lynn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2009

does scott city realize how many registered sex offenders there is in this small town. I counted 18 when I was looking over the web site. remind your children to be careful and to stay away from strangers. I am considering showing the site to my boys, so that they know who the offenders are in town. Could I get some feed back as to whether this is a good idea or not?

“BUT WHO WAS PHONE!?”

Since: Jul 09

Cake, Ethiopia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2009

cool story bro
lynn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2009

Spread the Memes wrote:
cool story bro
how many people live in scott city the offenders could average 1 in what 200 to 250 scarey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2009

how about all convicted felons be on the registry? For one, I'd like to know if my next door neighbor is a wife beater, a drunkard, a murderer, and the list goes on and on. All convicted felons should be placed on a registry to be tracked for life!
not sure

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2009

lynn wrote:
does scott city realize how many registered sex offenders there is in this small town. I counted 18 when I was looking over the web site. remind your children to be careful and to stay away from strangers. I am considering showing the site to my boys, so that they know who the offenders are in town. Could I get some feed back as to whether this is a good idea or not?
i don't know if i would go that far as to show them, you wouldnt want to scare them, i would just stress the importance of not talking to strangers, always staying with friends, talk about what to do in emergencies, i guess it all depends on their age. good luck, i know my little guy isnt big enough to be outside yet without me, but i really worry about when he is, there are so many dangers, and i hate that i have to think about those things.
not sure

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2009

guest wrote:
how about all convicted felons be on the registry? For one, I'd like to know if my next door neighbor is a wife beater, a drunkard, a murderer, and the list goes on and on. All convicted felons should be placed on a registry to be tracked for life!
i agree. i wish the system was better, im not saying everyone deserves jail for life or no second chances, but there are some crimes when a person is convicted should never be allowed out. murder, sexual assualt, rape, molestation...in my opinion those people cant be helped. its scary that they just get out.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2009

lynn wrote:
look around you see them at school games city games everywhere children are. I dont understand the school knows this but they are allowed to go to games and concerts and stuff???
elphaba

Jackson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2009

Judged:

does anyone know what it takes to become a registered sex offender? not everyone on that list was out buggering little boys. you can get on that list for peeing in your yard at 2 a.m. some of those people have been accused of something that they didn't do, just because a girl got mad at them. for some, at the time, it was consensual but later on after it was thought over, they decided it was rape.
and, yes, i would leave my children with some(but not all) of those people on that list.
repent

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2009

elphaba, are you a yard pee-er?? u shouldn't be watering your lawn at 2 a.m.! that is just nasty. u would think it was alright to leave your kid around a hoodlum cause u sound like u might be in the same boat.
elphaba

Jackson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

i do know some of those people and they where wrongly accused. at 2 a.m., i'm sound asleep in my bed, with my husband, so there is no reason for me to be peeing in my yard, unlike you, leaving the bar with some nasty ho and can't hold it long enough to get in the house.
lynn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

elphaba wrote:
does anyone know what it takes to become a registered sex offender? not everyone on that list was out buggering little boys. you can get on that list for peeing in your yard at 2 a.m. some of those people have been accused of something that they didn't do, just because a girl got mad at them. for some, at the time, it was consensual but later on after it was thought over, they decided it was rape.
and, yes, i would leave my children with some(but not all) of those people on that list.
yes, it takes an unlawful act to make you a sex offender if using the restroom outside is that really something little girls or big girls or boys need to see. Why not use the bathroom not to many houses are missing a bathroom and if they don't have a restroom build an outhouse. Having sex with a minor is illegal it does not matter if it was consensual or not. I'm sorry this really bothers you but it is what it is.
elphaba

Jackson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

Judged:

i didn't say anything about having sex with a minor. before you have sex with someone you should know them well enough to know their real age. do you really not know any males that have never peed outside? should they all be arrested? it's not something that i personally want to see, but should your grandpa or dad or brother be put on the registered sex offenders list for it?

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

Guest wrote:
<quoted text>look around you see them at school games city games everywhere children are. I dont understand the school knows this but they are allowed to go to games and concerts and stuff???
Sex offenders are prohibited from entering or loitering within 500 feet of any school, rather public or private. The exception being that the person is a parent or gaurdian of the minor child, and that the sex offender has prior permission from the school district.

If any sex offender attends any school, college, trade school, for more than 7 days, the sex offender is to notify the chief law enforcement officer in the county in which they reside.

