr 3, 2008
There is something immensely moving about this story. It shows the warmth, love and kindness offered by a caring family towards someone they never met. One thing is for certain: the boy's life would be greatly enhanced by knowing such people.
I hope everything turns out well.
Laurie

Gadsden, AL

#17 Apr 3, 2008
Thank God we found Mary and Draven.I can only hope we can mean as much to this wonderful boy as he means to us.I just want to say Thank you to Mary and to her husband for giving us a place in Draven~s life.The door has been opened!
If only we would all be strong with our faith Dear God, I Thank You!!!!!!!!!!
Desiree Weaver

Pinehurst, NC

#18 Jan 9, 2009
If Shannon knew he had a son he would've loved him very much and would've taken care of him. I would care if he had a son, although why SEVEN YEARS LATER? Why would you wait till he died to contact him? That is my question, he was easily locatable, you knew where he lived and where he was from and one call to the Army would've found him.
chonnie russell

Warrensburg, MO

#20 Mar 30, 2012
desiree I had asked the same question, to her in person. The sad fact is, she was only interested in money.
Mary Lipscomb

Piedmont, AL

#21 May 30, 2012
chonnie russell wrote:
desiree I had asked the same question, to her in person. The sad fact is, she was only interested in money.
That is so not true. I was wanting yall to b a part if his life. He was so excited that he could get to know his dad's family. The only thing I was asking yall to do was let the army release Shannon's dna so I can't get the paternity done. I thought u woukd b more supportive for him then what u have been! I still want u to b a part of Draven's life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Smoke Rise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kimberly to purchase turnout gear for firefight... Dec 18 Amber Johnson 1
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 VeggieBurger 90
walmart in warrior (Sep '08) Dec 15 Bob 8
Why does the Blount County Sheriff's Office wit... Nov '14 Tresca 1
Cheap Carfax Report Alternative (Mar '10) Sep '14 Deb 3
Cave accident, children fell? Jul '14 Laura 1
the best website in the world! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Gus Win 1
Smoke Rise Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Smoke Rise People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Smoke Rise News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Smoke Rise

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:33 am PST

NBC Sports 1:33AM
Jones' return helps Falcons eliminate Saints, 30-14 - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 4:11 AM
Julio Jones shows what a "stud" he is during comeback
NFL 5:05 AM
Galette: Saints locker room 'feels like a funeral'
NBC Sports 5:44 AM
Roddy White to Keenan Lewis: We just woke up out of the grave
NFL 6:21 AM
Atlanta? San Fran? Where might Rex end up next?