new tobacco store law

Posted in the Savannah Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
redneckhippy

United States

#1 Apr 17, 2010
The Tobacco store in town by Wendys now tell you children can't come in the store.Is this in fact a new law as the clerk in the store said, or is it a bunch of B.S.
MPerfect

United States

#2 Apr 17, 2010
Law or not, it is a good idea.
Checked It Myself

Iuka, MS

#3 Apr 17, 2010
I called the store myself & found out if it's true or not. IT IS TRUE! It came straight from the boss that anyone under 18 is NOT ALLOWED IN THE STORE. The clerk said she did not know why just that it is now posted and they have to obey the new rule. Sorry folks!
Cinnamongirl

Ripley, WV

#4 Apr 27, 2010
Same goes for liquor stores..no children. Don't see why it should be any different than tobacco stores. Personally, I think beer should be sold only in beer stores like liquor. And anyone under 21 would not be allowed inside. Too many kids are addicts in this county.
Mafia Mama

Talladega, AL

#5 Apr 28, 2010
I wonder if maybe it has to do with the smoking "accessories" that they are selling there? Or if they got caught selling to a minor maybe? Anyone know why this went into effect? Been going there for years & don't know why suddenly this is the new law.
Litter

Olive Branch, MS

#6 Apr 28, 2010
MPerfect wrote:
Law or not, it is a good idea.
Me too. Kids have no business in the business.
Mafia Mama

Talladega, AL

#7 Apr 29, 2010
If kids can't go into a store where they sell tobacco then why are they allowed to go into Wal Mart or other quick stop shops where they are sold? What about the fact beer is sold at the corner stores too? It just doesn't make any sense why one store decided to do that. I want answers! Tit for tat or none at all damn it!
Merle

United States

#8 May 2, 2010
Mafia Mama wrote:
If kids can't go into a store where they sell tobacco then why are they allowed to go into Wal Mart or other quick stop shops where they are sold? What about the fact beer is sold at the corner stores too? It just doesn't make any sense why one store decided to do that. I want answers! Tit for tat or none at all damn it!
Has anything the Government done in the last several years made any sense? It's all about the politics. "Poly"= many..."Tics"= blood sucking parasites...
Mafia Mama

United States

#9 May 2, 2010
LOL I agree with that Merle. But I still want to know the facts as they relate to why this particular tobacco store decided suddenly to not allow kids in the store now.
mother of 2

Greenfield, TN

#10 May 3, 2010
The reason for the age group is that the store is a tobacco shop and not a conveince store the tobacco shop only sales tobacco and no one that is not legal age to purchase tobacco should be in the store.
COUNTRY GIRL

Cambridge, OH

#11 May 3, 2010
THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE THAT ALONG TIME AGO INSTEAD OF NOW.I USED TO WORK THERE AND IT WAS NEVER LIKE THAT.
Mafia Mama

Sarah, MS

#12 May 4, 2010
They don't just sell tobacco. They sell candy, gum, sodas and other items that are sold to people under the age of 18. I'm not trying to just argue the point but I'm stating there has to be more to it than just the tobacco thing.
What are you suppose to do with your children that are in the car with you as you are in town paying your bills and decide to purchase tobacco at a shop where you've traded since they opened the doors? Just leave them in the car when that is not a safe option? I don't think so. I suppose one should just start shopping elsewhere. I hope their lower sales will reflect just how stupid that decision is now.
Elsewhere

Greenfield, TN

#13 May 4, 2010
what u see at that store is goin to be what happens to alot of tobbaco shops if the law passes every tobbaco shop will have to do the same thing this store has already done,They just went ahead and did it just in case the law does pass. If the law does not pass they can take the sighn down.
The parents in jail

Greenfield, TN

#14 May 4, 2010
i agree and dissagree with the law, Nobody under 18 is allowed in the store so what am i suppose to do leav my 6 & 4 year old in the car so i can get the cops called on me for leaving my kid in the car. but the store canot help this law it will affect every parent that smokes THINK THE GOVERNMENT FOR THIS
Huff and Puff

Chicago, IL

#15 May 4, 2010
why don't you people just stop smoking?...and you worry about your kids being left in the car while you go into the store and buy tobacco so you can smoke around them and kill them with second hand smoke??? what a bunch of hyprocrites....and idiots

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#16 May 4, 2010
amen
Mafia Mama

Prairie, MS

#17 May 4, 2010
Huff and Puff wrote:
why don't you people just stop smoking?...and you worry about your kids being left in the car while you go into the store and buy tobacco so you can smoke around them and kill them with second hand smoke??? what a bunch of hyprocrites....and idiots
Huff and Puff and blow your own house down you asshole! Just because someone goes into a store to buy tobacco does not mean they are smoking around their kids or in the car either you idiot. I know a lot of "Closet Smokers" whose family doesn't have a clue they even smoke. They are the ones who smoke outside of their home or cars and they only smoke once or twice a day. A pack of smokes last these folks a damn week. So don't you dare judge me when you don't know jack shit about my lifestyle!
I'm sure the drunks who drive around with their kids in the car are soooooo much better than the smokers right? Dumb ass!
huff and puff

Tullahoma, TN

#18 May 4, 2010
well, I stand corrected...it seems that the one sole person that doesn't smoke around her kids is the wonderful parent that replied to my comment...Imagine that!! Didn't know anything was said in this blog about drinkers driving with their kids.sure thought this was about hyprocrites crying about their babies having to set in a car at the smoke store...
murphy01

Greenfield, TN

#19 May 5, 2010
Mafia Mama wrote:
<quoted text>
Huff and Puff and blow your own house down you asshole! Just because someone goes into a store to buy tobacco does not mean they are smoking around their kids or in the car either you idiot. I know a lot of "Closet Smokers" whose family doesn't have a clue they even smoke. They are the ones who smoke outside of their home or cars and they only smoke once or twice a day. A pack of smokes last these folks a damn week. So don't you dare judge me when you don't know jack shit about my lifestyle!
I'm sure the drunks who drive around with their kids in the car are soooooo much better than the smokers right? Dumb ass!
Sounds like you need something better to do with your time than putting down a store that has no control on what the goverment does!!!!
Red

Fairfield, CT

#20 May 5, 2010

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savannah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 6 min miss tuffet 152,209
Trust him hes a doctor 30 min Lol 2
r. j. wilson back in town??? 1 hr Jgf 2
Kayla & Sasha (Dec '11) 3 hr hummmm 6
Randee Smith n Aimee crites 4 hr sad 6
Tamra King 4 hr sure 3
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 5 hr fgtwwq 8,644
Savannah Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Savannah Jobs

Savannah People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Savannah News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Savannah

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]