1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Jun 1, 2012

Beebe, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Anyone have any new news on the rigs staying or leaving Searcy?
OldOilfield

Searcy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Look around.......
There's open pumps at gas stations, open tables at restaurants, empty abandoned yards along the highways, etc.
oilfield

Euless, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Man this shits gone from in a year there wont be shit around accept maybe production jobs, head west young man head west, or north, or north east, or south texas!
oilfield production

Euless, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

oilfield wrote:
Man this shits gone from in a year there wont be shit around accept maybe production jobs, head west young man head west, or north, or north east, or south texas!
The production side is slow as he'll to
oilfield

Euless, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Not for us, we are actually very busy, and are still getting more wells and iffers for more work. But im not saying we couldnt feel the adverse effects, but as of now we are doing pretty good!
Oilfield

Euless, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

If ur not in the oilfield u pretty much don't know what's goin natural gas is on the rise prices are goin up it's slow here yes but this ain't the only place once the price gets up to normal it will be booming again maybe not as big but as long as there is gas under ur feet there gonna drill.

Beebe, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

oilfield wrote:
Lol why I gotta be a man? I am female asking. Thanks for all the helpful replies. I appreciate them!
oilfield

Euless, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

It was being used more as an expression not so much as narrowing your gender. Ive seen plenty of woman in this industry, some very gorgeous woman, its hard to hold your tounge when your single and you meet some of the beautiful women in the oilfield. But ya got to keep it respectful. Sorry if i had come off as a male only industry asshead! Good day ma'am

Beebe, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

oilfield wrote:
It was being used more as an expression not so much as narrowing your gender. Ive seen plenty of woman in this industry, some very gorgeous woman, its hard to hold your tounge when your single and you meet some of the beautiful women in the oilfield. But ya got to keep it respectful. Sorry if i had come off as a male only industry asshead! Good day ma'am
It's fine. I was just giving you a hard time. I work with the men in this industry so I gotta give ya a hard time when I can. Lol.
Pipeline

Euless, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

I've seen several trucks leaving town over the past few weeks mostly contractors and rigs. Gibson's has left and I heard yesterday that Elston's was fixin to leave in the next few months and take their operations back to Oklahoma and West Texas. Headed to Pennsylvania myself seems to be the direction to go!!! See Ya!!!

Beebe, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Pipeline wrote:
I've seen several trucks leaving town over the past few weeks mostly contractors and rigs. Gibson's has left and I heard yesterday that Elston's was fixin to leave in the next few months and take their operations back to Oklahoma and West Texas. Headed to Pennsylvania myself seems to be the direction to go!!! See Ya!!!
Good luck. I'm heading towards the
Oklahoma panhandle to see if I can find someplace to call home before I commit
Pipeline

Euless, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

guest wrote:
<quoted text>Good luck. I'm heading towards the
Good luck to you as well
yup

Vilonia, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

guest wrote:
<quoted text>Good luck. I'm heading towards the
that's where it's boomin right now around alva and Woodward area 6 or 7 Rigs within eye sights of each other boomin

Beebe, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

yup wrote:
<quoted text>that's where it's boomin right now around alva and Woodward area 6 or 7 Rigs within eye sights of each other boomin
But no housing from what I hear. Tornado in April hurt them on property
yup

Vilonia, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

No motels anywhere available our guys are Havin to stay in Enid like 75 miles away

Beebe, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

yup wrote:
No motels anywhere available our guys are Havin to stay in Enid like 75 miles away
Wow that's a long drive after a long exhausting day.
O&GGuy

Searcy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Can't look in any direction without seeing rigs drilling near Cuero and Tilden right now. Same way in Midland Odessa Pecos area.
oilfield gypsi

Euless, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

It's been booming in the pan handle for a while. Haynseville is slow as Arkansas is mainly because of how Bp and BHP runs things but the work is still there. It's booming down in south Texas in the eagle ford like crazy! North dakotah is booming also. Ohio is still pretty new but damn busy. Chase the patch and be that oilfield trash making that oilfield cash or stay home and work your dead end factory job!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Searcy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kandela grill 3 min Grandma Hopkins 2
AR Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 13 min BARNEYII 29,492
selfies 13 min bookgirl1 1
yall did this 18 min Grandma Hopkins 2
/keep a word drop a word/ (Oct '11) 33 min Jennifer Renee 7,398
pee Wee Cheer and Football 1 hr mom 2
Searcy Healthcare 1 hr kind 8

Search the Searcy Forum:
•••
•••