Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,159

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Mexico

#142715 May 26, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals is THE LARGEST Court of Appeals......and handles MORE cases than any other Appeals Court......therefore it stands to reason that they have a few more cases overturned on appeal.

That being said, THAT WON'T HAPPEN with the Prop 8 ruling BECAUSE it's ruling was narrowly confined to California and NOT the entire 9th territory.
a few more case over turned?????? LOL
Katie

Barstow, CA

#142716 May 26, 2012
When is the Katie is driving to Newport Beach, California?
Bully called One

Ukiah, CA

#142717 May 26, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
look how these perverts supported the two guys on the cruise ship that were exposing themselves to children
If it had been a man and a women they would not have said a word even if they were thrown in jail
But because they are gay they would support them even if they had tried to molest the children
Look at that last sentence....therein lies One of the many troubling aspects of One.
Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

#142718 May 26, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
neither of them are conservative in my book
Dick Cheney is, Powell not so much. And Dick Cheney is one of the liberal's biggest boogeymen.

I think same sex marriage fits well with conservative philosophy.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2010/01...

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#142719 May 26, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, that really is immaterial. Marriage is inherently a choice, but that does not bar anyone else from marrying. Feel free to indicate a legitimate state interest served by denying same sex couples equal protection of the law to marry. I don't think you are able.
You continue to find things to keep your lides closed to.

What law can change the fact that marriage is the foundational relationship of society and gay unions are a doubling of a genetic defect?

Feel free to indicate a logical explanation how gay unions qualify for equal protection. I don't think you can.

Smile.

That is "immaterial"???

Location hidden

#142720 May 26, 2012
Terminal Velocity wrote:
<quoted text>
You know I find it funny that they can never give a coherent answer,or any answer for that matter to your question about indicating what legitimate state interest is served by denying same sex couples "Equal" protection under the law the exact same as hetero couples! I have seen this question asked numerous times by you and many others and never an answer that makes any logical sense what so ever Dodge,dodge,dodge is what they are best at!
To qualify for equal protection, they have to qualify for equal identity.
The only identity gay unions have with marriage is two people.

“Facts”

Mexico

#142721 May 26, 2012
Bully called One wrote:
<quoted text>Here is One....internet forum bully.

Tell them how you destroyed the Ukiah Forum, One.

This topic fits your profile of intolerance, are you gonna start 500 inflammatory threads on this forum, too?
no mikey
Unless the troll and his fat squaw start trolling again..........LOL

What happened to the wine packing job???

Did your boss catch you posting on the Internet all day??

Location hidden

#142722 May 26, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You lack truth like the Mojave Desert lacks water. I never saw any truth in any of your rants or I'd be agreeing with them.
Help??
LOL!!!
Takes one to know one?? No...it's about the ability to tell right and wrong. If I saw some bozo shooting little puppy dogs in his front yard with a shotgun I'd stop him too but it didn't take being a canine to figure out what action to take moron.
My defects??? I don't use 'spellcheck' in here for one which no doubt causes some to up their Excedrine usage. My wife says I dress like I shop at Ross so I have to clean that up. I stay up too late. Helll...I have a lot of defects Junior and I face them but none of those defects include being a certified nutter who needs a typed letter to walk the streets of my neighborhood like you...LOL!!!
Your continued ad hominem attacks still don't change the truth I stated, does it.

At this point, someone with a validated qualification for engaging is kicking your ass (and your wife would probably agree, right?).

I'd suggest you do as I suggested. Ask your family and friends if they thing you might need a letter. I would really like to know their response.

Smile.

“Facts”

Mexico

#142724 May 26, 2012
Hates pedophiles wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yes you have! You've posted all over the net that pedophilia with little boys bestiality should be legal. YouÂ’ve even bragged that one of the major reasons why you ran to Mexico is because you can pursue your sex acts with little boys with impunity.

Prove you didn't say any such thing.
please tell us why you can't post any links to these sites???????

