can 2 sociopaths have a successful relationship?

Posted in the Searcy Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“I'm your Huckleberry...”

Since: May 12

I'm right here...

#2 Jan 20, 2014
Are you talkin about Beast and I? Lmbo.
We aren't sociopaths... We're just a little crazy!

I'm right here...

#5 Jan 20, 2014
Vegetable Nation wrote:
Are you referring to Kelly and any random psychopath?
Hahaha!

“NSA”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#6 Jan 20, 2014
Sure they can! It's makes things fun!

I'm right here...

#7 Jan 20, 2014
b_rad_ wrote:
Sure they can! It's makes things fun!
Yes it does! Lol.
Cam

Searcy, AR

#9 Jan 21, 2014
Look at what you just wrote then decide. These two identical type people would be perfect for one another. It's highly unlikely that they would work with someone else who isnt like this for obvious reasons.

“NSA”

Location hidden

#10 Jan 21, 2014
Cam wrote:
Look at what you just wrote then decide. These two identical type people would be perfect for one another. It's highly unlikely that they would work with someone else who isnt like this for obvious reasons.
You didn't grasp what the poster said. They change to fit the situation. It's about getting what they want. So actually they could with others. Actually most are already with none sociopaths.

Oklahoma City, OK

#12 Jan 21, 2014
Actually, the key word in your question was "successful". Answer; no. They cannot have a successful relationship with ANYONE.(See 7). Everyone feels they deserve to be loved and want to be treated well. A psychopath can't provide this and can only pretend to for so long. A "normal" person begins to resent them for the person they find they truly are; another psychopath resents them for the constant competition and lack of ego stroking. A psychopath must move from one short term relationship to another (or many at once) not only for excitement but because of course EVERYONE wants them... So they think.

I'm right here...

#14 Jan 21, 2014
guest wrote:
Actually, the key word in your question was "successful". Answer; no. They cannot have a successful relationship with ANYONE.(See 7). Everyone feels they deserve to be loved and want to be treated well. A psychopath can't provide this and can only pretend to for so long. A "normal" person begins to resent them for the person they find they truly are; another psychopath resents them for the constant competition and lack of ego stroking. A psychopath must move from one short term relationship to another (or many at once) not only for excitement but because of course EVERYONE wants them... So they think.
There's a big difference between a psychopath and a sociopath.
A “psychopath” is usually a person that has crossed the line of moral behavior in a society. They’re the murderers, the school shooters, the manipulative cult leaders. They’re the ones mutilating animals just to see what happens. They’re also the ones that society views as a danger to others.
But a sociopath has lack of any emotion, but aren’t a threat to society.
Mike

Searcy, AR

#15 Jan 21, 2014
For example Bonnie and Clyde?

“NSA”

Location hidden

#16 Jan 21, 2014
NotTangible wrote:
<quoted text>thank you. that was my thinking too. with 2 there would be a constant maddening struggle for "the upper hand."
I thought about the upper hand scenario also. God that would be exhausting, but yet challenging to em. But I'm curious to know if they would recognize the other being a sociopath. A sociopath is cunning, and would use the Internet (information on demand) at his/her disposal. I would think he/she would feel the other out, if threatened by the others level of cunningness, and research their behavior. What are your thoughts on that?
Sonic Baby

Cromwell, CT

#17 Jan 21, 2014
Bald Knob is full of sociopaths---wacko's

“NSA”

Location hidden

#19 Jan 21, 2014
NotTangible wrote:
<quoted text>i think your right and i'm thinking if one found the other out it would lead to something like murder/suicide. but the acts of murder and suicide are traits of a psychopath. do 2 sociopaths make a psychopath?
I already know the answers to my questions. If the sociopath thought the other was a sociopath, 1 he/she couldn't prove it. 2, do you think he/she would reveal his/her suspicion to the other, possibly tilting their hand in favor? Perhaps, but why, and why not? Think of it as chess, or checkers. Do 2 make a psychopath? Depends who you ask, if you was to ask a sociopath, he/she may say yes, to reject accountability, or manipulate you, if he/she had an agenda too. Just my thoughts on that part. Yours?

