Referendum to overturn same-sex marriage qualifies for fall ballot

Jun 12, 2012 Full story: KOMO News

A referendum to overturn Washington's new law allowing same-sex marriage has qualified for the November ballot.

Full Story
Yup

Seattle, WA

#1 Jun 13, 2012
Great job Washington.
Preserve Marriage Washington handed in 247,311 signatures on your behalf last Wednesday a record number and more than twice the required amount

Visit www.PreserveMarriageWashington.com to sign up as a volunteer (you will be connected to a local grassroots leader to get plugged in),

Like Us on Facebook here
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Preserve-Marri...
and
Follow Us on Twitter here
https://twitter.com/ #!/r74_washington
(@R74_Washington).
Reality

Montpelier, VT

#2 Jun 13, 2012
how many that oppose gay marriage support CU's for gays?

I think they gays decision that its marriage or nothing is going to play out big....

they want the history of the name marriage, a history they did not thing to build...and need to actually deny that history includes procreation just so they can be a part of it...
CU's are therefore the appropriate balance of the competing interests here. Gays decision to go all or nothing will likely leave them whining: "but our own polls showed we had support..."
yup, but the votes showed you don't....
Yup

Seattle, WA

#3 Jun 13, 2012
Reality wrote:
how many that oppose gay marriage support CU's for gays?
I think they gays decision that its marriage or nothing is going to play out big....
they want the history of the name marriage, a history they did not thing to build...and need to actually deny that history includes procreation just so they can be a part of it...
CU's are therefore the appropriate balance of the competing interests here. Gays decision to go all or nothing will likely leave them whining: "but our own polls showed we had support..."
yup, but the votes showed you don't....
Referendum 71 allows pretty much the same benefits for gay couples as for married ones, in fact I voted yes on that one
but marriage is for one man and one woman - Only.
And so far EVERY Time this issue has been voted on by we the people that's the way it has stayed.
The only states with same sex marriage are the ones that haven't allowed a vote on it.
Jim

Australia

#4 Jul 23, 2012
Yup wrote:
<quoted text>
Referendum 71 allows pretty much the same benefits for gay couples as for married ones, in fact I voted yes on that one
but marriage is for one man and one woman - Only.
And so far EVERY Time this issue has been voted on by we the people that's the way it has stayed.
The only states with same sex marriage are the ones that haven't allowed a vote on it.
That is quite simply because your civil rights and my civil rights should never be subjected to a popular vote. It's wrong. It's unconstitutional to deny any minority civil rights that are protected under the US Constitution.
SLIF

Scarborough, Canada

#5 Jul 23, 2012
Nobody that is gay should have to spend their tax dollars to help straight people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Capitol Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mercer Island Music Emporium (Oct '12) 13 hr Musikologist 10
Former Wash. man sentenced in Social Security case (Jan '14) Dec 20 Sunshine Jacqueline 3
Weird museums: Travel off the beaten path Dec 18 Dr Wu 9
Tanya Rider's long, winding road to health and ... (Mar '11) Dec 9 Flaca 17
Dave Grohl's Documentary Series Brings Him Home... Dec 2 Nikosan 1
Obama's immigration order does little to settle... Nov 30 Guess Who 5
Mercer Island Garage Door Repair Nov '14 Courtney Galler 2

Winter Storm Warning for King County was issued at December 27 at 4:10AM PST

Capitol Hill News Video

Seattle Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Capitol Hill People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE