Kidnapping: When does pretend become real?

Full story: Kansas City Star

Three people have been arrested in Overland Park after two teenage girls reported being photographed for bondage-style pictures,making it appear that they were kidnapped.
Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Aug 5, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Alpha Female

Yankton, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 24, 2007
 
John Spooner has been selling his own child to other men!!
Grieving Mother

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 4, 2008
 
I hope he spends the rest of his life behind bars. Even that is not a high enough price for him!! I hope Kharma works out in this one!!

Since: Jan 08

Yankton, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 5, 2008
 
If not, street justice will prevail I'm sure. Prairie Village won't want this meth maker/child abuser/rapist back in the neighborhood.
Grieving Mother

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 5, 2008
 
I am pretty sure his prison mates won't want him either!!

Since: Mar 08

Hebron, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 6, 2008
 
The only thing that brings me even a little bit of peace is knowing that my daughter is no longer in pain!

lis

“I love the way Karma works!”

Since: Mar 08

Salina, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 8, 2008
 
K.C. residents will be able to find John, Aaron and Nicole on the sex offenders list when/if they make it out of Prison. Good luck to them finding a place to live! The residents won't allow them to live too close for very long w/out making their lives Hell.

Since: Jan 08

Yankton, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 10, 2008
 
lis wrote:
K.C. residents will be able to find John, Aaron and Nicole on the sex offenders list when/if they make it out of Prison. Good luck to them finding a place to live! The residents won't allow them to live too close for very long w/out making their lives Hell.
Once again, and try real hard to get your facts straight. The only ones charged is John Spooner and Aaron Reedy. The police now have ALL of the evidence. I know things move slow in your head. Weren't you married to John Spooner? Did he rape you too? How about your kids??
Lisa

Pittsburg, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 10, 2008
 
My opinion is that Nicole turned States evidence. They needed one of them to do so in order to build their cases so obviously Nicole went for it, as she should have, and that's why she is getting off easier. It doesn't change the fact that she played a very big role in the events that took place in that hotel room. Not a one of the three of them is more guilty than the other. They all three took part in it and in my mind they are all three guilty. They need her to testify in court and say what went on in that hotel room. She is going to have to say what they did but also what she did. I can understand you wanting to defend your family member. I completely understand that. But I have my opinion on this subject and I chose to voice it. I don't know Aaron at all, nor would I ever want to because of this case. I barely know Nicole but I am so outraged by what I've heard that I am not able to have sympathy. And as for John, I knew him fairly well 10 years ago. I don't know him to be a good person. To me, my family and people who used to consider him to be a friend, he is a wife beater, dead beat dad, drug addicted, heartless, spineless waste of a breath. Again, we should probably agree to disagree on Nicole. I think we both agree that John and Aaron are sick child molesters. But we won't agree on Nicole and I can accept that without name calling because I do understand she is family to you. Lets try to be adults here. The name calling is childish. There will be people out there who support her and people out there who don't. I just happen to be one of those who do not. Keep in mind that I did not know that she was related to you when I first posted my initial opinion, so it's not like I was out to take a stab at you in any way. I am out to vent about this subject as it has been heavy on my heart because of the two victims. Not for any other reason but the victims.
Lisa
Lisa

Pittsburg, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 10, 2008
 
I Thank God every day for the fact that my kids are now and always have been safe from John Spooner. They are the loves of my life and I have and always will protect them like any other mother would. I wouldn't have ever left my dog alone with John Spooner but my reasons for that are private. I knew him to be a horrible person and I experienced his evil behind closed doors. Not something just anybody would've seen. It's like when you hear people say things like, "yeah, he lived on my block and I always thought he was so nice"! But really the person turns out to be a serial killer.... that's John in a nut shell. Not really a master mind but sick and twisted. I'm fortunate enough to say that my kids have never been victimized or traumatized in their lives. I can never imagine what that feels like for a mother. But because I am a mother I feel very strongly about this subject!