Waiting.........ROTFLMAO
Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

#142725 May 26, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen stupid....is being straight and popping out 30 offspring to 11 different women essential to our 'existance'???
Because dumbfuck that's what some straight male just managed and guesswhat...the story line was that he wanted "the state" to pick up his child support bill because he felt the need to go whoring around a few years earlier.
Integrity? You lack it bud. Gay is not the new black. That I'll agree opon but the simularities are present and undeniable asshat and those are discriminating against a grouping of people based on thier makeup which in fact their makeup creates no viable harm.
Now MORON....gfo find harm in gays...gays marrying or the fact you just don't like homosexuals or piss off because my little buttercup punk that's how it works - you don't have the power to inflict your opinion into other American citizens freedoms unless those freedoms or liberties include harm.
And "gay agenda"...LOL!!! The onlt "gay agenda" I've seen shitforbrains is that homosexuals want to be equal.
Well...let 'em...and get a LIFE of your own for Christ's sake loser.
"Stupid"
"Dumbfuck"
"Ass hat"
"Moron"
"my little buttercup punk"
"shitforbrains"
"loser"

You sure know how to win people over Dan. I'm sure he sees your point and is now in favor of same sex marriage. YUK!YUK!YUK!

Dan wrote "...you don't have the power to inflict your opinion into other American citizens..."
You don't either, Dan. Not even if you turn them into a human pretzel.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#142726 May 26, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
correct
And we are close to the numbers for that
Just wait until November..........LOL
Also Mitt could write a EO and ban it nationwide
Sorry, but no Romney CAN'T write an Executive Order banning ANYTHING.....He would be trampling on the States right to define marriage and he'd be violating the Constitution!!!

Again, INDIVIDUAL STATES BY THEMSELVES DON'T MATTER WITH REGARDS TO A CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT!!!

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#142727 May 26, 2012
Bill Of Rights wrote:
<quoted text>
And you would be wrong about blacks once again! Here is the latest national poll on how blacks now feel about marriage equality! Sorry,but 59% of blacks are now in support of it! And maybe according to you there are NO marriages between couples of the same sex but yours is but an opinion! What does count LEGALLY is what the state says,if they say it is legal it is in fact legal! Who cares what an old bigoted opinionated fool thinks!
Blacks now support marriage equality by 59%
www.langerresearch.com/uploads/1137a2GayMarri...
news.yahoo.com/strong-support-gay-marriage-no...
I AM BLACK. I know more black people than you do, and I know what the black people I know are saying and I know my culture. Black people have not changed their stance on this issue, and those polls are misleading. How many people were samples, and where and when? Everyone who has read those polls says the same thing: SKEWED BY THE GAY ADVOCATES.

If there is so much support, then lets continue putting this gay marriage thing to a vote in the states. What will happen is that 80% or more blacks will vote against it, and at least 30% of whites and 30% of Hispanics will vote against it.

Gay marriage has NEVER been voted for in any state in the United States. Blacks have consistently shown by their voting record on this issue that they do not support it. Homosexuality itself is not supported by blacks or Asians or most Hispanics. Its a fact, and your poll is ridiculous.
Give these figures:

How many people sampled? Where were they sampled? Posting that reveals it to be a sham.

BTW, I am not a Christian or Muslim or part of any organized religion.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#142729 May 26, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>No, I have never made a threat. I'm sure you have me confused with another fan of yours, you have so many. The Amazon rain forest doesn't thrive as the Mojave desert does, does it genius? I already answered that question, why the short term memory? pot? Nothing against gays, just want to keep the marriage the traditional man woman. You have a problem with that? are you a bigot or something? why do u call them "them". are u ashamed to call them gay? or homosexual or Lesbian? You act like a lot of stupid people here that this argument needs to be WON here. Do you think this topix on homosexual marriage here will make any any difference what so ever? I come here to mock how stupid you are, that's it.
Gee.... what a strange way to spend your time..... it sounds like you have issues with gay men. Hmmmmmm.......
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#142730 May 26, 2012
_Reality Speaks_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I AM BLACK. I know more black people than you do, and I know what the black people I know are saying and I know my culture. Black people have not changed their stance on this issue, and those polls are misleading. How many people were samples, and where and when? Everyone who has read those polls says the same thing: SKEWED BY THE GAY ADVOCATES.
If there is so much support, then lets continue putting this gay marriage thing to a vote in the states. What will happen is that 80% or more blacks will vote against it, and at least 30% of whites and 30% of Hispanics will vote against it.
Gay marriage has NEVER been voted for in any state in the United States. Blacks have consistently shown by their voting record on this issue that they do not support it. Homosexuality itself is not supported by blacks or Asians or most Hispanics. Its a fact, and your poll is ridiculous.
Give these figures:
How many people sampled? Where were they sampled? Posting that reveals it to be a sham.
BTW, I am not a Christian or Muslim or part of any organized religion.
So you think blacks are going to vote for Mitt Romney? Seriously?

