Driver charged in crash that killed local man

A 20-year-old Lebanon woman who was driving a car that crashed in Monroe County on New Year's Day, killing her passenger, was charged Thursday with homicide by vehicle while driving under the influence of alcohol. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
grow up

Collegeville, PA

#23 Feb 7, 2011
The people on this are honestly the most unforgiving individuals. Anybody can make this exact mistake. Sleeping for a bit after drinking...thinking your okay and driving home. Everybody has done this and if you haven't your in the minority. This girl lost someone she really cared about because of one bad decision. Stop being so heartless. Crystal.. if you read this not only do I want to say keep your head up you'll get through this I also want to say don't listen to these people... your a good person, mistakes happen.. you will come out stronger in the end.
yes grow up

Lebanon, PA

#24 Feb 7, 2011
thank god for people like youself "grow up" I'm pretty sure some if not most of the ignorant comments on this page were made by people who drove intoxicated most likely on more than one occasion - they may have gotten away with it and feel they can now judge others. Whatever! Unless you know the people involved you should probably keep your uneducated, ignorant mouths shut! And as far as "CrystalsR Bad news" he's about as stupid as stupid gets - so congrats for that!
Just me

Lebanon, PA

#25 Feb 7, 2011
CRYSTALS R BAD NEWS wrote:
<quoted text>
Prison lesbians will be giving her plenty of both.
Are you talking from experience? I am so glad you are perfect, or at least in YOUR own mind. Learn some manners. I hope you never make a mistake.
Bad Choices

Philadelphia, PA

#26 Feb 7, 2011
We have all made bad choices in our lives and they made a joint decision to head home that day, mother nature had other plans. Had he made a decision to sit upright in the seat with his seatbelt on maybe he'd only have gotten beaten up and not what happened. NOBODY can turn back the hands of time and change things that happen, otherwise i'm sure we'd all do something diff that ended up bad in our lives. He was the love of her life and will have to live with the end result of a dual decision. She will have to live each day without him and try to move on with her life, something of which she may never do. Its ok for the uninformed to sit back and judge and make comments, but step into her shoes and just imagine what it could be like, because it could be you or one of your own. Never say never. The outcome of this by way of the law is in the hands of the courts and we all know they make bad decisions all the time. EX: 26yr old young man out on his motorcycle, killed on Rte 72 when hit head on by female in an Explorer, he lost his life, his daughter became fatherless and yet the woman who killed him walks free, no retribution for her "mistake"! Crystal and Brandon BOTH made the mistake, unfortunately only Cyrstal will have to pay the price for both. She needs strength to deal with what she has been handed and at her age its not easy, its not what she wanted and would give ANYTHING to have him back by her side where she wanted him for the rest of her life. Have you ever had a broken heart??? With most broken hearts its 2 people parting ways but u may occassionaly bump into him/her n feel the rush of emotions. Crystal will have this broken heart forever with her only chance of seeing Brandon again is when god decides its her time to go home. Bless you Crystal, take one day at a time and dont let the ignortant of the world bring you down.
Just me

Lebanon, PA

#27 Feb 7, 2011
Bad Choices wrote:
We have all made bad choices in our lives and they made a joint decision to head home that day, mother nature had other plans. Had he made a decision to sit upright in the seat with his seatbelt on maybe he'd only have gotten beaten up and not what happened. NOBODY can turn back the hands of time and change things that happen, otherwise i'm sure we'd all do something diff that ended up bad in our lives. He was the love of her life and will have to live with the end result of a dual decision. She will have to live each day without him and try to move on with her life, something of which she may never do. Its ok for the uninformed to sit back and judge and make comments, but step into her shoes and just imagine what it could be like, because it could be you or one of your own. Never say never. The outcome of this by way of the law is in the hands of the courts and we all know they make bad decisions all the time. EX: 26yr old young man out on his motorcycle, killed on Rte 72 when hit head on by female in an Explorer, he lost his life, his daughter became fatherless and yet the woman who killed him walks free, no retribution for her "mistake"! Crystal and Brandon BOTH made the mistake, unfortunately only Cyrstal will have to pay the price for both. She needs strength to deal with what she has been handed and at her age its not easy, its not what she wanted and would give ANYTHING to have him back by her side where she wanted him for the rest of her life. Have you ever had a broken heart??? With most broken hearts its 2 people parting ways but u may occassionaly bump into him/her n feel the rush of emotions. Crystal will have this broken heart forever with her only chance of seeing Brandon again is when god decides its her time to go home. Bless you Crystal, take one day at a time and dont let the ignortant of the world bring you down.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
scumbags defend scumbags