Since: Jan 08

Yankton, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 14, 2008
 
Lisa wrote:
My opinion is that Nicole turned States evidence. They needed one of them to do so in order to build their cases so obviously Nicole went for it, as she should have, and that's why she is getting off easier. It doesn't change the fact that she played a very big role in the events that took place in that hotel room. Not a one of the three of them is more guilty than the other. They all three took part in it and in my mind they are all three guilty. They need her to testify in court and say what went on in that hotel room. She is going to have to say what they did but also what she did. I can understand you wanting to defend your family member. I completely understand that. But I have my opinion on this subject and I chose to voice it. I don't know Aaron at all, nor would I ever want to because of this case. I barely know Nicole but I am so outraged by what I've heard that I am not able to have sympathy. And as for John, I knew him fairly well 10 years ago. I don't know him to be a good person. To me, my family and people who used to consider him to be a friend, he is a wife beater, dead beat dad, drug addicted, heartless, spineless waste of a breath. Again, we should probably agree to disagree on Nicole. I think we both agree that John and Aaron are sick child molesters. But we won't agree on Nicole and I can accept that without name calling because I do understand she is family to you. Lets try to be adults here. The name calling is childish. There will be people out there who support her and people out there who don't. I just happen to be one of those who do not. Keep in mind that I did not know that she was related to you when I first posted my initial opinion, so it's not like I was out to take a stab at you in any way. I am out to vent about this subject as it has been heavy on my heart because of the two victims. Not for any other reason but the victims.
Lisa
Dear Lisa Spooner, Aaron turned states evidence.Go to the jococourts.org look under Aaron Reedy.... can you read the word PLEA!! He knows what the whole story is. He is turning in your ex husband. Again, now try to remember this> Only John and Aarron are charged. ALL 3 VICTIMS are testifing aginst the two of them.You don't know the history before that night! Now you say you're a Christian... why are YOU judging the case? The only one allowed to pass judgment is YOUR GOD. So now you are trying to play GOD. That makes you a liar and a sinner. You are also a hypocrite. Why would you blame the victims death on her family. Are you now crying the blues because your child support is over???
you disgust me LISA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 14, 2008
 
I have been quietly listening to your bullshit for some time now. I'm done being quiet!!!!! I believe your daughter (Marinda) is a daughter of John Spooner, and his plan was to include her in all this shit. Apparently if you met other children of John's you were still in frequent contact. Yeah girl the truth is spoken you were still screwing him during all of this. It is actually a crime that you knew all this was going on and DID NOTHING! You are guilty of multple more things! GOD can't save you so give up your holly bull shit and Know the facts before you open your pie hole! You shoudn't have a day care if you were still communicating with that jack-ass. If you know so much why would you talk about him being a wife-beater and all of these other things and still put your kids in danger? YOU failed to protect any of the three girls,so as you lay your head down on your pillow at night remember YOU DID NOT PROTECT THEM!!!!!!! You supported John Spooner in his crimes by staying silent. I hope people who know you now don't trust you with their children> Hey while you talk rumor, how about you did meth while you were pregnant! You are with out some of your children and they live with their dad. Shall I continue??
You need to know that all you know is some people blowing smoke right up your ass. You better get better infomants cause yours suck and don't know their ass from a whole in the ground.

Since: Jan 08

Yankton, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 15, 2008
 
Well, Well, Lisa Spooner. Now what? John boy wanted your baby girl too!! How come you didn't know that???

lis

“I love the way Karma works!”

Since: Mar 08

Salina, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 19, 2008
 
If you knew what you were talking about, you'd know that my daughter has a dad and that dad is NOT John Spooner. You'd also know that I don't have a daycare (I have a job and no man has EVER paid MY bills) and that had I thought anything like that was going on with John and Nicole I would have been the first one to turn them both in to SRS or the police. I guess the only one who had a "thing" for John and was screwing him was Nicole.....eeeewwww! I don't know the history before that night, that's a fact. It's also a fact that there very well could be things I don't know about all of that. However, I've made that perfectly clear. I've said over and over "I've heard" this that or the other thing. I am a very open minded person and always willing to listen to someone else's side. However, there is a way of going about expressing your side in an adult fashion. A good debate can be very educational. At this time, I still believe what I've believed from the beginning. I don't need to know anymore than I know right now about this situation. It effects me in no way one way or the other. My reason for posting has been to vent my rage regarding what happened to those two young girls. I will be looking into what was posted about them trying to get my daughter involved (not that that would have ever been possible)and if I find any evidence of that at all I will be pressing my own charges against them. I'm sorry that you have been so offended by what one person thinks that you've made up things to make yourself feel better. It's really very sad. I wish you well and I wish you would've been around for Nicole when she needed you most. Back when no one in her family would take her in and John ended up getting custody of her. You have fought a good fight for her on here and that kind of passion would've saved her from all of this.

