Candidate on trial blames town police

Mar 13, 2012 Full story: SeacoastOnline 30

Albert "Max" Abramson, who is running for a seat on the Winnacunnet Budget Committee and for constable in Seabrook was scheduled to spend Monday - the last day before the election - in a court room for the start of his jury trial at Rockingham Superior Court.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 10

Exeter, NH

#21 Mar 23, 2012
By 2:30am, several people were either on their way out or looking for a ride home. Since my roommate had brought them there, and was unable to bring them home, I offered a ride to both of them.

The remaining problem were two who wanted to sleep over without permission, including one who was drunk and argumentative.

Once the fight broke out at 2:38am, there was no time to call 911. When seconds count, the police are only minutes away. Even if we had a PD that other cops and troopers were proud of, they were still too far away to make the difference.

You had to be there to understand what the situation was. You had to be there to understand how quickly certain people exploded. The fight started almost instantly, and people were out of control. One man grabbed me and pulled me in front of the stairwell, and there was a woman there with a steak knife and a psychotic look in her face. Am I supposed to call 911 while I'm being stabbed? Do I let other people get stabbed while I close the door and hang out in my room?

The day after, at least four people who were there when the Seabrook PD did show up (about 7-8 minutes, according to the 911 call) described them as "screaming like Nazis" or gestapo. I had been told about this pattern of behavior many times before.
-Brooker

Exeter, NH

#22 Mar 23, 2012
Max Abramson wrote:
By 2:30am, several people were either on their way out or looking for a ride home. Since my roommate had brought them there, and was unable to bring them home, I offered a ride to both of them.
The remaining problem were two who wanted to sleep over without permission, including one who was drunk and argumentative.
Once the fight broke out at 2:38am, there was no time to call 911. When seconds count, the police are only minutes away. Even if we had a PD that other cops and troopers were proud of, they were still too far away to make the difference.
You had to be there to understand what the situation was. You had to be there to understand how quickly certain people exploded. The fight started almost instantly, and people were out of control. One man grabbed me and pulled me in front of the stairwell, and there was a woman there with a steak knife and a psychotic look in her face. Am I supposed to call 911 while I'm being stabbed? Do I let other people get stabbed while I close the door and hang out in my room?
The day after, at least four people who were there when the Seabrook PD did show up (about 7-8 minutes, according to the 911 call) described them as "screaming like Nazis" or gestapo. I had been told about this pattern of behavior many times before.
So now, or again, you're leaning back on what you think are pithy catchphrases and cliches. I highly doubt that ANYONE who was at such a party would even KNOW what "Gestapo" means! That's your word, not theirs, I'm sure. I'm sure they have no understanding of what "Nazi" means, for that matter.

Also, would you rather the Police Officers,(If this is to be thought of as a true statement), NOT yell? What's the matter with yelling? Is that wrong, now? Waaaaa!

When people, and police officers are people, respond to an apparently out-of-control situation with several people there, they don't know what they're walking into. Yelling to be heard seems to me to be a reasonable thing to do!

To use another one of your favorite phrases, "Many" people have been in some kind of scene like that or another. Or, in your grandiose psychology, perhaps I should use, "Everyone." Anyway, my point is, the last thing you want to do is escalate it. I'm sure it was an untenable situation, but, to have a deadly weapon in the midst, when you have said yourself you were in danger of being overwhelmed, possibly to lose control of your own deadly weapon, was a bad choice. I would call this, and I know no one cares what I would call this, "reckless." Hatchets, knives, broken glass, picture frames, blenders, lamps, pillows, shoes, are all deadly weapons, possibly.

Even if it was only to CYA, with all your vehement complaining, you should have made the call to the Police. Just because SOMEONE else did, does not justify you, the homeowner, not making the call about what was going on in your own home. It makes me think you were covering something up. That's what it looks like to "Everyone."

If you're to talk about "Patterns of behavior," you should examine your own, first.

You're still believing that you did nothing wrong, and seem to take no responsibility for running this kind of house in a neighborhood where there are children, elderly people, people's pets roaming around, people driving by in cars, etc. What were you doing with this "housemate," with all of his ills, with people you even knew, at that late hour, anyway? What world are you living in? Even frat houses and student apartment housing on campuses show more restraint.

You still don't get it!!

Clubbing, beer-drinking and bar-hopping,(you have to know this at some point), means an ill existence,(you've read Descartes, I'm sure), and unless you see clearly what is good and bad behavior, and assign or acknowledge real meaning in your life, not sheer political motive and mock humility, you're leading a reckless life. Try Emerson or Thoreau. You don't seem to get the Bible.

Since: Feb 10

Exeter, NH

#23 Mar 24, 2012
I identify myself, acknowledge my errors, and learn from them. I don't throw wild parties, nor do I bring people of low character around.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I did not have the cell phone on me. Lee did, so he made the call. Between the time the woman came downstairs with a steak knife and me firing a round into the backyard was less than one minute. Even the best police departments take about 4 minutes to respond, and SPD took more than 8. Even if I had abandoned the situation to go find the phone, how many people would've been hurt while I gave directions?

