“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#29682 Aug 1, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
"There are a lot of people in government who help us and allow us to have an economy that works and allow entrepenuers and business leaders of various kinds to start businesses and create jobs. We all recognize that. That's an important thing."
- Mitt Romney
Not intended to be a factual statement.

Nehwon

#29683 Aug 1, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
"I know that you recognize that a lot of people help you in a business. Perhaps the banks, the investors. There's no question your mom and dad. Your school teachers. The people that provide roads, the fire, and the police. A lot of people help."
- Mitt Romney
"Not intended to be a factual statement."
John Kyl (R) AZ

Nehwon

#29684 Aug 1, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
"When we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together."
- Mitt Romney
Not intended to be a factual statement.

Nehwon

#29686 Aug 1, 2012
Wait a sec!

Isn't this thread supposed to be about Corbett?

Or is Obama now the Governor of PA?

Or is this just another misdirect by the GOP. Don't focus on Corbett and what's he's doing in PA. Look over there! Biden made a gaffe!

BTW, when is Corbett going to resign because of his involvement to cover up the Penn State scandal?

http://www.phillytrib.com/commentaryarticles/...
Dave Rogers

Clearfield, PA

#29687 Aug 1, 2012
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really want to go down that road?
The economy was just peachy under Bush. Gas was at an all time low (let's not look at what else happened at that point in time.) Then everything tanks under GOP policies.
And now you want Obama to fix everything in less than one term?
I suppose for your next demand is why aren't those union firefighters rebuilding your house fast enough when you set fire to the place.
Damn those unions! Damn those government paid firefighters! If only we had private, free market driven, fire companies everything would be a perfect union.
Meanwhile, you want the arsonists go free and actively support them to burn everything in order to cast blame on the firefighters.

Care to share what you're on?

Nehwon

#29688 Aug 1, 2012
Dave Rogers wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to share what you're on?
Yep.

The Internet.

In days of yore, politician's claims took a long time to research by looking back through newspapers and microfiche. Now it's just a google search away. You can even look at differing sides (say DailyKos vs. FreeRepublic) and see the extremes of both partisans.

But now... looking back at the recent history, it's really difficult to support the GOP claims they are fiscally responsible and good on foreign affairs. That's the illusion they try to portray.

Instead, all I see from the GOP is a Christian version of the Taliban and Al Qaeda (but they aren't "true" Christians) and prosperity doctrine (if you are blessed, then will be monetarily rich. like Jesus taught.)

So what's a fiscally conservative, socially liberal person to do now? Certainly not vote Republican. They left me decades ago but it took me a while to realize it.

So go ahead and commence with calling me a RINO or a liberal. I'm sure you can come up with some more pejoratives (name calling if that word is too big for you.) I'll deal with it. I'm older than 12 now.
Mutt the Wimp

West Mifflin, PA

#29689 Aug 1, 2012
Obama 2012 !!!!!!!!!

Robme cant catch him....cant wait until the debates.......last I heard Romney only wants 3 debates,Obama wants about 8..........

Robme has no plans to reduce the debt,create jobs in this country, or turn the economy around.......he has no plan, no one has heard of it.
He wants to build up the military at a tune of 1 trillion...where's the money come from Mitt?
He wants to reduce the deficit.........where's the money come from Mitt?

He wants to create jobs?
Where at China and Japan?

What jobs?
Robme is a clown.....

Robme is full of hot air and fantasy promises...

Nehwon

#29690 Aug 1, 2012
Mutt the Wimp wrote:
Obama 2012 !!!!!!!!!
Robme cant catch him....cant wait until the debates.......last I heard Romney only wants 3 debates,Obama wants about 8..........
Robme has no plans to reduce the debt,create jobs in this country, or turn the economy around.......he has no plan, no one has heard of it.
He wants to build up the military at a tune of 1 trillion...where's the money come from Mitt?
He wants to reduce the deficit.........where's the money come from Mitt?
He wants to create jobs?
Where at China and Japan?
What jobs?
Robme is a clown.....
Robme is full of hot air and fantasy promises...
Did Romney release his tax records for the past 10 years yet?

Be curious to see what his effective rate is (does he have skin in the game?), how much he hid overseas, or whether the Mormon church will ostracize him for underpaying his required 10% tithe.

Maybe he doesn't want to release them because he made money off of abortion clinics or had contracts with the bin Ladens or funded Al Qaeda to speculate on oil future contracts.

