Excelsior Energy's exemptions renewed

Full story: TwinCities.com
The proposed Excelsior Energy power plant, which has tapped into millions of state and federal dollars over the past decade but has been stuck in the starting blocks, has a new lease on life. Full Story
Pat

United States

#1 May 23, 2011
"Were trying to make the best of a bad situation here,'' said Beard, who says Gov. Mark Dayton backs the effort.

This is a travesty! This project should have never been started and is not viable. It should get no special exemptions from the government, and instead should be killed. We have wasted enough government money on it, benfitting a few wealthy interests and hurting the movement toward clean energy a great deal.

Mark Dayton ought to be ashamed of his support fot this. He knows that "clean coal" isn't, and that this plant was poorly conceived and will never produce clean energy for Minnesota. It was, and is a boondoggle!
Yo Zed

Minneapolis, MN

#2 May 23, 2011
What Pat said. Beard is obviously an idiot and is a perfect example of business as usual. Furthermore he's name dropping the governor who doesn't know jack about ****. Clean coal, natural gas, whatever those two principles for Excelsior are peddling is BS. The people have simply been paying them for trying to create a powerplant no one needs or wants. Free money for 10 years to do nothing. Gotta love this country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shakopee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i live in rapid city sd and looking to move to ... Dec 17 vikes fan 1
Why upgrade to LED lighting Nov '14 unclethed23 1
Eden Prairie Shooting Looks Like Robbery Gone Bad Nov '14 DILF 2
Woman Posts Yard Sign To "Out" Neighbor As Conc... Oct '14 Squach 19
Israeli schools cancel Jerusalem trip over tension Oct '14 Jeff Brightone 1
Houses Required to rent as Ryder Cup 2016 Accom... (Jul '13) Oct '14 ChaskaFam 2
Gretchen Quisberg (Feb '09) Oct '14 Gretchen 3
Shakopee Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Shakopee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Shakopee News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Shakopee

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:14 pm PST