I would expect emergency responders to react to an emergency with the same professionalism that we've seen from the Fire Department or State Patrol. Buccheri and Gelineau were anything but, and the complaint that I filed was 100% accurate.

I believe that you are looking at this life and death situation in hindsight, which is always 20/20. Moreover, I believe that you are depending on the media's account for facts, rather than actually attending the trial, as so many others had. There is no way that you could have known everything that was going on, and the reason that I look to God for judgment--and not some anonymous poster on topix--is because the Almighty sees all that has happened, will happen, and could happen.

I do not get drunk, nor do I go clubbing and bar-hoping on a regular basis; but I don't judge people who choose that lifestyle, either. I do not judge anyone, because there is no way that anyone but God can see into our hearts and into our lives.
opinions

Hampton, NH

#24 Mar 24, 2012
Amen! A note to self Seabrook people can be the biggest bigots on earth. Know that some of them have nothing better to do than talk sh#t and today you are the one and tomorrow it will be someone else. Keep the faith.
-Brooker

Exeter, NH

#25 Mar 25, 2012
Max Abramson wrote:
I identify myself, acknowledge my errors, and learn from them. I don't throw wild parties, nor do I bring people of low character around.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I did not have the cell phone on me. Lee did, so he made the call. Between the time the woman came downstairs with a steak knife and me firing a round into the backyard was less than one minute. Even the best police departments take about 4 minutes to respond, and SPD took more than 8. Even if I had abandoned the situation to go find the phone, how many people would've been hurt while I gave directions?
I would expect emergency responders to react to an emergency with the same professionalism that we've seen from the Fire Department or State Patrol. Buccheri and Gelineau were anything but, and the complaint that I filed was 100% accurate.
I believe that you are looking at this life and death situation in hindsight, which is always 20/20. Moreover, I believe that you are depending on the media's account for facts, rather than actually attending the trial, as so many others had. There is no way that you could have known everything that was going on, and the reason that I look to God for judgment--and not some anonymous poster on topix--is because the Almighty sees all that has happened, will happen, and could happen.
I do not get drunk, nor do I go clubbing and bar-hoping on a regular basis; but I don't judge people who choose that lifestyle, either. I do not judge anyone, because there is no way that anyone but God can see into our hearts and into our lives.
Maybe you don't get drunk thesedays, but in the past, you have written, in your YOUTUBE appearancesand in your posts, abour the good "nightlife and clubs," and beers available here. So, that's what I'm relying upon -- your own words. If you are to be believed. Also, I note your post times -- veyr late night/early mornings, when most responsible people are sleeping, because they work and take care of their families during the days.

Finally, back to the hackneyed, old, "identify yourself" blather. This is Topix, where people can post under all kinds of names, as you have done as well, and it is an accepted practice.

I do not feel it is in my best interest to identify myself, but rather, I feel it is more important to allow my point of view to be read. I do not feel the need to add weight to my opinion by saying things like, "On my Own Behalf," etc. That's utterly ridiculous, and as transparently Napoleonic as can be.

No, I let my ideas rest on themselves.

No need for self-aggrandizing. No need for pretend and unsourced statistics.

I appreciate your respectful responses, thinking of me as, "Sir," which is not something I get to hear much of. More like, "Mommy" this and "Mommy" that.

I appreciate that you put yourself in a horrible situation.

In our home, we teach "R-E-S-P-O-N-S-I-B-I-L-I- T-Y."

And, funny enough, "accountability." It's funny to see you write about "accountability" in government, when you can't seem to manage it in your own life.

You need to start in your own house. With your own self. Go and quote the Bible, but it's only words to you until you hear and feel it in your heart and really get it.

I never look to the "media," by the way. One should know better than to do THAT! You should give your audience more credit than to assume they're all lemmings.

As far as NOT bringing people of "Low" character around, how did this whole thing transpire? It came about because that's exactly what you did. Wake up. Take responsibility. You allowed this person and his cohorts to move in and hang out in your home, in our Town, in a neighborhood in our TOWN.

Unbelievably, during this particular season, which should be significant to you as a self-proclaimed Christian, you continue to cast your stones outward. You really should,(sorry to say this), make sure you're not in the glass house.

-Brooker

Exeter, NH

#26 Mar 25, 2012
opinions wrote:
Amen! A note to self Seabrook people can be the biggest bigots on earth. Know that some of them have nothing better to do than talk sh#t and today you are the one and tomorrow it will be someone else. Keep the faith.
You know nothing. You should keep it to yourself until you learn something. Your bigoted remark about Seabrook people shows that you know nothing of bigotry. Look at yourself, first.