Pittston, PA

#28 Feb 9, 2011
you scumbags have excuses for all of your inbred friends and relatives.

hopefully, some drunk driver who is somebody else's relation will off you while driving drunk---and somebody else's relation will defend the drunk driver.

karma, you inbred scumbags!
unmistakable

Landisville, PA

#29 Feb 9, 2011
The word "mistake" is thrown around a lot here..
and on the other topic about two young males.
Is crime a mistake ?
Murder a mistake ?
OJ Simpson made a mistake ?
Mafia cement boots and rope tricks are also mistakes ?
Getting caught with pounds of dope in your trunk a mistake ?
Let's leave the word "mistake" OUT of all of this.
Please.
throwing it out there

Philadelphia, PA

#30 Feb 9, 2011
before you stand and judge know your facts!!!! what wasnt listed in the paper is the FACT that he WAS driving the car when they headed home. he asked her to resume driving because he was too ill to continue driving himself. So all this could have all been reversed and he could be the one charged, but he would have gotten more charges for contributing to the delinquency of a minor. but guess all the people who no lives and sit on these stupid blogs all day have nothing better to do then judge others when in all actuality your nobodys whose opinions mean nothing to noone. speaking of karma "judge those less be judged" you ready for your share?????
Angry

Annville, PA

#31 Feb 9, 2011
throwing it out there wrote:
before you stand and judge know your facts!!!! what wasnt listed in the paper is the FACT that he WAS driving the car when they headed home. he asked her to resume driving because he was too ill to continue driving himself. So all this could have all been reversed and he could be the one charged, but he would have gotten more charges for contributing to the delinquency of a minor. but guess all the people who no lives and sit on these stupid blogs all day have nothing better to do then judge others when in all actuality your nobodys whose opinions mean nothing to noone. speaking of karma "judge those less be judged" you ready for your share?????
Well said! I did not know these people but the same thing is going on with the comments on the 2 boys that were killed over the weekend. Sad people have to attack the dead and/or the ones who made a mistake.
DISGUSTEDINYORK

Annville, PA

#32 Feb 9, 2011
Do believe he was driving at one point - rumor has it, they were arguing and he was driving and she demanded to let HER drive HER car -- he went to the back seat, fell asleep and NEVER knew what hit him!!!

Yes Crystal will have to live with this for the rest of her life which is sad... BUT his Mother, Father, Sisters, Brothers ect. will have to LIVE WITHOUT HIM for the rest of their lives --- which is worse???? She will go to jail and be out in a few years and more than likely move on and forget about this... his family WILL NEVER FORGET!!!!!
Omg

Lebanon, PA

#33 Feb 9, 2011
I can't believe these comments You mean to tell me none of you have ever made a mistake. It is so sad what happened. I know i have made alot of mistakes in my life and this girl is only 20 years old and has to live the rest of her life knowing that she killed her boyfriend and i think thats punishment enough.Accidents happen and you can't control them.Just cause she got charged with a dui doesn't mean she was drunk it means she is underage. 3 drinks i'm over the limit and i know for sure i'm not drunk. She hit ice and lost control of her car thats what we call an accident. She was hurt really bad in this" accident" too. So you should know both sides of the story before you post such rude comments like that...
Omg

Lebanon, PA

#34 Feb 9, 2011
scumbags defend scumbags wrote:
you scumbags have excuses for all of your inbred friends and relatives.
hopefully, some drunk driver who is somebody else's relation will off you while driving drunk---and somebody else's relation will defend the drunk driver.
karma, you inbred scumbags!
The only scumbag i hear on this page is you. i was hit by a drunk driver before and barely came out alive but i did and you know what everyone makes mistakes and for something like that i told the judge he deserves a second chance. What difference is jail gonna make he still has to live knowing he hit me and damaged me for the rest of my life. I think thats punishment enough for some people. She is a 20 year old girl and deserves a second chance it was an accident. Accidents happen.
omg yur dumb

Pittston, PA

#35 Feb 10, 2011
Omg wrote:
<quoted text> The only scumbag i hear on this page is you. i was hit by a drunk driver before and barely came out alive but i did and you know what everyone makes mistakes and for something like that i told the judge he deserves a second chance. What difference is jail gonna make he still has to live knowing he hit me and damaged me for the rest of my life. I think thats punishment enough for some people. She is a 20 year old girl and deserves a second chance it was an accident. Accidents happen.
haha---most criminals don't have any guilt whatsoever.