Perhaps he took a tax deduction for donating to the Democratic party while he was Governor of Taxachussetts where he raised government fees in lieu of taxes.

Now there's a GOP model. No new taxes! But now there's a Fed fee on your fishing license of $1000! But no new taxes! Yay!
ussurf

Stewartstown, PA

#29692 Aug 2, 2012
Mutt the Wimp wrote:
Romney won't win in Florida, Ohio, or Pennsylvania no matter who he picks. He's done.
Anyone got a fork?
I think what you are really asking for is a shovel, because Romney is not fit for human consumption.
ussurf

Stewartstown, PA

#29693 Aug 2, 2012
greymouser wrote:
Wait a sec!
Isn't this thread supposed to be about Corbett?
Or is Obama now the Governor of PA?
Or is this just another misdirect by the GOP. Don't focus on Corbett and what's he's doing in PA. Look over there! Biden made a gaffe!
BTW, when is Corbett going to resign because of his involvement to cover up the Penn State scandal?
http://www.phillytrib.com/commentaryarticles/...
Corbett is a great Governor, what is there to talk about.
Here's one for you, you like jokes right!
Why do people b*tch at a free beer party? Insecurities.
Beamer

United States

#29694 Aug 2, 2012
"Beam me up Scotty, there is not intelligent life form here"
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#29695 Aug 2, 2012
There's been an independent, objective, non-partisan analysis of Mitt Romney's tax plan, where the researchers gave Romney ever benefit of the doubt.

Here's the bottom line: Romney cuts taxes for people like himself by tens of thousands of dollars and pays for it buy raising taxes on the working class.

In order to pay for his tax cuts for the rich, he will either have to radically increase the deficit or he will have to raise the taxes of 95% of the population.

THIS is what we liberals are criticizing him for. Not for being rich, but for running for President so he can cut his OWN taxes at the expense of the rest of us.

Romney 2012: Screw You - I've Got Mine
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#29696 Aug 2, 2012
The analysis of Romney's tax plan here:

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/UploadedPDF/10...
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#29697 Aug 2, 2012
Study: Romney tax plan would result in cuts for rich, higher burden for others

Mitt Romney's plan to overhaul the tax code would produce cuts for the richest 5 percent of Americans -- and bigger bills for everybody else, according to an independent analysis set for release Wednesday.

The study was conducted by researchers at the Brookings Institution and the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center, who seem to bend over backward to be fair to the Republican presidential candidate. To cover the cost of his plan -- which would reduce tax rates by 20 percent, repeal the estate tax and eliminate taxes on investment income for middle-class taxpayers -- the researchers assume that Romney would go after breaks for the richest taxpayers first.

They even look at what would happen if Republicans' dreams for tax reform came true and the proposal generated significant revenue through economic growth.
What would that mean for the average tax bill? Millionaires would get an $87,000 tax cut, the study says. But for 95 percent of the population, taxes would go up by about 1.2 percent, an average of $500 a year.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#29698 Aug 2, 2012
Sick wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, they have their own horse, but what they use it for is real. My neighbor's daughter is autistic and she does this for therapy as well at a local riding school. It helps her tremendously by relieving stress, which makes both her's and Ann Romney's conditions worse.
Stop mocking something you know nothing about.
Did you watch Ann Romney's "therapeutic" horse dance at the Olympics? Did it look like your neighbor's horse? Did this use look "real" to you?

Romney billed US taxpayers over $77,000 for the care and feeding of this "therapeutic" horse. Why don't you channel you indignation at the true jerk in this story?
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#29699 Aug 2, 2012
Ann Romney's horse, Rafalca, competed in the individual dressage at the Olympics today. The horse's rider, USA's Jan Ebeling, got an overall score of 70.23 and is currently in 9th place.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/ann-romney-hor...

"What they use it for is real. Stop mocking something you know nothing about."

Riiiiight.
Ted

Johnstown, PA

#29700 Aug 2, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you watch Ann Romney's "therapeutic" horse dance at the Olympics? Did it look like your neighbor's horse? Did this use look "real" to you?
Romney billed US taxpayers over $77,000 for the care and feeding of this "therapeutic" horse. Why don't you channel you indignation at the true jerk in this story?
danny BOY, "the true jerk in this story" is YOU.