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

Judged:

not sure wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree. i wish the system was better, im not saying everyone deserves jail for life or no second chances, but there are some crimes when a person is convicted should never be allowed out. murder, sexual assualt, rape, molestation...in my opinion those people cant be helped. its scary that they just get out.
well many of the offenders can be helped with aggressive therapy from a licensed psychologist. This of course only works if the offender wants the help.

The sex offenders in therapy learn when they are entering their deviant cycle, and they have interventions in place that they can utilize to pull them out of that deviant cycle, so that they have no more victims.

It's much like a 12 step program for drug and alcohol treatment programs, but much more in depth of course.

Many sex offenders in Missouri are housed at the Farmington Correctional Center. That is where the MOSOP program is based. The program is 9 months in length.

Once the offender is released on parole, the treatment continues on the street through the Missouri Division of Probation and Parole. This street therapy as it's dubbed, continues until the offender is released from Probation and Parole.
no way

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
well many of the offenders can be helped with aggressive therapy from a licensed psychologist. This of course only works if the offender wants the help.
The sex offenders in therapy learn when they are entering their deviant cycle, and they have interventions in place that they can utilize to pull them out of that deviant cycle, so that they have no more victims.
It's much like a 12 step program for drug and alcohol treatment programs, but much more in depth of course
Many sex offenders in Missouri are housed at the Farmington Correctional Center. That is where the MOSOP program is based. The program is 9 months in length.
Once the offender is released on parole, the treatment continues on the street through the Missouri Division of Probation and Parole. This street therapy as it's dubbed, continues until the offender is released from Probation and Parole.
there is something wrong with someone who does anything to a child, and that person WILL NEVER change, when a person is that
messed up, that should rot in prision WITHOUT and option of parole or probation, no 12 step program is going to cure that being an alcoholic or a drug addict is a difficult situation that can be helped being a child molestor or a rapist is two totally different things..........that should never even be compared.
unimportant someone

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

Judged:

personally i like to run alot on the back roads and i like to walk alot at night because streets are clear and its nice and cool. and when im running sometimes theirs no bath room near me so if i have to pee ill just walk off in some brush off the road or pee next to a vehical with no one around of course but if i were ever convicted as a sex offinder for that i would soon be a murderer because theirs no way i would forgive the cop that would put me in that catagory especially if all your doing is peeing on a tree... now that would be differnt if i was like running around town butt ass naked fucking urinating on peoples doors and windows and shit like that

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

no way wrote:
<quoted text>
there is something wrong with someone who does anything to a child, and that person WILL NEVER change, when a person is that
messed up, that should rot in prision WITHOUT and option of parole or probation, no 12 step program is going to cure that being an alcoholic or a drug addict is a difficult situation that can be helped being a child molestor or a rapist is two totally different things..........that should never even be compared.
No Way..;
your assuming the worst, which is a standard thinking error on your part. Never assume that all sex offenders had child victims.
elphaba

Jackson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

thanks, that's the point i was trying to get across. a close friend is on that list because a girl got mad at him, they were both in their 30's at the time.
lynn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

Judged:

elphaba wrote:
thanks, that's the point i was trying to get across. a close friend is on that list because a girl got mad at him, they were both in their 30's at the time.
why did she get mad, did he force her or hurt her there had to be a reason police officers are not stupid they work hard to get results from cause and effect
pickled

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

Judged:

Most offenders of this crime are discriminated against ao bad they loose everything and everyone. Then some kid feels that person was wronged starts spending time with them out of pity then the offender commits again. Social forgiveness has allot to do with them getting help and not commiting the acts again. So keep the narrow thoughts. The acts of these offenders are gross and pathetic. I am more interested in fixing them and not giving them a free ride for life on tax payer dollars. The registry your right is a joke. All felons should be on there. Criminals are criminals. None of them ever helped thier victims when they were commiting acts against them. Unlike murders, most sexual offenders victims live.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Scott City Forum right now

Search the Scott City Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Oak St. Trash (Jun '10) 40 min Ginny 38
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 58 min guest 95,499
MO August 3 Missouri Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) 5 hr vote to vote 10,207
miss s (Mar '12) 8 hr guest 2
Best Teachers of 2009-2010 (Feb '10) Thu Guest 23
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) Wed CLUE 6,909
dont tell trip neg im here Wed Guest 13
•••
•••
•••
•••

Scott City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••