kuy

Henderson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2012

Remember mr. Wheatly who had a lumber business?
Melody Harmony

Brownsville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2012

I remember the great Christmas parades!
daysgon

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2012

Downtown wrote:
I can remember The Fox's Den, Mutt's Stew Pot, Taylor's Outlet, & the Post Office (where the museum is now) all being downtown. Does anyone remember Western Auto? Can anyone remember when we didn't have Wal mart or a mcdonald's?
I remember Western Auto my parents bought a bike for my 7th birthday from there...im 25 now
Herb s son

Cordova, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Remember Elvin Williams service station where Dr. Henessey's office is now. The old funeral home across from Community South Bank.[@/QUOTE]
That was my grand father. My name is Joseph Williams. Remember the black truck that he drove all the time? People where I live dont know the kind of care that he put into it, so they keep low balling me when I post ads for it, but in a way, I guess it wouldnt hurt my feelings if I had to hang onto it. It's a great reminder of a great man who meant alot to everyone, and took care of business with anybody who needed it, including himself and his belongings. That man definitely knew his cars. Inside and out.
Just Cause

Halls, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Herb s son wrote:
Remember Elvin Williams service station where Dr. Henessey's office is now. The old funeral home across from Community South Bank.[@/QUOTE]
That was my grand father. My name is Joseph Williams. Remember the black truck that he drove all the time? People where I live dont know the kind of care that he put into it, so they keep low balling me when I post ads for it, but in a way, I guess it wouldnt hurt my feelings if I had to hang onto it. It's a great reminder of a great man who meant alot to everyone, and took care of business with anybody who needed it, including himself and his belongings. That man definitely knew his cars. Inside and out.
Very well said. You are right. Those business owners of long ago knew how to run a business, make money, and be people pleasers.
sweetsugar1954

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Well it looks like people are taking an interest in the old things in Savannah again. Lets see if we can keep this clean
WOW

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

who gives a shit? old shit here. over and over again. even the posters.
sweetsugar1954

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Ok forget I even tried to start anything good on here. I'll go back off and just read again. Gone
dot

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

What ever happened to hchs principal alex homra?
youngbutstillrem embers

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Larry's corner store. On the corner of fairgrounds and pinhook
Ty Lynn All

Halls, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

This is a great site and I enjoy it. Sweet sugar you are a wealth of infomation. Keep posting and let the ones who cut it just be ignored. They most likely are transplants and spend all day being umemployed. Homra owns the RIB CAGE in Pickwick. Tell us about Larry....doesnt ring a bell.
Harold Icky

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

Ty Lynn All wrote:
This is a great site and I enjoy it. Sweet sugar you are a wealth of infomation. Keep posting and let the ones who cut it just be ignored. They most likely are transplants and spend all day being umemployed. Homra owns the RIB CAGE in Pickwick. Tell us about Larry....doesnt ring a bell.
hot dam gal, I like that screen name.
sweetsugar1954

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

When I was young the corner store was owned by Robert McDaniels. That was in the 70's when I lived on north Deberry st.
allan

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

What ever happened to sheriff seaton after his prison term ended?
Deputy Dawg

Stone Mountain, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

allan wrote:
He learned to cook while in prison and now he is a short order cook on the third shift at the huddle house by the bridge,
memories are fading

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

sweetsugar1954 wrote:
When I was young the corner store was owned by Robert McDaniels. That was in the 70's when I lived on north Deberry st.
And can you remember b4 he owned it.---I used to go in there back then but I can Not remember who they were ---I beleive it was a husband and wife--back b4 Robert..
ChestertheMolest er

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

memories are fading wrote:
<quoted text>
And can you remember b4 he owned it.---I used to go in there back then but I can Not remember who they were ---I beleive it was a husband and wife--back b4 Robert..
did you make a fool outta yourself, in there, back then too Johnny?
little man knows

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

allan wrote:
After his "wrongful" conviction (helped out by lieng ass pervert witnesses), David came back to hardin County and quietly worked in the lumber and hardware buisness in Pickwick before his passing.
allan

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

When did he pass? I always wondered what happened to him.
Roadrunner

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

sweetsugar1954 wrote:
Ok forget I even tried to start anything good on here. I'll go back off and just read again. Gone
Cuz im like you I just read now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

40 Users are viewing the Savannah Forum right now

Search the Savannah Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
drug sweep 9 min really 64
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 13 min Irving 141,453
Walmart 20 min Cindy 1
Please help 38 min savethechildren 1
Is Cafe St Clair in Pickwick a good place to work? 41 min Melanie 21
Dr.Matt Barnes charged possible rape 44 min Melanie 30
savannah transforms in to crump every weekend. 1 hr Adam Robinson 3
•••
•••
•••
Savannah Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••