You find it squirmy-impossible, danny BOY, to comment without exaggeration, embellishment or prevarication. You're like Arnold Horshack on Welcome Back Kotter: "Ooooh oooo Is it my turn to lie now, Mr. Kotter?"

This comment is a lie, danny BOY, and again exposes that you are an unrepentant, opportunistic LIAR:
"Romney billed US taxpayers over $77,000 for the care and feeding of this "therapeutic" horse."

But you knew that when you typed that lie, didn't you, danny BOY?

In YOUR dishonest world, taking a business loss is the same as 'billing the taxpayers' isn't it danny BOY.

So what if its a lie, it's what you'd LIKE the truth to be.

You're such a slimy, slobbering, drooling liar. Wipe the spit dripping from your chin, danny BOY.

danny BOY, predictably unethical: incessant plagiarist, closet racist and pathological liar.
TaxNoMore

Trabuco Canyon, CA

#29701 Aug 2, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
Study: Romney tax plan would result in cuts for rich, higher burden for others
Mitt Romney's plan to overhaul the tax code would produce cuts for the richest 5 percent of Americans -- and bigger bills for everybody else, according to an independent analysis set for release Wednesday.
The study was conducted by researchers at the Brookings Institution and the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center, who seem to bend over backward to be fair to the Republican presidential candidate. To cover the cost of his plan -- which would reduce tax rates by 20 percent, repeal the estate tax and eliminate taxes on investment income for middle-class taxpayers -- the researchers assume that Romney would go after breaks for the richest taxpayers first.
They even look at what would happen if Republicans' dreams for tax reform came true and the proposal generated significant revenue through economic growth.
What would that mean for the average tax bill? Millionaires would get an $87,000 tax cut, the study says. But for 95 percent of the population, taxes would go up by about 1.2 percent, an average of $500 a year.

What's the matter dannyboy?

You are never going to be rich, are you dannyboy?

Is that what it's all about dannyboy?

Dan the Man is just angry because he paid thousands for his education & he has tons of student loans to pay back.

He can't get a friggin job with his liberal arts degree and can't get a 1 percenter to pay his loans off !!!!!!

Dan the Man is finding out the hard way that he wasn't educated at all, he was indoctrinated!
TaxNoMore

Trabuco Canyon, CA

#29702 Aug 2, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
Ann Romney's horse, Rafalca, competed in the individual dressage at the Olympics today. The horse's rider, USA's Jan Ebeling, got an overall score of 70.23 and is currently in 9th place.
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/ann-romney-hor...
"What they use it for is real. Stop mocking something you know nothing about."
Riiiiight.

Obama outlines his experience with substance abuse best in this excerpt from

“Dreams from My Father”:

Junkie.

That's where I'd been headed: the final, fatal role of the young would-be black man.

Except the highs hadn't been about me trying to prove what a down brother I was.

Not by then, anyway.

I got high for just the opposite effect, something that could push questions of who I was out of my mind, something that could flatten out the landscape of my heart, blur the edges of my memory.

I had discovered that it didn't make any difference whether you smoked reefer in the white classmate's sparkling new van, or in the dorm room of some brother you'd met down at the gym, or on the beach with a couple of Hawaiian kids who had dropped out of school and now spent most of their time looking for an excuse to brawl.

You might just be bored, or alone.

Everybody was welcome into the club of
disaffection.

And if the high didn't solve whatever it was that was getting you down, it could at least help you laugh at the world's ongoing folly and see through all the hypocrisy and bullshit and cheap moralism.

Stop mocking something you know nothing about."

Riiiiight.
Mutt the Wimp

West Mifflin, PA

#29703 Aug 2, 2012
Hey, all of the Romney's friends and associates can afford to participate in dressage, so how elitist can it be?
Okay, you might have to cut back on your caviar expenditures a bit, shorten your European vacations by a few days, and give the chauffeur, gardener, and butler a few extra days of unpaid vacation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scranton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thanks Veterans (Nov '10) Mon Friend 11
supplys May 21 Tammera Tattles 1
News Peach Music Festival Details Lineup Additions May 19 shaun 1
looking for May 13 katelynmauch 1
News Al Boscov retires, second time, as head store c... May 12 spunky 2
Prepare for Hell as The War on Culture Heads fo... May 11 Culture Auditor 1
News Local teacher heading to NYC after nomination f... May 9 FRANCINE 1
More from around the web

Scranton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE