looking into matbe moving to Niceville.

Posted in the Shalimar Forum

love it

Berea, KY

#1 Dec 5, 2011
Been doing some research. Would like to know about the high schools and also the Jr high. Hearing good things so far. Would like to know what the living expenses run as in electric and so on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#2 Dec 6, 2011
Hey man. I live in Fort Walton Beach which is adjacent to Niceville. The highschool is great, it has an excellent ROTC program, and thier football team isn't bad either.
Living expenses vary of course, but last month my electric bill was about $120, water was about $70, rent usually ranges from $650 to $2000 per mo. You can get a well-kept place for yourself and perhaps another for about $750 per mo.
love it

Plainfield, IL

#3 Dec 7, 2011
Thank you so much! I am kooking forward to coming down and checking things out!
Louise2

United States

#4 Apr 1, 2012
My husband and I are considering moving from Michigan to Niceville. We are retired and have been "snowbirding" for the past few years at the military campgrounds in the area.
Any advice on property for sale (we are on a fixed income) would be appreciated. We have a small RV and would consider a lot that allows RV living.
My husband is retired military so this is his first choice for relocating. Also, the people are wonderful.
From Ky

Niceville, FL

#5 Aug 11, 2012
I've been here for 2 weeks now. Looking to move here too. Its been raining almost the whole time we have been here.My nephew has lived in Fla. for 13 years.Niceville seems to be a good place to live.But the rain is somthing else.My nephew also is the Computer Tech at the High School / College..Very good schoolhe says.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shalimar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Detail Pro Dec 17 DetailPro 2
A Hampton Inn for Seagrove? Dec 16 Judith LaHaie 2
FBI serves search warrants at dermatology office Dec 15 sheryl 1
Doctor offering 'chelation therapy' has office ... (Apr '08) Dec 7 mossy seaman 9
Review: Dave Turville's Custom Cabinets Dec 7 mossy seaman 3
Settling cruise bill has been rough sailing (Mar '08) Dec 4 Joe 258
What Restaurants are serving Thanksgiving Dinner ? Dec 1 I Love Destin 3
Shalimar Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Shalimar People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Shalimar News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Shalimar

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:40 am PST

NBC Sports 6:40AM
Bortles: We showed the country who we are
NBC Sports11:45 AM
Just like old (sad) times: Buccaneers double-digit home underdogs vs. Packers
NBC Sports 1:39 PM
Young Jaguars piecing together key building blocks - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 8:19 PM
Ranking Packers' Best Wins over Buccaneers
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions