SANTAQUIN ACCIDENT: High speed chase ends with accident in Santaquin

Full story: Fox13Now 20
A high speed chase on Interstate 15 southbound ended with a crash in Santaquin Monday morning. Full Story
lol

Orem, UT

#1 Jul 5, 2010
the crash started at bout 5?
wyatt christensen

Orem, UT

#2 Jul 5, 2010
the crash started when?
noblondes

Layton, UT

#3 Jul 5, 2010
So two very good people are in critical condition due to great police work in Utah.

Wow, these high speed chases are not good.

People die all the time and its never the cops.

It is people that are just out trying to work, pay their taxes to allow the cops to try and kill them.

Stop high speed chases.
dixiel

Marysvale, UT

#4 Jul 5, 2010
STUPID, STUPID, STUPID
withheld

Salt Lake City, UT

#5 Jul 5, 2010
I wonder if spikes only end up involving individuals who have nothing to do with what is going on. Seems a little more common sense is in order.
withheld

Salt Lake City, UT

#6 Jul 5, 2010
of course who have ever accused the local police of common sense?
no name

Salt Lake City, UT

#7 Jul 5, 2010
dumb and dumbier
U People Are Morons

Draper, UT

#8 Jul 5, 2010
The Highway Patrol are out there trying to keep everyone safe and they are being blamed for this idiot crashing? If he wouldn't have been speeding and trying to get away from the officers then he would have never crashed! Since when did idiot people not have to have consequences for their stupid actions? If you see red and blues behind you pull over and stop! Let the officer explain to you why you are being pulled over and you won't end up being in a crash and possibly taking the life of someone innocent! The police already have a hard enough job out there without stupid people thinking they don't have to pay for their mistakes. This person was in the wrong and therefore whatever happens to the person in the camaro is on his head.
U People Are Morons

Draper, UT

#9 Jul 5, 2010
lol wrote:
the crash started at bout 5?
A crash doesn't start it happens...

Since: Jul 10

Draper, UT

#11 Jul 5, 2010
noblondes wrote:
So two very good people are in critical condition due to great police work in Utah.
Wow, these high speed chases are not good.
People die all the time and its never the cops.
It is people that are just out trying to work, pay their taxes to allow the cops to try and kill them.
Stop high speed chases.
If they had dumbass as on option for judgement I would have put that!

Draper, UT

#12 Jul 5, 2010
withheld wrote:
I wonder if spikes only end up involving individuals who have nothing to do with what is going on. Seems a little more common sense is in order.
Common sense from the people running from the officers is in order that is for sure!

Draper, UT

#13 Jul 5, 2010
withheld wrote:
of course who have ever accused the local police of common sense?
So easy to judge from your little computer chair isn't it?

Draper, UT

#14 Jul 5, 2010
no name wrote:
dumb and dumbier
I ask the moderator to please put the possibility of "dumbass" as an option for this comment also rates it.
CJs

Salt Lake City, UT

#15 Jul 6, 2010
U People Are Morons wrote:
The Highway Patrol are out there trying to keep everyone safe and they are being blamed for this idiot crashing? If he wouldn't have been speeding and trying to get away from the officers then he would have never crashed! Since when did idiot people not have to have consequences for their stupid actions? If you see red and blues behind you pull over and stop! Let the officer explain to you why you are being pulled over and you won't end up being in a crash and possibly taking the life of someone innocent! The police already have a hard enough job out there without stupid people thinking they don't have to pay for their mistakes. This person was in the wrong and therefore whatever happens to the person in the camaro is on his head.
Of course the police are being blamed. They should have shut down the freeway going southbound and north bound. The police are supposed to keep the citizens safe. It is also the drivers fault. If he would have stopped nobody would have been injured but it is the officers duty to keep the public safe not the driver of the car running. It would have only taken a few moments for the police to close the north bound traffic. Just a few moments.
noblondes

Layton, UT

#16 Jul 6, 2010
Dumbest!

