can 2 sociopaths have a successful relationship?

Posted in the Searcy Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 34 Comments Last updated Jan 23, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

thoughts?

“Yoo-hoo, I'll make ya famous!”

Since: May 12

Here, there, everywhere...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Are you talkin about Beast and I? Lmbo.
We aren't sociopaths... We're just a little crazy!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

lol no, but thanks for the example :)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Vegetable Nation wrote:
Are you referring to Kelly and any random psychopath?
Hahaha!

“NSA”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Sure they can! It's makes things fun!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

b_rad_ wrote:
Sure they can! It's makes things fun!
Yes it does! Lol.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

i'm trying to write a paper, any real input would be greatly appreciated.

Characteristics of a sociopath are as followed :

1. Sociopaths are very charming.
2. Sociopaths can be extremely manipulative and will try to con you whenever possible.
3. Sociopaths feel that they are entitled to everything.
4. Sociopaths will lie continuously to get what they want. They can even sometimes manipulate a lie detector.
5. Sociopaths have no remorse, shame or guilt.
6. Sociopaths will show love and happiness only when it serves their purpose. None of the feelings are genuine.
7. Sociopaths have no room for love in their life.
8. Sociopaths need to have excitement in their lives or live on the edge.
9. Sociopaths have lack of empathy hen their victims suffer pain that they have caused.
10. Sociopaths believe that they are all mightier than tho, there is no concern on how their behavior impacts others.
11. Sociopaths usually have a long history of juvenile delinquency as well as behavior problems.
12. Sociopaths will never take blame for anything they have done to anyone no matter if it is family or friend.
13. Sociopaths have many sexual partners and tend to act out many sexual acts.
14. Sociopaths rarely stay in one place for a long time (home/work).
15. Sociopaths will change themselves if they know it will keep them from being found out.
Cam

Searcy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Look at what you just wrote then decide. These two identical type people would be perfect for one another. It's highly unlikely that they would work with someone else who isnt like this for obvious reasons.

“NSA”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Cam wrote:
Look at what you just wrote then decide. These two identical type people would be perfect for one another. It's highly unlikely that they would work with someone else who isnt like this for obvious reasons.
You didn't grasp what the poster said. They change to fit the situation. It's about getting what they want. So actually they could with others. Actually most are already with none sociopaths.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

b_rad_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't grasp what the poster said. They change to fit the situation. It's about getting what they want. So actually they could with others. Actually most are already with none sociopaths.
thank you. that was my thinking too. with 2 there would be a constant maddening struggle for "the upper hand."

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Actually, the key word in your question was "successful". Answer; no. They cannot have a successful relationship with ANYONE.(See 7). Everyone feels they deserve to be loved and want to be treated well. A psychopath can't provide this and can only pretend to for so long. A "normal" person begins to resent them for the person they find they truly are; another psychopath resents them for the constant competition and lack of ego stroking. A psychopath must move from one short term relationship to another (or many at once) not only for excitement but because of course EVERYONE wants them... So they think.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

yes but a SOCIOPATH strives to present normalcy in their life. from all outward appearances they seem normal(unlike a psychopath.) you are right though. a sociopath would be that person living 2, 3 or more different "lives."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

guest wrote:
Actually, the key word in your question was "successful". Answer; no. They cannot have a successful relationship with ANYONE.(See 7). Everyone feels they deserve to be loved and want to be treated well. A psychopath can't provide this and can only pretend to for so long. A "normal" person begins to resent them for the person they find they truly are; another psychopath resents them for the constant competition and lack of ego stroking. A psychopath must move from one short term relationship to another (or many at once) not only for excitement but because of course EVERYONE wants them... So they think.
There's a big difference between a psychopath and a sociopath.
A “psychopath” is usually a person that has crossed the line of moral behavior in a society. They’re the murderers, the school shooters, the manipulative cult leaders. They’re the ones mutilating animals just to see what happens. They’re also the ones that society views as a danger to others.
But a sociopath has lack of any emotion, but aren’t a threat to society.
Mike

Searcy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

For example Bonnie and Clyde?

“NSA”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

NotTangible wrote:
<quoted text>thank you. that was my thinking too. with 2 there would be a constant maddening struggle for "the upper hand."
I thought about the upper hand scenario also. God that would be exhausting, but yet challenging to em. But I'm curious to know if they would recognize the other being a sociopath. A sociopath is cunning, and would use the Internet (information on demand) at his/her disposal. I would think he/she would feel the other out, if threatened by the others level of cunningness, and research their behavior. What are your thoughts on that?
Sonic Baby

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Bald Knob is full of sociopaths---wacko's

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

b_rad_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought about the upper hand scenario also. God that would be exhausting, but yet challenging to em. But I'm curious to know if they would recognize the other being a sociopath. A sociopath is cunning, and would use the Internet (information on demand) at his/her disposal. I would think he/she would feel the other out, if threatened by the others level of cunningness, and research their behavior. What are your thoughts on that?
i think your right and i'm thinking if one found the other out it would lead to something like murder/suicide. but the acts of murder and suicide are traits of a psychopath. do 2 sociopaths make a psychopath?

“NSA”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

NotTangible wrote:
<quoted text>i think your right and i'm thinking if one found the other out it would lead to something like murder/suicide. but the acts of murder and suicide are traits of a psychopath. do 2 sociopaths make a psychopath?
I already know the answers to my questions. If the sociopath thought the other was a sociopath, 1 he/she couldn't prove it. 2, do you think he/she would reveal his/her suspicion to the other, possibly tilting their hand in favor? Perhaps, but why, and why not? Think of it as chess, or checkers. Do 2 make a psychopath? Depends who you ask, if you was to ask a sociopath, he/she may say yes, to reject accountability, or manipulate you, if he/she had an agenda too. Just my thoughts on that part. Yours?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

i was looking at this very objectively, mostly because it sucks to empathize with a sociopath. but i see what you're saying. no they couldn't prove it and no they wouldn't tilt their hand because that would break down the facade that is the sociopaths life(one big never ending game.)

“NSA”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

NotTangible wrote:
i was looking at this very objectively, mostly because it sucks to empathize with a sociopath. but i see what you're saying. no they couldn't prove it and no they wouldn't tilt their hand because that would break down the facade that is the sociopaths life(one big never ending game.)
I wouldn't put all my eggs in the basket of trying to empathize, but rather study and analyze inconsistenties of actions in situations, in that department. The part that "sucks" with trying to, is trying to see if it's sincere. So therefore it would be the constant over thinking scenario, wondering about it. Seemingly a waste of time, to me.

Let's think about this "game". Is it really a game? If so then why is it so important to maintain it, and "win" it. Perhaps, the "game" is the actual life. The events the pawns, the situation the board. Just a thought. Yours?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the Searcy Forum right now

Search the Searcy Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Caroline? 6 min humanity 13
Carla Ervin for County Clerk 14 min vote 46
AR Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 15 min Barney 4 28,987
juan garcia 15 min The Exposers 2
bradford cop at party 27 min lol 15
early #1 duck hunter pole 44 min huest 1
/keep a word drop a word/ (Oct '11) 1 hr The Exposers 7,318
•••
•••