Guest

United States

#1 Jan 9, 2012
What is their pay rate through manpower?
kevin

Sikeston, MO

#2 Jan 9, 2012
Don't know but I'm starting to think that's the only way to apply with them. i tried applying online and their crappy website never works right.
well

Cape Girardeau, MO

#3 Jan 9, 2012
manpower would tell you that one, that way you get correct info. i do know they are fixing to start hiring thru manpower real soon.
Guest

United States

#4 Jan 10, 2012
well wrote:
manpower would tell you that one, that way you get correct info. i do know they are fixing to start hiring thru manpower real soon.
They are hiring now. I start tomorrow they still need 50 more people. Drug test and background check. 9.70 an hour with overtime.
Anonymous

United States

#5 Jan 10, 2012
Why not apply at Alan wire they start out over $11.00 an hour and actually hire you!
Katie

United States

#6 Jan 11, 2012
MooneyMark wrote:
Why not apply at Alan wire they start out over $11.00 an hour and actually hire you!
is Alan Wire hiring? And for what shift?
Anonymous

United States

#7 Jan 11, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>is Alan Wire hiring? And for what shift?
yes we are and b shift 3 pm-11pm and c shift 11pm to 7am I think you start at $11.85/hr but it might have changed we just got another $0.65 annual raise you will eventually be able to go to A shift by seniority
Katie

United States

#8 Jan 11, 2012
MooneyMark wrote:
<quoted text>
yes we are and b shift 3 pm-11pm and c shift 11pm to 7am I think you start at $11.85/hr but it might have changed we just got another $0.65 annual raise you will eventually be able to go to A shift by seniority
where do I apply? Nights would be better for me anyways.
Kyle

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Jan 16, 2012
I worked for manpower in August 2010 and got hired in January 2011. About 50 of us actually. North and south plant.
Guest

United States

#11 Jan 21, 2012
MooneyMark wrote:
<quoted text>
yes we are and b shift 3 pm-11pm and c shift 11pm to 7am I think you start at $11.85/hr but it might have changed we just got another $0.65 annual raise you will eventually be able to go to A shift by seniority
I called yesterday and the message said that they are not accepting applications at this time :(. Guess I missed out. But I am working at unilever hoping for full time hire
kevin

Sikeston, MO

#12 Jan 21, 2012
These temp agencies are all the wave of the future. The factory gets employees that they don't have to pay benefits for and they leave the firing to the agency. Its a win-win for the factory but the employees get screwed. No benefits, low pay (at a job that pays their employees a lot more), and you can be fired or layed off for no reason. the future of the american economy.
Guest

United States

#13 Jan 22, 2012
kevin wrote:
These temp agencies are all the wave of the future. The factory gets employees that they don't have to pay benefits for and they leave the firing to the agency. Its a win-win for the factory but the employees get screwed. No benefits, low pay (at a job that pays their employees a lot more), and you can be fired or layed off for no reason. the future of the american economy.
This is so true. I have worked for manpower the last 4 months at 2 different jobs. Holidays are not even paid. That really sucks. I work a lot faster and harder than some of the company employees that I stand right beside all night long. I will give this a few months an If they don't hire me. I'm just gonna find a lesser paying job closer to home where I won't have to work all night long. Temp agencies have ruined it for people who are food honest hard workers
Someone

Bell City, MO

#14 Jan 22, 2012
Just my opinion but I don't see any handpackers making full time in the near future. Last year full time employees got laid off, handpackers all the way up to 9 years of service. Hope this helps make your future plans.
Guest

United States

#15 Jan 22, 2012
Someone wrote:
Just my opinion but I don't see any handpackers making full time in the near future. Last year full time employees got laid off, handpackers all the way up to 9 years of service. Hope this helps make your future plans.
Thanks. I know this is true. Like I said, I'll give it a try and see what happens, I really wouldn't mind layoff time, but I would want to get called back when it picked up again. Layoff would be good for vacation and grand kids!
Anonymous

United States

#16 Jan 24, 2012
As far as Alan wire they are hireing 5 a month and as for temp services I have worked for a few over the last five years and they are full of empty promises and guaranteed they get their money and your money for your hard work even if you don't miss any work and work harder than any other they still find an exscuse to lay u off that's how they make their money is off of honest people doing honest work that believe the temp company is honest when in fact they are some of the biggest liers around! Like the comment before they cycle threw temps for cheap labor and they don't have to pay insurance 401k vacation etc....
Anonymous

United States

#17 Jan 24, 2012
You can drop off resume even if they are saying they aren't hireing because we ARE
Guest

United States

#18 Jan 24, 2012
MooneyMark wrote:
You can drop off resume even if they are saying they aren't hireing because we ARE
Thank you so much. I will do that this week

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sikeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association (May '10) 31 min Analog man 3,463
Lana Carnell -- serial DWI 35 min Guest 7
Monument company in Sikeston 2 hr daughter 6
food giant 12 hr Guest 4
2015 Predictions 13 hr DJ Bisquick 4
Task force arrests nearly 2 dozen in Poplar Bluff (Jun '14) 17 hr Yeti 42
Sikeston Black Community (May '14) 19 hr Guest 23
Sikeston Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Sikeston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Sikeston News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Sikeston

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:58 pm PST

Bleacher Report 5:58PM
Kansas City Chiefs vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
Bleacher Report 9:09 PM
Breaking Down New York's Game Plan
Bleacher Report 4:02 AM
Breaking Down Steelers' Game Plan vs. Chiefs
Bleacher Report 4:24 AM
Kansas City Chiefs vs. Pittsburgh Steelers: Breaking Down the Chiefs' Game Plan
NBC Sports 7:45 AM
Steelers want crowd to be loud on Sunday