“NSA”

Location hidden

#21 Jan 21, 2014
NotTangible wrote:
i was looking at this very objectively, mostly because it sucks to empathize with a sociopath. but i see what you're saying. no they couldn't prove it and no they wouldn't tilt their hand because that would break down the facade that is the sociopaths life(one big never ending game.)
I wouldn't put all my eggs in the basket of trying to empathize, but rather study and analyze inconsistenties of actions in situations, in that department. The part that "sucks" with trying to, is trying to see if it's sincere. So therefore it would be the constant over thinking scenario, wondering about it. Seemingly a waste of time, to me.

Let's think about this "game". Is it really a game? If so then why is it so important to maintain it, and "win" it. Perhaps, the "game" is the actual life. The events the pawns, the situation the board. Just a thought. Yours?

“NSA”

Location hidden

#22 Jan 21, 2014
Excuse that last part about the "game", I see now you called their life the game. I missed that at first. Muh bad:)

“NSA”

Location hidden

#23 Jan 22, 2014
Sooo update on ur paper.

“NSA”

Location hidden

#25 Jan 22, 2014
Vegetable Nation wrote:
<quoted text>16. Sociopathic personalities are the result of environmental conditioning or a traumatic childhood experience.
Incorrect.

“NSA”

Location hidden

#28 Jan 22, 2014
NotTangible wrote:
<quoted text>it's going. thanks for letting me use you btw lol

b_rad_ wrote, "<quoted text>
Incorrect. "

i thought it was a very well worded statement. every possible scenario is covered but genetics. but maybe that's why you say it's incorrect?
Use me huh? That was the plan. I knew I hooked you on the "I already know the answers to my question". You can count me as sociopath, or a person that reads/learns people. Either or is fine with me. Personally I think your so called "paper" has brought more questions than answers. That was my intent, to make you think, outside the box. "Book psychology" is only that. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. 2 sides to every story, right?;) Genetics is easy, btw. smdh!

“NSA”

Location hidden

#29 Jan 22, 2014
NotTangible wrote:
<quoted text>well i don't guess it would necessarily have to be a childhood experience either.
Your "guess" is not something to bet on either. Being a "paper" and all. I never had such a paper, this must be new.

“NSA”

Location hidden

#32 Jan 22, 2014
NotTangible wrote:
<quoted text>sociopath, low latent inhibition, with a twinge of narcissism. i see something else too, but i won't call you out on it because it's just not very nice lol
You can call me me out, I'm an adult. I can handle it:)

“NSA”

Location hidden

#33 Jan 22, 2014
NotTangible wrote:
<quoted text>you really think an adult couldn't have a traumatic experience causing a disconnect like sociopathy?

and i like to torture my professors lol
A single traumatic experience is something different form being a sociopath. Like with the military, when a soldier encounters a traumatic experience, do they get labeled with PTSD, or labeled a sociopath? A encounter is an encounter. Can't gage an experience on age along. You're new at this I see. It's ok, with real works experience you'll see. It's easy to diagnose from a book, when that's all you have huh,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Searcy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Please answer this If you have ever been divorced 24 min b_rad_ 18
Oliver and Nicole Montano 30 min ( . )Y( . ) 9
Intelligent Standpoint wishes all of Searcy a H... 36 min b_rad_ 2
peighton love 42 min ashley 1
Ferguson officer recieved justice today! A day ... 52 min b_rad_ 30
Shannon Wallingsford and Jenna Cox taking money... 54 min Guest 3
malique drumond missing 2 year old from 700 blo... 1 hr bearer of bad news 105
anyone know if the 2yr old boy is found yet 5 hr Guest (7-5/8) 30
Searcy PD searches for missing toddler 11 hr Method man 24
Toddler Found 21 hr guest 6