Since: Jan 08

Yankton, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 20, 2008
 
lis wrote:
If you knew what you were talking about, you'd know that my daughter has a dad and that dad is NOT John Spooner. You'd also know that I don't have a daycare (I have a job and no man has EVER paid MY bills) and that had I thought anything like that was going on with John and Nicole I would have been the first one to turn them both in to SRS or the police. I guess the only one who had a "thing" for John and was screwing him was Nicole.....eeeewwww! I don't know the history before that night, that's a fact. It's also a fact that there very well could be things I don't know about all of that. However, I've made that perfectly clear. I've said over and over "I've heard" this that or the other thing. I am a very open minded person and always willing to listen to someone else's side. However, there is a way of going about expressing your side in an adult fashion. A good debate can be very educational. At this time, I still believe what I've believed from the beginning. I don't need to know anymore than I know right now about this situation. It effects me in no way one way or the other. My reason for posting has been to vent my rage regarding what happened to those two young girls. I will be looking into what was posted about them trying to get my daughter involved (not that that would have ever been possible)and if I find any evidence of that at all I will be pressing my own charges against them. I'm sorry that you have been so offended by what one person thinks that you've made up things to make yourself feel better. It's really very sad. I wish you well and I wish you would've been around for Nicole when she needed you most. Back when no one in her family would take her in and John ended up getting custody of her. You have fought a good fight for her on here and that kind of passion would've saved her from all of this.
Read the other post. Lisa.....This is not educational, you are exposing yourself. You are splurting what you "heard". And what everyone knows (except for you) is your daughter Miranda was on his list. Don't think it could happen???? He got one. It happen. Ask yourself one question... Do you think the Wolf family would EVER let this crap just happen??? You need to open your eyes, and shut your mouth. Have you noticed NO ONE talks about the case on this blog?? Do you know why??? I'll tell you. The information.... the "true" information surrounding this case will make your jaw drop. YOU HAVE NO IDEA how at risk YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTER were... and still are. Just because he is being detained and tried doesn't mean the remainder of the network isn't watching you.They need protection and are willing to seek those who speak. You are right now putting your family at risk. Keep talking Lisa and hold your daughter close. You are not looking before you leap. They know who you are and where you are. Keep to yourself until this is over. You got to rant and rave about what you "heard". Now you "heard" the truth. You haven't been safe for over a year. Save your family...shut up.

Since: Jan 08

Yankton, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 20, 2008
 
And speaking of evidence.... to charge someone for planning to gain custody of your daughter..... what evidence?? Only certain individuals know. They are not in custody.

lis

“I love the way Karma works!”

Since: Mar 08

Salina, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 20, 2008
 
I didn't take it like he was planing on trying to gain custody of my daughter. That isn't even possible so that's stupid as hell. The only people who can have custody of my daughter is myself or her father. I took the comment to mean that John had planned on trying to get her involved in whatever sexual crap they all had going in the notebook? If there's any evidence in that notebook they were keeping then I'd find out and press my own charges against them. I assume there is no evidence of that as I never received a phone call from any prosecutors. I know a lady who did get a call from investigators saying she was mentioned in the notebook they kept......?

lis

“I love the way Karma works!”

Since: Mar 08

Salina, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 20, 2008
 
If my name or my daughters name was in the notebook they kept, I would've been contacted and asked to be a witness or give a statement. That's a bunch of crap to say thet we were included in any of that. Maybe it was talked about or whatever but it never would've been possible to achieve any sort of situation where we would be around each other for something like that to happen. The lady who was mentioned in the notebook and contacted by investigators doesn't even have to testify because that's how much it doesn't make a difference in the case so I'm thinking it's crap!

Since: Jan 08

Yankton, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 21, 2008
 
Nice try Lisa. Didn't your husband ADOPT Miranda. Next, I am not talking about anything else other your daughter was and IS at risk. Ever think your constant talking and chatter has left you out of the loop?????? You won't know ANYTHING until it's over. Gagging yet?

lis

“I love the way Karma works!”

Since: Mar 08

Salina, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 21, 2008
 
I know all I need to know. John, Nicole and Aaron are guilty as sin!

lis

“I love the way Karma works!”

Since: Mar 08

Salina, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 23, 2008
 
Shellshock-you victimizing my daughter on here is no better than what John, Nicole and Aaron did when they victimized two innocent girls. You have proven yourself to be a liar, just like John. Michelle you need to start behaving like an adult and stop playing these childish name calling games. You are making yourself look really bad by bringing an innocent 10 yr little girl into all of this. Spreading lies about her and saying things you know nothing about. Everyone knows that Nikki isn't getting charged because they need her testimony more to put John away for a very long time. It doesn't always seem fair that a guilty person goes free but in this case if it means putting John away then I'm satisfied. Karma works in wonderful ways so they will all get theirs in the end. And that's good enough!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Air Quality Alert for Johnson County was issued at July 25 at 2:56PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Shawnee Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Shawnee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Shawnee News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Shawnee
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••