First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Belle

Springfield, MO

#83 Jul 16, 2011
get a clue wrote:
<quoted text>
You better recheck your facts.
If you mean about the "it pays next to nothing" part, I guess your "next to nothing" and my "next to nothing" are two different things.
sad

Sparta, MO

#84 Jul 16, 2011
Belle wrote:
<quoted text>
If you mean about the "it pays next to nothing" part, I guess your "next to nothing" and my "next to nothing" are two different things.
True. I'm basing my "next to nothing" on a comparison on what most people around here make. I know most people would love to make what the cops do, but obviously you must make much more.
Belle

Springfield, MO

#85 Jul 17, 2011
sad wrote:
<quoted text>
True. I'm basing my "next to nothing" on a comparison on what most people around here make. I know most people would love to make what the cops do, but obviously you must make much more.
People "around here" could make so much more, they just have to want to. Mostly, they want a job right out of high school that pays well, without any preparation or advanced skills.
next to nothing-mmmmkay

Springfield, MO

#86 Jul 23, 2011
I might be wrong, but last I knew Seymour's pay for law enforcement officers is second highest in the county, just below Marshfield. I know a few people that work for both departments so it wouldn't be too hard to find out. I do know that one of the more recent hires in Seymour is making and hourly wage of over $14/hr as a patrolman, not the Chief.
Belle

Springfield, MO

#87 Jul 24, 2011
next to nothing-mmmmkay wrote:
I might be wrong, but last I knew Seymour's pay for law enforcement officers is second highest in the county, just below Marshfield. I know a few people that work for both departments so it wouldn't be too hard to find out. I do know that one of the more recent hires in Seymour is making and hourly wage of over $14/hr as a patrolman, not the Chief.
Definitely not enough for the type of work they do!
just me

Springfield, MO

#88 Jul 24, 2011
I couldn't agree more; for the type of work they're doing they should be paid better. However, for the majority of what they deal with on a daily basis, that kind of money isn't too awful.
person

Springfield, MO

#89 Aug 26, 2011
ummmmmmm what work they do nothing but annoy people and invaid privisy... its stupid how people say they need better pay and stuff like that why when they dont do anything.... now if they did there job rite then maybe get payed for a good job and fallowing the law and treated people rite...
Abbey

Ozark, MO

#90 Sep 17, 2011
just me wrote:
However, for the majority of what they deal with on a daily basis, that kind of money isn't too awful.
Most would agree that $20 an hour "isn't too awful" at all.
Chaz

Springfield, MO

#91 Sep 22, 2011
$20 an hour? You are sorely mistaken. Officers, not counting the chief, make $11.88 an hour. To whoever said it is second highest in the county are right, however the county is one of the lowest paying in the state.
Cowgirl

Ozark, MO

#92 Sep 23, 2011
Chaz wrote:
Officers, not counting the chief, make $11.88 an hour.
You need to get a new source of information.
chaz

Springfield, MO

#93 Oct 5, 2011
How about my paycheck. Does that count? Maybe you need a new source.
too funny

United States

#94 Oct 5, 2011
chaz wrote:
How about my paycheck. Does that count?
You obviously are the smart one, coming here and telling the world who you are. Maybe this will be the one post your bosses won't be monitoring.
Bubbles

Springfield, MO

#95 Oct 8, 2011
THE NEW CHEIF DOES NEED TO GO HE IS WORTHLESS & PICKS & CHOSSES WHO TO ARREST PLUS LIKES HERE IN SEYMOUR. KARYN IS THE ONLY GOOD ONE ON THE FORCE THAT DOES HER JOB. WHO CARES HOW MUCH THEY MAKE THEY ARE DOING SOMETHING THEY ENJOY. ATLEAST KARYN DONT TAKE NO SHIT OR PLAYS PICK & CHOOSE ON PEOPLE. HELL THE CHIEF DIDNT ARREST ONE PERSON EVENTHO HE VIOLATED HIS PAROLE. HERE IS THE REASON WHY..... "THE GUY IS A SNITCH FOR SEYMOUR & WEBSTER COUNTY SHERIFF" SO IF I WERE YOU YOU BETTER WATCH WHAT YOU SAY OR DO HES IN THE CHIEF POCKET!!!!!!!
Just Saying

Springfield, MO

#96 Oct 8, 2011
Bubbles wrote:
THE NEW CHEIF DOES NEED TO GO HE IS WORTHLESS & PICKS & CHOSSES WHO TO ARREST PLUS LIKES HERE IN SEYMOUR. KARYN IS THE ONLY GOOD ONE ON THE FORCE THAT DOES HER JOB. WHO CARES HOW MUCH THEY MAKE THEY ARE DOING SOMETHING THEY ENJOY. ATLEAST KARYN DONT TAKE NO SHIT OR PLAYS PICK & CHOOSE ON PEOPLE. HELL THE CHIEF DIDNT ARREST ONE PERSON EVENTHO HE VIOLATED HIS PAROLE. HERE IS THE REASON WHY..... "THE GUY IS A SNITCH FOR SEYMOUR & WEBSTER COUNTY SHERIFF" SO IF I WERE YOU YOU BETTER WATCH WHAT YOU SAY OR DO HES IN THE CHIEF POCKET!!!!!!!
Karen is a no body i cant stand to even look at her and what r u talking about she is the worst one on the team hahaha this town needs all new cops caz the ones we got now suck alway have ..........
watcher

Ozark, MO

#97 Oct 28, 2011
All you have to do is make request to city hall and they have to give you the figures. Contrary to what "Chaz' said, no one is making $11.88, but the chief is making $20+ which puts him within a dollar of the new administrator.

Since: Mar 12

Springfield, MO

#98 Mar 31, 2012
bag lady wrote:
so the Seymour Alderman are letting Dewayne Sanders back on the department. What a shame... It seems like the bad cops always get to keep their job and the good ones leave.
You mean there are good cops?

http://www.copblock.org/

"Bad cops make the other 5% of law enforcement look bad'."
~Dave Champion

https://thingsyourlocalpaperwillnevertellyou....
hmMMM

Cameron, MO

#99 Aug 8, 2012
What happened to Cody Scheets and Lyle??
Susie

Norwood, MO

#100 Aug 9, 2012
I hope not he is bad news...
ridiculous

Litchfield, MN

#101 Sep 10, 2012
You only hate em' til you need em'!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seymour Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DFS Reports: Mansfield MO's child predator Matt... 11 min NoDaddy4MattThill 1
lakey@lakey rotten hay sales (Mar '12) 19 hr typsmtnrelighipac... 13
Why was Christmas banned in America until 1820? Mon Obvious to Me 3
Pete Rolfe's illegitimate child abusing son Mat... Dec 22 Gassy Girl 2
Veterans Today - Gordon Duff - Speech sends Sho... Dec 21 Sammy 2
Taylor Belcher Dec 20 Gassy Girl 12
Ear Guaging Dec 19 theirfore 6
Seymour Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Seymour People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Seymour News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Seymour

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:25 am PST

NBC Sports 8:25AM
Jeff Fisher thought Josh Brown should have been ejected for kick
NBC Sports11:06 AM
Preston Parker fined $15,000 for role in brawl with Rams
ESPN12:17 PM
Giants' Jenkins irked after getting $16K fine
NBC Sports12:47 PM
6 Giants fined by NFL for actions in Rams game - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:23 PM
Ogletree, Laurinaitis 1-2 in tackles entering finale - NBC Sports