Draper, UT

#17 Jul 6, 2010
CJs wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course the police are being blamed. They should have shut down the freeway going southbound and north bound. The police are supposed to keep the citizens safe. It is also the drivers fault. If he would have stopped nobody would have been injured but it is the officers duty to keep the public safe not the driver of the car running. It would have only taken a few moments for the police to close the north bound traffic. Just a few moments.
You obviously don't know what it takes to shut the freeway down and the problems it can case in backups and rearenders all through the backup. People need to stop looking at the backend of the car infront of them and look ahead to see what traffic is doing. That way you could make a good decision as to what your next action needs to be. Then you have people peoed because they are being inconvenianced for a few mins so that problems ahead can be taken care of. I have every confidence that UHP did everything they could to keep the public safe and keep the dumbazz in the car they were trying to stop safe. Sad thing is criminals have more rights then the officers and the officers have to keep that in mind also. The officers have to risk their lives for the criminals just as they have to for the law abiding public and the ones that are total morons. If you had any idea what it takes to close the freeway down you wouldn't be saying that.
CJs

Salt Lake City, UT

#18 Jul 7, 2010
<quoted text>
You obviously don't know what it takes to shut the freeway down and the problems it can case in backups and rearenders all through the backup. People need to stop looking at the backend of the car infront of them and look ahead to see what traffic is doing. That way you could make a good decision as to what your next action needs to be. Then you have people peoed because they are being inconvenianced for a few mins so that problems ahead can be taken care of. I have every confidence that UHP did everything they could to keep the public safe and keep the dumbazz in the car they were trying to stop safe. Sad thing is criminals have more rights then the officers and the officers have to keep that in mind also. The officers have to risk their lives for the criminals just as they have to for the law abiding public and the ones that are total morons. If you had any idea what it takes to close the freeway down you wouldn't be saying that.
They had to close the freeway down anyway to clean up the accident anyway. They sure did stop that dumb-ass and now he is on life support, with two clasped lungs, and a bleeding brain. Who knows what condition the victim is in. The police could have pleaded with the man or used the PIT maneuver before pulling the spikes. You do not know why he was running from the police (and it's not what you think) and what medical problems the man had. The police had his license plate number and could have stopped him other ways that would not have injured the man and the Victim that "that just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong place."
dixiel

Marysvale, UT

#19 Jul 7, 2010
<quoted text>
oh, all-knowing great one.... please bestow upon us your other-worldly onipotent power.... blah blah blah...

United States

#20 Jul 8, 2010
CJs wrote:
<quoted text>
They had to close the freeway down anyway to clean up the accident anyway. They sure did stop that dumb-**** and now he is on life support, with two clasped lungs, and a bleeding brain. Who knows what condition the victim is in. The police could have pleaded with the man or used the PIT maneuver before pulling the spikes. You do not know why he was running from the police (and it's not what you think) and what medical problems the man had. The police had his license plate number and could have stopped him other ways that would not have injured the man and the Victim that "that just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong place."
Yeah the pit manuver at those speeds would for sure had a different outcome. Whatever his condition right now is from his own stupidity. You must have voted for Obama thinking that pleading with the man would have made a difference and how are they even supposed to do that at high speeds? No I dont know why he was running from the police (and please tell me what I think it was so everyone else knows what I am thinking) but I do know you just don't do it, he should have pulled over when they come up behind him that is the bottom line. If he would have done that he would be in much better condtion right now and so would the person in the other car. We as a people need to stop protecting people from their own consequences caused from their own stupid actions.

United States

#21 Jul 8, 2010
dixiel wrote:
<quoted text> oh, all-knowing great one.... please bestow upon us your other-worldly onipotent power.... blah blah blah...
Is it common sense you speak of because that is what I try to use in life everyday. That is something that has slipped away from people and parents forget to teach their children about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santaquin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boycott Leslie’s Family Tree diner Nov 9 PoliceState 1
Review: Edge Custom Shop The Sep '14 Jesie 1
Tarzana / West Hills / Woodland Hills (May '14) May '14 tarzana remodeling 1
Woodland Hills / Builders / Contractors / Remod... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Woodland Hills 1
Review: HG Utah 1 LLC (Jun '13) Jun '13 why would I 1
Debate: Iowa GOP Debate - Santaquin, UT (Aug '11) Aug '11 Ryan Mortensen 2
Traffic accident closes NB I-15 near Santaquin (Apr '11) Apr '11 Sheral Taylor 1

Avalanche Warning for Utah County was issued at November 24 at 5:30AM MST

Santaquin Dating
Find my Match

Santaquin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Santaquin News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Santaquin

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:44 am PST