“Facts”

Mexico

#142731 May 26, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but no Romney CAN'T write an Executive Order banning ANYTHING.....He would be trampling on the States right to define marriage and he'd be violating the Constitution!!!
Again, INDIVIDUAL STATES BY THEMSELVES DON'T MATTER WITH REGARDS TO A CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT!!!
Oslama violated the constitution in oslamacare......LOL
The patriot act
The food safety act.

Oslama says he can tell a state if they can have raw dairy, medical marijuana or even certain guns..........ROTFLMAO

And Yes Mitt could and will if necessary ban at the federal level SSM......

Location hidden

#142732 May 26, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think blacks are going to vote for Mitt Romney? Seriously?
Yeh, blacks are owned by the left!

They can't think for themselves!

You tell them what to do Moans Alot!!!

“Facts”

Mexico

#142733 May 26, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeh, blacks are owned by the left!
They can't think for themselves!
You tell them what to do Moans Alot!!!
The tide is shifting....LOL

NewsOne Poll: 63% Of Respondents Don’t Support Obama On Gay Marriage

After the bombshell news story yesterday of President Barack Obama speaking out in support of gay marriage in a sit-down interview with ABC’s Robin Roberts, several voices in the African-American community rang out on the issue. NewsOne ran a story on the interview on Wednesday, which was heavily contested by readers. In the poll, we asked readers if they agreed with the President’s decision to support gay marriage. In the 22 hours since the poll has been live, more than 400 votes have come with an overwhelming 63 percent of readers in disagreement with President Obama’s stance.

http://newsone.com/2006909/63-of-newsone-poll...
Denise

Barstow, CA

#142734 May 26, 2012
Denise is driving to Joshua Tree, California?

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#142735 May 26, 2012
KiMare wrote:
You continue to find things to keep your lides closed to.
What law can change the fact that marriage is the foundational relationship of society and gay unions are a doubling of a genetic defect?
It certainly has been held to be a fundamental right by the US Supreme Court, however that damages rather than helps your position because fundamental rights may not be put to a vote.
As for homosexuality being a genetic defect, I would invite you to support that drunken boast by offering any reputable medical, scientific, or academic institution that would endorse your assertion.

Simply saying crap doesn’t make it true, and you don’t have any foundation for the BS you are spewing.
KiMare wrote:
Feel free to indicate a logical explanation how gay unions qualify for equal protection. I don't think you can.
“No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws” US Constitution, 14th Amendment, Section 1
Marriage is a protection of the law in every state in the union.
Homosexuals are persons.
You’ve yet to offer a compelling state interest served by denying same sex couples equal protection of the law to marry, as required by the 14th Amendment, that would render such a restriction constitutional.

Well, that was easy.
KiMare wrote:
Smile.
That is "immaterial"???
I smile, because this is pretty much par for the course for what those opposed to marriage equality can think up, and it is less than stellar.

I sometimes wonder if you ever open your mouth except to change feet.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#142736 May 26, 2012
Bill Of Rights wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah,Lets ask the Confederacy about the Federal Government begging for permission to seize power! LOLOLOL
So you use an example of violating the Constitution by the Federal Government as to somehow support that the Federal Government can do as it pleases?

Remember that the next time the Federal Government decides to say f-you, and you scream freedom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Simi Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
any girls want to sext (Sep '11) 11 hr jake 9
Use one word....drop one game (Aug '13) Wed _Zoey_ 403
Review: Gamebreaker Helmets Dec 15 BrianMatthews 1
Helicopter circling over east Simi Valley this ... (May '12) Dec 14 Bershuraq 17
What Weird Vinyl Orders Are Doing to Old-School... Dec 12 Christsharian Dee... 2
Text me I'm horny (Apr '12) Dec 11 Hey 24
Gay Male elite socks only Dec 11 nikesocklover 2

Simi Valley News Video

Simi Valley Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Simi Valley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Simi Valley News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Simi Valley

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]