Your use of "Amen!" makes me cringe, while you make a bigoted remark in the very next sentence.
-Brooker

Exeter, NH

#27 Mar 25, 2012
Max Abramson wrote:
I identify myself, acknowledge my errors, and learn from them. I don't throw wild parties, nor do I bring people of low character around.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I did not have the cell phone on me. Lee did, so he made the call. Between the time the woman came downstairs with a steak knife and me firing a round into the backyard was less than one minute. Even the best police departments take about 4 minutes to respond, and SPD took more than 8. Even if I had abandoned the situation to go find the phone, how many people would've been hurt while I gave directions?
I would expect emergency responders to react to an emergency with the same professionalism that we've seen from the Fire Department or State Patrol. Buccheri and Gelineau were anything but, and the complaint that I filed was 100% accurate.
I believe that you are looking at this life and death situation in hindsight, which is always 20/20. Moreover, I believe that you are depending on the media's account for facts, rather than actually attending the trial, as so many others had. There is no way that you could have known everything that was going on, and the reason that I look to God for judgment--and not some anonymous poster on topix--is because the Almighty sees all that has happened, will happen, and could happen.
I do not get drunk, nor do I go clubbing and bar-hoping on a regular basis; but I don't judge people who choose that lifestyle, either. I do not judge anyone, because there is no way that anyone but God can see into our hearts and into our lives.
Maybe it's your lack of judgment taht lead you to allow the wrong person to move into your HOME. You cannot claim innocence here. It's guilt by association. You say, "God," this and "God" that, but you don't get it -- YOU'RE responsible for here and now!

You seem to have lost track of the REAL you in there somewhere! The one who is held accountable to conscience, the one who knows a good character from a bad character, the one who knows right from wrong.

I may be "anonymous," to you, but rest assured, I am not "anonymous," to me!
-Brooker

Exeter, NH

#28 Mar 25, 2012
Max Abramson wrote:
I identify myself, acknowledge my errors, and learn from them. I don't throw wild parties, nor do I bring people of low character around.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I did not have the cell phone on me. Lee did, so he made the call. Between the time the woman came downstairs with a steak knife and me firing a round into the backyard was less than one minute. Even the best police departments take about 4 minutes to respond, and SPD took more than 8. Even if I had abandoned the situation to go find the phone, how many people would've been hurt while I gave directions?
I would expect emergency responders to react to an emergency with the same professionalism that we've seen from the Fire Department or State Patrol. Buccheri and Gelineau were anything but, and the complaint that I filed was 100% accurate.
I believe that you are looking at this life and death situation in hindsight, which is always 20/20. Moreover, I believe that you are depending on the media's account for facts, rather than actually attending the trial, as so many others had. There is no way that you could have known everything that was going on, and the reason that I look to God for judgment--and not some anonymous poster on topix--is because the Almighty sees all that has happened, will happen, and could happen.
I do not get drunk, nor do I go clubbing and bar-hoping on a regular basis; but I don't judge people who choose that lifestyle, either. I do not judge anyone, because there is no way that anyone but God can see into our hearts and into our lives.
And will you cease with the "So Many others," grandiose hyperbole? Come back down to Earth.

"So Many Others," at the trial? Other than reporters, two friends of yours or so, depending on the day, and the Chief of Police, detectives on their days off, and the department's prosecutor, or, AKA, the PEOPLE YOU ALWAYS COMPLAIN ABOUT, who are "So Many Others?"

Hyperbole and grandiose language signify All or Nothing psychopathology. Stop using "Many," "Everyone," "All," "Every," etc., in an effort to combat your predisposition to self-righteous delusional thought and behavior. You're hoax is upon no one but your Self.
Brooker II

North Hampton, NH

#29 Mar 25, 2012
He just don't get it and never will.
the truth

Newmarket, NH

#30 Mar 26, 2012
the truth is max that you now are a convicted felon in the state of NH convicted by a jury no longer can you carry a gun. all this jibber jabber you speak does not change that fact. soon you will know what the jail time and fine will be and that will be a fact. you can say all you want but it will not change these facts. you made a very bad choice in the eyes of the state now you have to pay for that choice. you should do some self reflections to see if maybee your mind set is maybee a little off base and you need to change how you look at things a little better. just saying

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seabrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
most loved and hated of the brook Wed Robin 2
Selectmen's Raises Dec 22 waste 51
Police union calls for Seabrook chief's removal Dec 21 Confused 21
Prayers for Llanndon (May '13) Dec 21 Papa 104
Woman Sues Over Having To Buy 2 Plane Seats (Feb '06) Dec 20 Angry White Unite... 312
Senator Shaheen Dec 15 Sow Main Gigolo 12
Possible Holiday Parade in Seabrook Dec 7 wondering 12

Seabrook News Video

Seabrook Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Seabrook People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Seabrook News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Seabrook

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:33 am PST