Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Jan 19, 2014
Larry Kramer

Oviedo, FL

#1 Feb 2, 2011
What's going on with the Jimmie Robinson murder case. Has it ever gone to trial?
Larry Kramer

Oviedo, FL

#2 Feb 2, 2011
What is going on with the Jimmie Robinson murder case. Did it ever go to trial?
Larry Kramer

Oviedo, FL

#3 Feb 2, 2011
What is going on with the Jimmie Robinson murder case. Has it ever gone to trial?
Justice

Maryville, TN

#4 Jul 2, 2011
No trail needed...below is what I found on google about the case...

Robinson Admits Guilt, Accepts Plea Deal For Son-Law's Murder
Posted by Michael Williams on June 24, 2011 - 12:48pm

Jimmie Robinson accepted responsibility for killing his son-in-law, Jason Hicks, and agreed to a plea deal offered by Attorney General Jimmy Dunn.

Attorney Bruce Poston appeared with Robinson in court Thursday before Judge Richard Vance where he agreed to serve 17 and a half years in prison for the April 19, 2009 slaying.

Robinson, who is 67, won't be eligible for parole and must serve his entire sentence.

Hicks was in the process of divorcing his wife, Wendi, when allegations that Hicks had molested one of the couple's children surfaced.

A police investigation was conducted and Hicks was was never charged. Clinical psychologist Thomas Hanaway interviewed the couple and recommended Hicks be given full custody and Wendi should be allowed only visitation rights.

Although the police believed Hicks was not guilty of wrong doing, the Department of Children's Services believed otherwise. After a social worker investigated the case, a DCS committee concluded the abuse had occured.

Assistant District Attorney General George Ioanides indicated he believed the charges of child molestation were fabricated because Wendi Robinson Hicks was losing the custody case.

Robinson believed his grandson had been molested and began to plot his revenge. On the day of the murder, Robinson awaited his prey outside Hicks' house. When Hicks stepped into the doorway of his garage, Robinson fired three shots hitting the victim in the head.

Leah Brackins, the mother of the victim, discovered her son's body the following day.

The family of the victim agreed with the plea. Robinson, who had been free on an $850,000 bond, was taken into custody at the conclusion of the proceedings.

"I think this is the best thing for both families," Dunn said. "There will be no appeal and they won't have to come back to court."
Townsend Tom

Naples, FL

#5 Mar 8, 2012
It is fishy that the DCS investigator found that their was molestation and the county people did not. Sounds like the good ol boy system to me. My best guess is that Jimmie Robinson is a true American hero. The world could use a whole lot more people like him!
Marilyn Bishop

Winfield, AL

#6 Oct 5, 2013
I think Jimmie Robinson has served enough time . there is a petition called justice for a grandpa .... please sign it
his family needs him at home ... his grandsons need there pa
Marilyn Bishop

Double Springs, AL

#7 Oct 19, 2013
Townsend Tom wrote:
It is fishy that the DCS investigator found that their was molestation and the county people did not. Sounds like the good ol boy system to me. My best guess is that Jimmie Robinson is a true American hero. The world could use a whole lot more people like him!
yes he is a true hero ... there is a petition on change.org justice for a grandpa ...please sign and start passing around
justice

Slidell, LA

#8 Jan 19, 2014
I just signed the petition, praying for his release.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sevierville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 24 min Well 145,750
Aaron Scott Winstead Arrested 1 hr Creeper 3
sweet shoppe 5 hr Wow 66
Timber Tops Cabin Rentas 6 hr moonbeams 1
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 7 hr TheRealZeke 8,614
Former purchasing agent arrested in theft case ... 8 hr DDAD Still Is A D... 4
English Mountain Football (Nov '08) 10 hr the dreamer 1,647
•••
•••
•••

Sevierville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000