I bet the drunk that hit you never ever gives you a second's thought.
dont forget laura bush

Pittston, PA

#36 Feb 10, 2011
DISGUSTEDINYORK wrote:
Do believe he was driving at one point - rumor has it, they were arguing and he was driving and she demanded to let HER drive HER car -- he went to the back seat, fell asleep and NEVER knew what hit him!!!
Yes Crystal will have to live with this for the rest of her life which is sad... BUT his Mother, Father, Sisters, Brothers ect. will have to LIVE WITHOUT HIM for the rest of their lives --- which is worse????

She will go to jail and be out in a few years and more than likely move on and forget about this...

his family WILL NEVER FORGET!!!!!
Laura Bush killed somebody with her car, when she was a teen and sober---didn't stop her from living a full life, being in the public eye, having two kids, being first lady.

ALMOST ALL KILLERS HAVE NO SENSE OF GUILT....especially when they have lots of friends defending what they did.
Omg

Lebanon, PA

#37 Feb 10, 2011
omg yur dumb wrote:
<quoted text>haha---most criminals don't have any guilt whatsoever.
I bet the drunk that hit you never ever gives you a second's thought.
I can't believe you people the girl is 20 yeats old and made a huge mistake. Which i'm pretty sure we all have made mistakes in are lives. I know a life was taken in this mistake and that really sucks but it was a car accident they happen. She wasn't drunk or driving like a nut she was lost and got in a car accident. Yes i know she got a dui but she is underage and any alcohol is a dui.Everyone has a right to there on opinion and mine is stop being assholes to a 20 year old girl who made a mistake and is going to have to live with that mistake for the rest of her life.
wow these post are crazy!

Harrisburg, PA

#38 Mar 4, 2011
First let me say I am sorry to both families. This by far is a shame lives lost and lives taken. You can't blame Crystal for thinking she was making the best choice at the time. Had they not got into a fight and he Went to take off in the car this never would of happen. Yes she made the choice to drive only after he was way to drunk to continue to drive. Her thinking she was less drunk then him is a choice I'm sure many of you have made. His family is supporting her just as much as hers hats off to them. This is an accident nothing more nothing less. Yes he lost his life and she will live with that forever that she is the person responsible. I do think that every person should be held accountable that was at that party as well as the home owner for allowing miners to drink. May god bless all of your families while you continue to get through this.
CRYSTAL IS A KILLER

Wyoming, PA

#39 Jun 16, 2012
grow up wrote:
The people on this are honestly the most unforgiving individuals. Anybody can make this exact mistake. Sleeping for a bit after drinking...thinking your okay and driving home. Everybody has done this and if you haven't your in the minority. This girl lost someone she really cared about because of one bad decision. Stop being so heartless. Crystal.. if you read this not only do I want to say keep your head up you'll get through this I also want to say don't listen to these people... your a good person, mistakes happen.. you will come out stronger in the end.
you inbreeds really stick up for one another.
mom

York, PA

#40 Jul 26, 2012
she may not have meant to kill him, but she picked up her keys and got in the car. think before you do something that might kill someone. I feel so sorry for the family of the young man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saylorsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 4 hr Scapegoat 51,531
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Tue Skip Intel - Blam... 4,021
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Sep 29 R Nixon 186
Shopping Scout: August 19, 2009 (Dec '09) Sep 8 hampsoneric0 7
West End Fair's Got Talent... Aug '14 gmom2255 1
Ex-employee admits stealing $380,000 from Lehig... Aug '14 silly rabbit 1
New building Aug '14 Sam 1
Saylorsburg Dating
Find my Match

Saylorsburg Jobs

Saylorsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Saylorsburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Saylorsburg

Personal Finance