Mitt the Wimp

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Not enuff rich older people to put robme over the top.LOL!

another GOP failure an a clown candidate for 2012,,,,,surely they can do better than this,,,,,
TaxNoMore

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Mitt the Wimp wrote:
Not enuff rich older people to put robme over the top.LOL!
another GOP failure an a clown candidate for 2012,,,,,surely they can do better than this,,,,,

"A New Leaf"

http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

Excerpt from Elaine May's "A New Leaf" (1971).

The idle and spoiled Henry Graham (Matthau) learns from his accountant/lawyer (William Redfield) that he (Graham) is broke.
Mutt the Wimp

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Dave Rogers wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is winning in swing states Mr. It. Have another Ripple. LMAO
Obama Gets Good News In Swing States, Leads In Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania: Quinnipiac Polls

The president's lead was greatest in Pennsylvania, where it reached the double-digits, largely due to support from independent voters and women. In 2008, he won the state by more than 10 points.

LMAO!

LQQK HERE:

UPDATE Aug 1, 2012

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/01/obam...

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Rollout wrote:
Obama---You Didn't Build That
Readings from the Book of Barack
1 In the beginning Govt created the heavens and the earth.
*2*Now the economy was formless*and void, darkness was over the surface of the ATMs,*and the Spirit of Govt was hovering*over the land.
3*And Govt said,*“Let there be spending,” and there was spending.
*4*Govt saw that the spending was good,*and that it separated the light from the darkness.
*5*Govt called the spending Investments, and this he did in the first day.
6*Then Govt said,“Let there be roads and bridges across the waters, and let dams divide the waters from the waters.”
*7*Thus Govt made the infrastructure and the patronage jobs for eternity*under the firmament from the Potomac which*was*above the firmament; and it was so.
*8*And Govt called the firmament Washington. This Govt did on the second day.
9*Then Govt said,“Let the regulations and the guidelines under the heavens be gathered together into one place...
Brilliant piece. Click below for the rest of it.
http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk...uild-t...
This was actually a decent attempt of humor from the conservative side. A parody of Genesis is something that would be heretical or sacrilegious.

But it started to fail at point 5 and point 6 made it sound like roads and bridges and dams are bad.

It was a good try, but just goes to show... conservatives don't really get the funny unless it's to kick someone in the face they think is beneath them.
Mutt the Wimp

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Republicans Urge Romney Focus on Jobs After Troubled Trip

Mitt Romney returns from an erratic, six-day overseas tour with no discernible boost to his foreign policy credentials, and facing fresh questions about his campaign operation as it enters a critical period.

While the presumed Republican nominee’s string of gaffes and international mini-incidents may not sway U.S. voters, whose chief concern is the domestic economy, it has reignited some Republicans’ concerns that the troubles Romney encountered abroad are indicative of his campaign’s weaknesses at home.
Mutt the Wimp

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Tax Returns
“Maintaining the secrecy creates the impression, justly or not, that there is something there to hide,” concluded a July 26 editorial in the New Hampshire Union Leader, a newspaper influential in Republican politics.“No escaping that reality. The impression is there. And it will cost Romney votes he cannot afford to lose

Romney is doing just he's promising other countries he'll do as president, give them jobs, bring work to them. He's acting as if he's been elected, which is not smart since he has to convince us here that he'll create more jobs here. It seems like he was trying to convince other countries that if he's elected, he'll create jobs overseas. Why go overseas to seek appoval and votes? Coming from Massachusetts and seeing what he did for us there, it's frightening what would happen if he was elected.

With only 98 days left in the campaign, Romney has to do something soon to secure more electoral votes.

The average of 23 online Electoral College opinion maps iscurrently:
Obama 240
Romney 196
Tossups 102

Romney must capture the lion's share of the Tossups to reach 270 to win. No opinion map, including Fox News, Real Clear Markets, Wall Street Journal, Rasmussen or Washington Times, has assigned more than 206 electoral votes to Romney since these maps began to be published in January.

Robme is doomed !!!!!!
Mutt the Wimp

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Romney could also pony up the tax returns for 12 years like his daddy did when he ran for POTUS. That would lay to rest, R.I.P., the suspicion that there were years he paid zero, zip, nada, niente. Or worse. Said another way, the Dems would be foolish not to harp on that the way the GOPers harped on the birther issue. Ah, politics. Ah, humanity.

Romney is like the most dis honest person the GOP could have picked to run against Obama. You mean to tell me thats all they had. It's like a repeat of Sara Palin. But Romney is like Tony Soprano. A tax evading snake and his best friend is Grover fat pig Norquest. It's like a huge joke. And the Republicans think this guy can beat Obama. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha
Mutt the Wimp

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

I think that Romney is just an updated Spiro Agnew and we all know what happened there.
Mutt the Wimp

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Romney won't win in Florida, Ohio, or Pennsylvania no matter who he picks. He's done.
Anyone got a fork?

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Dave Rogers wrote:
Why don't these liberals want to talk about the economy? I want to hear Obama's new plan on fixing the economy since his first plan was a disaster.
Highest unemployment in history.
Come out of hiding Dan the Man with multiple personalities.
Do you really want to go down that road?

The economy was just peachy under Bush. Gas was at an all time low (let's not look at what else happened at that point in time.) Then everything tanks under GOP policies.

And now you want Obama to fix everything in less than one term?

I suppose for your next demand is why aren't those union firefighters rebuilding your house fast enough when you set fire to the place.

