Referendum to overturn same-sex marriage qualifies for fall ballot

Jun 12, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KOMO News

A referendum to overturn Washington's new law allowing same-sex marriage has qualified for the November ballot.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Yup

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Great job Washington.
Preserve Marriage Washington handed in 247,311 signatures on your behalf last Wednesday a record number and more than twice the required amount

Visit www.PreserveMarriageWashington.com to sign up as a volunteer (you will be connected to a local grassroots leader to get plugged in),

Like Us on Facebook here
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Preserve-Marri...
and
Follow Us on Twitter here
https://twitter.com/ #!/r74_washington
(@R74_Washington).
Reality

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

how many that oppose gay marriage support CU's for gays?

I think they gays decision that its marriage or nothing is going to play out big....

they want the history of the name marriage, a history they did not thing to build...and need to actually deny that history includes procreation just so they can be a part of it...
CU's are therefore the appropriate balance of the competing interests here. Gays decision to go all or nothing will likely leave them whining: "but our own polls showed we had support..."
yup, but the votes showed you don't....
Yup

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Reality wrote:
how many that oppose gay marriage support CU's for gays?
I think they gays decision that its marriage or nothing is going to play out big....
they want the history of the name marriage, a history they did not thing to build...and need to actually deny that history includes procreation just so they can be a part of it...
CU's are therefore the appropriate balance of the competing interests here. Gays decision to go all or nothing will likely leave them whining: "but our own polls showed we had support..."
yup, but the votes showed you don't....
Referendum 71 allows pretty much the same benefits for gay couples as for married ones, in fact I voted yes on that one
but marriage is for one man and one woman - Only.
And so far EVERY Time this issue has been voted on by we the people that's the way it has stayed.
The only states with same sex marriage are the ones that haven't allowed a vote on it.
Jim

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

Judged:

Yup wrote:
<quoted text>
Referendum 71 allows pretty much the same benefits for gay couples as for married ones, in fact I voted yes on that one
but marriage is for one man and one woman - Only.
And so far EVERY Time this issue has been voted on by we the people that's the way it has stayed.
The only states with same sex marriage are the ones that haven't allowed a vote on it.
That is quite simply because your civil rights and my civil rights should never be subjected to a popular vote. It's wrong. It's unconstitutional to deny any minority civil rights that are protected under the US Constitution.
SLIF

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

Judged:

Nobody that is gay should have to spend their tax dollars to help straight people.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Capitol Hill Discussions

Search the Capitol Hill Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bayside Barber Shop opens on Front Street Apr 6 Tim 1
Smokers celebrate as Wash. legalizes marijuana (Dec '12) Apr 4 Creepy Richardson Dude 22
Mercer Island Music Emporium (Oct '12) Mar 22 Musikologist 8
Driver Abandons SUV After Hitting Truck (Mar '08) Mar 20 Guess who 2
Tanya Rider's long, winding road to health and ... (Mar '11) Mar '14 Michael Scott 14
Catholic leaders, evangelicals press House Repu... Mar '14 spud 2
Review: Herban Therapies Day SPA Mar '14 nicspa 1
•••
•••

Capitol Hill News Video

•••
Seattle Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Capitol Hill Jobs

•••