Damn those unions! Damn those government paid firefighters! If only we had private, free market driven, fire companies everything would be a perfect union.

Meanwhile, you want the arsonists go free and actively support them to burn everything in order to cast blame on the firefighters.
Mutt the Wimp

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

I think they should give Sarah Palin another shot as VP......lmfao.

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Dan the Man wrote:
"There are a lot of people in government who help us and allow us to have an economy that works and allow entrepenuers and business leaders of various kinds to start businesses and create jobs. We all recognize that. That's an important thing."
- Mitt Romney
Not intended to be a factual statement.

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Dan the Man wrote:
"I know that you recognize that a lot of people help you in a business. Perhaps the banks, the investors. There's no question your mom and dad. Your school teachers. The people that provide roads, the fire, and the police. A lot of people help."
- Mitt Romney
"Not intended to be a factual statement."
John Kyl (R) AZ

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Dan the Man wrote:
"When we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together."
- Mitt Romney
Not intended to be a factual statement.

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

Wait a sec!

Isn't this thread supposed to be about Corbett?

Or is Obama now the Governor of PA?

Or is this just another misdirect by the GOP. Don't focus on Corbett and what's he's doing in PA. Look over there! Biden made a gaffe!

BTW, when is Corbett going to resign because of his involvement to cover up the Penn State scandal?

http://www.phillytrib.com/commentaryarticles/...
Dave Rogers

Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really want to go down that road?
The economy was just peachy under Bush. Gas was at an all time low (let's not look at what else happened at that point in time.) Then everything tanks under GOP policies.
And now you want Obama to fix everything in less than one term?
I suppose for your next demand is why aren't those union firefighters rebuilding your house fast enough when you set fire to the place.
Damn those unions! Damn those government paid firefighters! If only we had private, free market driven, fire companies everything would be a perfect union.
Meanwhile, you want the arsonists go free and actively support them to burn everything in order to cast blame on the firefighters.

Care to share what you're on?

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Dave Rogers wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to share what you're on?
Yep.

The Internet.

In days of yore, politician's claims took a long time to research by looking back through newspapers and microfiche. Now it's just a google search away. You can even look at differing sides (say DailyKos vs. FreeRepublic) and see the extremes of both partisans.

But now... looking back at the recent history, it's really difficult to support the GOP claims they are fiscally responsible and good on foreign affairs. That's the illusion they try to portray.

Instead, all I see from the GOP is a Christian version of the Taliban and Al Qaeda (but they aren't "true" Christians) and prosperity doctrine (if you are blessed, then will be monetarily rich. like Jesus taught.)

So what's a fiscally conservative, socially liberal person to do now? Certainly not vote Republican. They left me decades ago but it took me a while to realize it.

So go ahead and commence with calling me a RINO or a liberal. I'm sure you can come up with some more pejoratives (name calling if that word is too big for you.) I'll deal with it. I'm older than 12 now.
Mutt the Wimp

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Obama 2012 !!!!!!!!!

Robme cant catch him....cant wait until the debates.......last I heard Romney only wants 3 debates,Obama wants about 8..........

Robme has no plans to reduce the debt,create jobs in this country, or turn the economy around.......he has no plan, no one has heard of it.
He wants to build up the military at a tune of 1 trillion...where's the money come from Mitt?
He wants to reduce the deficit.........where's the money come from Mitt?

He wants to create jobs?
Where at China and Japan?

What jobs?
Robme is a clown.....

Robme is full of hot air and fantasy promises...

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Mutt the Wimp wrote:
Obama 2012 !!!!!!!!!
Robme cant catch him....cant wait until the debates.......last I heard Romney only wants 3 debates,Obama wants about 8..........
Robme has no plans to reduce the debt,create jobs in this country, or turn the economy around.......he has no plan, no one has heard of it.
He wants to build up the military at a tune of 1 trillion...where's the money come from Mitt?
He wants to reduce the deficit.........where's the money come from Mitt?
He wants to create jobs?
Where at China and Japan?
What jobs?
Robme is a clown.....
Robme is full of hot air and fantasy promises...
Did Romney release his tax records for the past 10 years yet?

Be curious to see what his effective rate is (does he have skin in the game?), how much he hid overseas, or whether the Mormon church will ostracize him for underpaying his required 10% tithe.

Maybe he doesn't want to release them because he made money off of abortion clinics or had contracts with the bin Ladens or funded Al Qaeda to speculate on oil future contracts.

Perhaps he took a tax deduction for donating to the Democratic party while he was Governor of Taxachussetts where he raised government fees in lieu of taxes.

Now there's a GOP model. No new taxes! But now there's a Fed fee on your fishing license of $1000! But no new taxes! Yay!
ussurf

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Mutt the Wimp wrote:
Romney won't win in Florida, Ohio, or Pennsylvania no matter who he picks. He's done.
Anyone got a fork?
I think what you are really asking for is a shovel, because Romney is not fit for human consumption.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Scranton Discussions

Search the Scranton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Valley Covenant Community Church 6 hr ridiculous 2
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 15 hr tom the con artist 3,832
Highway Construction Workers Nervous About High... Jul 30 Slimmer 2
Better By Design / Lamandre (Jul '13) Jul 29 Sugar Loaf 18
Steam locomotive highlights annual rail excursion Jul 28 hey now 1
Christmas in July kicks off to help local soup ... Jul 26 nigonnig crime 3
Invite the ope to visit Scranton. Jul 26 Peter 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Scranton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000